• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin store woes, Part 2 - The Resolution

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, it was not what I was expecting at all but worth sharing so y'all know why I was slapped with what was actually a ban.

After 5 days of canned 'EA Terms of Service Correspondence will follow shortly.' I get this:

Chargeback.jpg

Ok, I had no idea why but lets have a look anyway...

After a bit of investigation and looking at the detail of my Credit Card back statements it turns out my Credit Card provider had initiated a chargeback on my last Origin store purchase (for a forged metal tool months ago) in error. The purchase was re-charged the very same day thus showing a valid purchase from the store and nothing untoward on my master CC statement.

This got my account banned on the spot.

Happy to say I now have full access to everything again, however I see some glaring holes in the system:

• I got no notification by e-mail that my account was banned.
  • I could log into my EA master account but there was no indication of a ban on my account info page, I would expect one.
  • When attempting to log into the EA/Mythic portion I simply got Incorrect username/password. Why not tell me at this point my account is banned? Very misleading.
  • Even with the account being banned, subscription payments continued to take place. You either ban me or keep me as a valued customer, not both!
  • Pretty steep action for a recharge that was payed back the same day!
Anyway, happy ending for me I guess, but enough about my night time activities, I just hope my CC provider doesent make the same mistake again or I could be up THAT creek without a paddle. :eek:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I told you your EA account got banned.

Really, any feedback about your experience will most likely fall to deaf ears. Broadsword/UO dont have any control over EA or Origin.

Its also why your UO account was still accessible since technically you didn't get banned from UO, just EA/Origin. The side effect being since Account Management uses your EA account to login (As I told you) that you could not use your EA account credentials.

Glad it got fixed fast for you.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had that happen to me as well. Except it was a series of chargebacks when my credit card company went apecake on two months' worth of transactions and did chargebacks on everything because my card had been compromised and there were 2-3 fraudulent charges on it.

So not only did my EA account get banned, I got banned from the Nintendo eShop and had a fun FUN talk with PayPal about a disputed eBay payment and a few other lovely chats that involved threats of legal action due to "theft of services" (And no 'I didn't do it, my credit card company did it without asking me first' didn't work)

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I told you your EA account got banned.

Really, any feedback about your experience will most likely fall to deaf ears. Broadsword/UO dont have any control over EA or Origin.

Its also why your UO account was still accessible since technically you didn't get banned from UO, just EA/Origin. The side effect being since Account Management uses your EA account to login (As I told you) that you could not use your EA account credentials.

Glad it got fixed fast for you.
I am definitely more educated in the entire account hierarchy now.

If anything, it has highlighted to me what a complete clusterfluff it is.

The lack of notification/info really is unforgivable.

Anyhoo, onwards and upwards!