• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT: Anyone know if baby Py is born yet?!

M

Mandolin

Just curious.. I'm sure jumping on the computer to post a message on Stratics or anywhere for that matter is the last thing on his mind.. but anyone get an update about the newest addition to his family yet??

G

Aye ! We been waiting and WAITING for forever also to hear but ..she musta felt that today was a better day to be born at 4:09 am, this morning. I figure Lord Py will post on it himself ..unless he finally is gonna get some much needed sleep. He 'just' posted it on our forum and since ye just asked ..yes she is finally here and born 9 pounds 9 ounces. A lil Py cupcake wee lil Canadian..*add one more to the population of Canada. *giggles*

K

Krishka_SP

I think the fact that there was no hockey last fall is a really good thing for the Canadian Population. Me, two of my friends 2 of my wifes aunts, and 3 people I used to work with at my last job, all pregnant and due between now and July 15.

M

Mandolin

I'm SO glad to hear this.. hadn't been over to the KSS boards yet this afternoon.. been wondering ever since his last post! Thanks QZ!!!!

I

imported_Castor

should be the candian planned parenthood slogan...

Hockey season, more effective than the pill...

K

Krishka_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Hockey season, more effective than the pill...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!!

New Signature

J

jasmin of SP

yea it was born...half elf!!

he said hes gonna kick his wife's and her elf-boyfriends asses!

G

Yes, she is here, and she has found her lungs I tell you that!

9 lbs 9 oz, perfect little girl, my hands were the first to touch her coming out, was an amazing experience.

Now I'm going back to try to get some sleep, ya right :p

J

jasmin of SP

congrats! is that 3 now? way to help keep canada's population up!

G

9lb 9oz, holy jumpin jesus on a pogo stick. Mine boys were 6lb 6 oz and 6lb 13oz.

D

Dor of Sonoma

*huge smile*

What a wonderful, magical time.

Heartiest of congratulations to all of you!

A

arturo2

"I think the fact that there was no hockey last fall is a really good thing for the Canadian Population. Me, two of my friends 2 of my wifes aunts, and 3 people I used to work with at my last job, all pregnant and due between now and July 15."

wait, that would place conception in early Sept-mid Oct. Hockey doesn't start the reg season until at least the first week of oct usually. Hmmmm

You saying you Canadians love hockey so much even the start of training camp is a distraction? hehe :)

G

<blockquote><hr>

9lb 9oz, holy jumpin jesus on a pogo stick. Mine boys were 6lb 6 oz and 6lb 13oz.

[/ QUOTE ]

What my wife wouldn't have given for a nice manageable 7 lb baby! Jordan is big, even by our standards! Seems we just make big babies:

Baby #1 9lb 3oz
Baby #2 8lb 13oz
Baby #3 9lb 9oz

Imagine working a 9.9 baby out of you for 47 1/2 hours. I was there every minute, and still I find it incredible. I can push myself pretty far, but I don't know that I have the energy reserves, pain tolerance or willpower to endure that.

My wife, God bless her, wanted all natural childbirth. We don't like the impersonal nature of hospitals and I don't have the patience to deal kindly with the arrogance of doctors. I'd be more likely to get booted from the hospital for punching one out! hehe Birthing with midwives at a birthing center or at home, is our ideal. There are no sick people there, birth is a natural thing, its not like having a kidney stone removed!

The kids were there for the birth, along with two grandmas, and the midwives interfere only minimally, you work through it all yourselves. Thats how it should be. Everyone feels like they are an important part of the process of adding a member to the family. I did want the kids out at certain times so my wife could feel free to take off the brave face when she needed to, but I woke em up when I could tell she was at the last stages, so they were there on the bed with us when the baby was expelled. Its amazing to see this little scrunchy purple head waiting there, looking around as calm as anything, waiting for the next contraction to pop the rest of her out!

The first one was delivered at the hostpital, but the second was delivered at our birthing center. Its like being in your own house, we were that comfortable. In fact, Jacob was actually born in the same room we had Jordan in.

Going to go catch some more sleep while I can, I'll get a pic or two off the digicam a bit later and post it up.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes and congrats. See yall later!

S

Sloan

Congratulations Py....
I believe child birth is a very spiritual moment....it's really an amazing experience.
Give her lots of love and keep the shot gun handy when she becomes a teenager

G

that's great you had the option of a birth center, are options are limited since hubby is active duty but we had kayla at the best military hospital west of the Mississipi and I had such [sarcasm]a great O.B. I met her in the OR and never saw her again [/sarcasim] In all seriousness though, for military medicine we had great care and the delievery and post delievery wings were just re-done, so it was a very private (as private as you can get in a hospital) affair. I'm glad you were able to have a natural birth, I hope our next one will be closer to that, took me a good year to fully recover from ac-section.

