• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] original vs replica

Armed4Fun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
even tho they are making replicas wouldnt having a non tagged replica be better in a museum?' im sure they'll lose value cuz of desirability of those who buy rares to use for their stats but wouldnt a non tagged replica show better of a collection and even a history than a museum full of replica this n replica that? or is owning these items in a museum just useless now either way? thanks

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just my opinion, but I don't see the replicas replacing the originals in any way... they will be tagged as replicas, yes? and for many museum owners or collectors it's pretty much the history of the item and not the item itself.. the originals will have the history, and the replicas will not

will be nice for those of us that don't have the original of a wanted item.. can place the replica and a book detailing the history of the original, with maybe notes about a museum that does have the original on display

I really don't see the replicas as a bad thing for collectors... anything that sparks interest in preservation of the histories is fine by me

S

sapphirediablo11

Originals are going to be better, for that replicas can be stolen Woohoo! hehe and they have the replica tag, and duribility, which is a dead giveaway.. so Originals>1000Replicas IMHO

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think they will both serve the purpose they are suppose to.

the Originals will be in musums for people to admire.

The replicas will be affordable and usable by anyone for whatever they want.
So they know they are not spending 200 mill on a most likly duped Item. but 20 mill on a real item they can use and abuse and rebuy if they need it just like the crimmy or the crystaine ring

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe 20 mil at first, give it a few months and there will be hundreds of leiutenant guard sashes out there going for a mil per

Armed4Fun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just my opinion, but I don't see the replicas replacing the originals in any way... they will be tagged as replicas, yes? and for many museum owners or collectors it's pretty much the history of the item and not the item itself.. the originals will have the history, and the replicas will not

yea this is exactly what I was thinking and hoping others thought too. I don't really see a replica as a true rare but more of a vesper reward item. They'll be great to use, like a blackthorns kryss or a jester hat for suits n stuff . And like you said, n its great idea, that if you do put in a museum leave a book or such telling its history and shard and what time period it came from. (getting to be a more veteran collector this stuff becomes more n more interesting to me where this stuff came from) thanks for response :)

Dunarrack

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think originals would still be better. Its like a hand-signed CD vs a perfect xerox'ed version.

But for the practical users a replica is probably just as nice as the original one. I mean yea you cant use powder of fortification of them but they are probably all going to have 255/255 durability to start with. If you fix it with a legendary deed when it's down to last 5 to 10 points (100% repair chance), you actually get around 15000 points (or more I am not gonna go get my TI-86 for the exact number) before it has to be replaced. And by then I am sure there are probably hundreds of them in the market.

Armed4Fun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree originals still be better. theres 1 tho i'll put in my museum, ari, cuz ive always liked that item n its way outta my pay range. but i dont think people will frown too much on just 1 replica in my place. i hope not. but ill definetly wear a couple, like i bet most will wear the lt sash for its properties, the crown just so that big white top hat can come off my head(hat of magi),and any item like robe or cloak thats gives either cold/poison/energy will benefit me nicely.
so yea, im thinking all in all replicas will work out great. not hurt collectors cuz they arnt the real thing. it would of been better if this never happened but i think its gonna be great to slow the downward spiral most of us have been feeling here.