• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ossein Ram Questions

xhodan

Visitor
Hey guys, do any of you have experience with Ossein Rams? These lil guys hit like a truck, I think battle stance is the cause of that.

I haven't trained mine up all the way yet so I don't know what kind of damage they can do with 120 wrest/tact. Anyway, Their base set of abilities is very enticing, however I would like to know what would happen if I tried adding necro, will I loose all the abilities it has, I find it weird that they come with necro and ss skills but don't actually cast any necro abilities. Moreover, I would also like to know if you can add an AoE ability like goo and still retain their base abilities.

!!EDIT!!
Also just wanted to add I think it cost like 500-700 (not sure which), points or something to add necro crazy high compared to other abilities it could have. Not leaving much left for HP, or STR. I know pets don't benefit from having high INT damage wise, but some say that it does help mana regen a bit. If I made him a caster, what would be a good balance stat wise?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Adding anything in the magic category will remove battle defense.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One thing I hated about the rams besides them being non-rideable is their color. That tiger stripe earth colored fur they have would beat any advanced digital camouflage. No joke, I have the hardest time finding this thing among enemies.

Timothy4464

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
looking for more information on what battle defense is. Is it a special ability, special move, or something to do with wrestling mastery? sorry I am having trouble finding information on it so I decided to ask.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is a Magic ability. Rams come with Battle Defense.

upload_2018-10-29_0-29-23.png

Battle Defense
Trains the creature in the disarm and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Heightened Senses & Shield Bash mastery abilities.

Many pet types can get Battle Defense but you have to have the Parry at 100 to get the choice. So many never see it as a choice when building.

It also gives Body Guard from Parry. Tell pet to guard you and damage is reduced. Pets damage also. Theres a thread where I used it on some pet and had a few greater dragons on the pet and it barely lost HP. But it is not an offensive ability. So the pet stays alive but does not kill stuff. I guess it is a pet hybrid ability.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just got done training my Ossein Ram to 120 Chiv. He has Chivalry+AI+Life Leech. All three synergize well to make for a high damage leech tank pet.