Oh and Congrats Papa! I'm very happy for you and the Mrs. and your whole family!

G

Congrats to you and your wife Py!
And Welcome to the World Jordan.

G

Py,

I am so happy to hear that the prayers were answered, and that your baby girl made her entrance into the world safely, and that all of your family were able to be there.

<center>
</center>

As for 47-1/2 hours of labor...

I can imagine some future conversation between mother and daughter: "I spent 2 days of grueling labor to bring you into this world young lady, and...*insert remainder of motherly pwnage here*"

-Skylark

I

imported_Castor

Hey, i recommended to her to naturally speed things up by having her jump on a trampolean, but he did not want to listen.

K

Krishka_SP

<blockquote><hr>

You saying you Canadians love hockey so much even the start of training camp is a distraction? hehe :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Yes it is.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Congrats! So now the big question....having any more?

[/ QUOTE ]

*makes a "snip-snip" motion*

No way! Well I don't think so... but she will have no small ones to play with, the others are way older... though she will get alot of attention... hmm maybe "one" more? It would be nice to plan one for a change... who knows?

*hides this text from the wife*

Thank you all :)

D

Dor of Sonoma

Here is how it works:

An only child is a lonely child. You must provide all of the companionship.

Two children vie with each other constantly for a parent's undivided attention.

With three children, they divide into factions: 2 versus 1. The make-up of the factions is always revolving (different two versus different one), but generally ongoing.

Four children bring peace! You quite often end up with evenly-armed camps, and/or they are very handy at distracting and entertaining each other in between.

Five or more is just a downright boon. They become a team. *grins*

And herewith a helpful hint for disputes (which actually works): "You are the ones who have to live with each other. YOU work it out. I am not going to take sides." (Whoa...I just realized that that works for moderators too!) But really--quite effective with siblings as well. *winks*

W

wavace

Congrats on the new arrival Py...hopefully my wife and I wont have a 9 pounder plus like you guys have done. We are expecting our first in the last week of September. Be sure to get plenty of sleep... LOL just kidding, I know you wont hehe.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Congrats on the new arrival Py...hopefully my wife and I wont have a 9 pounder plus like you guys have done. We are expecting our first in the last week of September. Be sure to get plenty of sleep... LOL just kidding, I know you wont hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty much whooped, thats for sure. My two older kids are helping me out alot, but with the baby semi-permanently attached to my wife, I m doing all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc... on very little sleep, plus I decided that since she gets to bond all the time with breastfeeding, I am doing all the diapers and baths, and multiple outfit changes per day. Not sure why she needs a different sleeper if the other one isn't dirty, but I just do what I'm told eh?

Its ok for me to pancake a little here about being tired because she doesn't read this board :)

G

Growing up in a family with a total of four kids...I concur with that general principle of four bringing peace - observing friends in other situations, it does seem that one is lonely, two fosters excessive competition, and three creates running factions.

Four is great (for the kids at least). There is always someone to play with (rarely can one make all 3 totally mad at them), and it takes mom &amp; dad so long to think, and run through the names to yell at you, the odds of successfully implementing distration tactics, and making good your escape multiplies exponentially with each added kid in the group. Not that I ever was naughty and had to do that of course...purely theoretical you understand!

-Skylark

Q

Quentico

Congratulations on the new addition my old friend. :)

Quentico - Flame Guardian
The Seekers of Righteousness [TSR]

G

My husband and I know for a fact we had 3 kids. I know even better cuz I gave birth to em, and that was a set of twins our first born a girl AND a boy, and then we had.. baby girl 3 yrs later.

BUT whenever something got broken or..spilled grape koolaide on beige new carpeting and stuff kids do, it was at first ..the twins saying that the baby did it. Till I said ..she can not even walk yet so which one of YOU TWO knocked the bird cage over and broke my lamp ????

So a new child got mysteriously born, and the twins began it then the twins got baby girl to go in on it with them, when she was about 2yrs old.

WHO DID THAT I would exclaim and always our mystery child that did it. YESSSSSS we obviously had a 4th child we can never see nor find and his or her name is....
" NOT ME "

WHO DID THAT ? " NOT ME " the three of em chimed
Who forgot to turn off the tv set ??????????????? "NOT ME" they said.
Who ate all the cookies ?? "NOT ME".. the 3 all said.

I used to yell mostly for comic relief knowing they bsing me..and I would say, "OK "NOT ME " whenever I catch you you are in for the spanking of a life time !! " Then I would go pretend in front of the kids to go hunting down that mystery child, named, Not Me like I was gonna spank him or her ..IF EVER I could find ..NOT ME. haha ( but if nothing else VERY early on in life the kids learned ya do NOT bs and lie to momma she always KNOWS ya bsing her ) They learned early that ya best not try to CON ye momma eva !! Dont care what ya do wrong BE HONEST or momma be even ANGRIER ! *but yeh had to make it fun along the way too thus my endless hunts for that BRAT of a 4th mystery child we never had ..called ..........NOT ME ! GONNA SMACK that one hard one daym and give him or her time out for YEARS, whenever we find him or her. haha

We are still looking for this 4th mystery child that we swear we didn not have yet the kids all seem to feel we have him or her and he or she is named...

