• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ossein Ram

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok i tamed a ossein ram and it naturally comes with necro skill and spirit speak skill
ive levelled it up to a 5 slot pet, i haven't added nothing to it other than what it came with,no other magic skills 0
except 120 powerscrolls for wrestling tactics parrying resist spells
BUT the necro and spirit speak wont move from what it started with 17,4
How do i get the necro and spirit speak to go up???

Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated x

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry. The Ossein Ram comes with these abilities:

upload_2017-6-4_16-44-9.png

These skills below are placeholder skills that allow the cheap addition of magic skills.

upload_2017-6-4_16-45-49.png

This does not mean it comes with Necromany. You can add it for 1 point.

Meditaion and focus will increase but Necro and SS will not. Because that pet does not have Necromancy as a skill.

You will have a scrolled up pet that has the skills in the first picture. Unless you added Necromany.

If you are done with training points, You have a 120M gold mediocre pet. :cool2:

But if you saved 1 point, you can add Necromancy.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Meditaion and focus will increase but Necro and SS will not. Because that pet does not have Necromancy as a skill.

You will have a scrolled up pet that has the skills in the first picture. Unless you added Necromany.

If you are done with training points, You have a 120M gold mediocre pet. :cool2:

That's really messed up, If I hadn't read this post I would just assume it has points in those skills so it has those skills. The trial and error learning curve for this pet training stuff sucks.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry. The Ossein Ram comes with these abilities:

View attachment 67701

These skills below are placeholder skills that allow the cheap addition of magic skills.

View attachment 67702

But if it would make OP feel any better, IMO, the Ram is a mediocre pet no matter what you do with it due to gimped mana regen. Adding necro to it only makes the problem worse.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's really messed up, If I hadn't read this post I would just assume it has points in those skills so it has those skills. The trial and error learning curve for this pet training stuff sucks.
Made the same assumption with the Dread Spider... wondered why it wouldn't gain necro

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There's so many players stuck in the 1990s here who'll just spout RTFM, that the devs might think they'll actually get away with this system full of undocumented features, it kind of annoys me.
And in the end, they'll really get away with it.

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats just ******** i spent tons on 120`s etc fully trained it etc, who would think to add necro when it is on there sitting looking at you pfft ... devs need to explain more

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There's so many players stuck in the 1990s here who'll just spout RTFM, that the devs might think they'll actually get away with this system full of undocumented features, it kind of annoys me.
And in the end, they'll really get away with it.
I dunno. That's part of the charm of UO, trying to figure out the quirks and undocumented features.

Sent from mTalk

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Part of the problem is really that it shouldn't be prohibitively expensive and then blam messed up your pet is set in stone and cannot be altered.

Kind of like ooopps I only wanted 15 points in necro so I can wear a jewel and bust off wraith form most of the time but I put 22 points in it on accident. Guess I need to delete myself and start over again. Aaahhhh.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats just ******** i spent tons on 120`s etc fully trained it etc, who would think to add necro when it is on there sitting looking at you pfft ... devs need to explain more
You have a 120M gold mediocre pet.
We need a redo and a way to get scrolls back. Even if the pet refreshes with middle value stats.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I just live with GM skills for pets. I can't afford more, and characters themselves aren't scrolled up yet.

Sent from mTalk

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Why "ossein ram" anyway?

"Ossein" is like the collagen or protein basis of bone after the bone has decayed. But why a ram? Is there an "Undead Ram" in mythology I'm missing?

Sent from mTalk

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here is a sneak peek of the new GD art.....because the old one was just to "old skool".....

upload_2017-6-6_22-40-44.png

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing that I love about the old phoenix is, that it is gone. Just look at that picture, you almost don't even see that bird...

A little bit less pink/magenta and more crimson and the new model is perfect.