• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin store popup says You're about to buy extra content This content is only usable if you already

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I attempt to place a 1 month UO game time code in my cart.

You're about to buy extra content

This content is only usable if you already have the associated base game, which is no longer available for purchase on Origin. Please double check that you have the base game before you continue with this purchase.

Get It Now

So...no new player can ever try UO again?

Horrible web site part one...

I agree to proceed with the purchase of 'content' for a base game that is no longer available.

Couldn't this warning instead direct us how to get the base game rather than depressing us or scaring the pants off us before we buy the extra content?

Horrible.

I am then presented with a choice of 3 different of my credit cards, 2 long expired, that need "updating"...

Hrmm, didn't I do that last month? Seems I did but then again I never was able to purchase a game time code and had to pay for my sub directly with my card on Mythic account management page. Some kerfuffle with a sale...
Okay then let me update my current credit card.

Horrible website part two...

First, I might as well delete these two old expired cards...

Hrrm, where's the delete button...?

I am still looking for that. Something so simple nowhere to be found.

Obviously someone entirely unskilled built this website.

Ok at least I can update my current credit card, click click click click click click click click...words turn blue but there is no updating.

There is an open circle that the edges turn blue?

W

T

F

?

Who?

Who?

Who?

Origin?

Mythic?

Broadsword?

Whoever you are, you make every single other person in the gaming world look good.

At this point I don't think I am even interested in opening the mythic account management site and entering my credit card details, I feel like I've wasted enough of my time on UO for one night.

On a side note, the anniversary sovereigns giveaway should have been amount of sovereigns per year paid (12 month years) for each active account of any age.

Seriously it's pixels and a month of free play time for some at the worst.

It would have been a real true reward that every single current UO player could enjoy.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would terrify me. I do know that someone recently purchased a new account, but I hope that what you seen is not the case.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your'e problem is with EA not Broadsword or UO.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Origin.com

Bottom left Click the Arrow Next to your User Name should expand to a list
Click EA Account and Billing
Click Payment and Shipping
Next to your Credit cards should be these options (Modify) (Set as Primary) (Delete)