"NOT ME "

M

Mac on SP

Miranda, I think you "NOT ME" child has run away and come to my house. Would you PLEASE come get them. I am tired of all the things this BRAT does. I wouldn't mind so much if I at least got the tax break for having this little terror.

And speaking of tax breaks Dag, does Py get a full years deductions for his little one or is it only for the actual time she lived in the house?

Py: you may want to seek getting that "snip snip" done. After 47 1/2 hours to deliver a 9lb 9oz baby, she may take it upon herself to seek one that will make it so you truly feel the pain she went thru.

A

Asmodi_Mhul

<blockquote><hr>

*makes a "snip-snip" motion*

[/ QUOTE ]
Hah!! I need to do that but I still cringe at the thought of having things down ther tampered with like that. I've got 2 beautiful girls, I wanted a boy but not bad enough for a third try. 2 is a good numer

Whoever made the comment about the shotgun...hehe, mine are 2 years apart and I am NOT looking forward to when they're both teenagers

Gratz Py, daughters are a very beautiful thing and really good on a father's heart.
Pic? Good luck and hope they all stay healthy and don't give you too much stress.

M

Mac on SP

Asmodi, it's not as bad as you might think. I had it done a few years ago and it really didn't bother me much. Was a very simple and quick procedure. But I will give this one piece of advice. When the doctors says to abstain for a few weeks, listen to him. Just because everything seems to be totally healed and ok, IT ISN'T.

And I feel for you on the 2 girls. I've got 2 of my own and my 9 year old seems to already be starting to get those teenage hormones. I'm just hoping that God will be merciful on me and not have my wife go thru her change of life at the same time.

Ladies your welcome for the promotion of the male taking responsibility for birth control.

G

Miranda, I think you "NOT ME" child has run away and come to my house. Would you PLEASE come get them. I am tired of all the things this BRAT does. I wouldn't mind so much if I at least got the tax break for having this little terror.

NO NO you can keep NOT ME ~! haha That brat mysteriously left home approx. in 1992/95 and we not seen nor heard from that brat since.. AH PEACE, TRANQUILITY, no kids at home no mo' haha ( after several months of parental empty nest syndrome, we survived that and MOVED ON ) haha

Think it bad now...wait till the DO grow up, get adult problems making em cry. And after they first leave home and suddenly all you hear is the darn clocks ticking in your house, tick tock tick tock... like some quiet mausoleum GAH that was HORRID !

And yes thank you for mentioning the MALE responsibility in the joint playing with a loaded gun, to create more... rug rats ! HAHA

But the greatest deterrant is ....THE TWIN GENE ! YES that scares ..since I have that gene mega like twas me that got the snip snip ..my hubby was... a coward !! So I said GOOD YU HAVE TWINS again not me ..ima going snip snip after this 3rd baby ! haha

Only reason we had # 3 was I was sooooo hoping to know the JOY of experiencing JUST one kid at a time, after having twins for our first born. *luckily she was one not two * haha and THAT WAS IT FOR ME !

Birth weights were 7 pounds, 6 pounds 11oz for the twins, and 9 pounds 4oz for baby girl and NOT ME HAS LEFT the building with the class of 92 &amp; 95 hehe... so ye welcome to that brat NOT ME, Mac. haha

** looks towards Py** yessssss the day Yall menfolk expell something the size of a watermellon out of yall, is the day YOU can rest and not do the laundry and dishes and take a rest, till then takes at least 6 weeks to get over birthing ! HAHA

A

Asmodi_Mhul

Lol yeah I watched both mine come out and ummm it was interesting.
I was standin there wonderin if that thing was ever going to snap back into shape after baby came out

Lol, one of the guys at work swore his wife was getting a C-section so she wouldn't get all ummm....yeahh

G

Actually I think a c section is WORSE..all mine were natural thus yeh ya pretty well healed in 6 wks. A c section is like some fricken major surgical mess, even longer to heal the whole body then, no thanks haha !

And yeh don't keep tryin for a son ! While we had girl boy twins, then baby girl...this poor couple in our church sooo wanted a son to add to the joy of having daughters, and didnt mind if they had lots of kids anyhow............... well they QUIT after the fifth DAUGHTER and one too many frilly jeans or dresses to buy. hehe

And yes "he" has to LEAVE home all the time, they are all now 5 PMSing teenager daughters now all 5 of em. HAHA "shudders"