• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin store limits?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trying to buy items from the Origin store for awards at a contest tonight. I knew there had been a lot of discussion about only being able to get one item at a time, but is there also a limit on transactions per day? I got 6, and then it starts telling me it cant process my payment. And yes there is enough on the card to buy almost 100 of what I'm wanting :p

Anyone else have this problem?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trying to buy items from the Origin store for awards at a contest tonight. I knew there had been a lot of discussion about only being able to get one item at a time, but is there also a limit on transactions per day? I got 6, and then it starts telling me it cant process my payment. And yes there is enough on the card to buy almost 100 of what I'm wanting :p

Just a guess but that many transactions in a single day from the same online store may trigger a fraud alert from your financial institution. You might check with them to make sure they are not denying the transactions.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll give them a call then. Wouldn't be a problem either way if they would fix the store where ya could do it all in one puchase.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, anywhere else I go to do business, they work to make the transaction smooth, and act like they want my money. In my experience of today, I would say this is the only place I have ever been where I have to work to give my money away...Was my first try to buy multiples of anything, and also my last...I'm not going to put my payroll card in their system, and I wont go buy a second throwaway card just to satisfy their stupid business ways.

Thanks for the info!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uriah My son found on the web serch the way to buy multi items off the store... it seems its a whole ritual to get them but if you have to buy more then 1 item its the only way to go.
This way you only get charged once and you get all you want on one trip.

Darius Bloodbain

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Lady Storm, If you would not mind posting in depth how you went about this, I am sure it would
be a great help. I have wanted to buy multiples from the store on several occasions and would
sit there glaring at the check out cart asking myself why cant i make the 1's by the items a 2 or 3.

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not tried these last two months, but I have also experienced this limit/problem.

For me - the limit has been three transactions a day.

Each transaction can contain multiple different items
(for example - a legacy token, a undertaker staff, a upgrade code, a storage upgrade - all in one transaction),
but each individual item has been limited to a quantity of one per transaction (only one legacy token per transaction).

I have also had success in purchasing 10 of a particular item by contacting EA directly (albeit this was over a year ago, and was via web/email)

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a guess but that many transactions in a single day from the same online store may trigger a fraud alert from your financial institution. You might check with them to make sure they are not denying the transactions.
That's what they (EA support) suggested to me when I contacted them about the exact same issue as yours, Uriah.
I knew it wasn't the case, but went ahead and checked with my bank. They said they never deny payment on a Debit Card, which I already knew but wanted to tell that to EA. So I did.
Then they had the audacity to tell me (EA support) that transactions were being blocked BECAUSE I HAD MADE TOO MANY OF THEM.
Yes, it's the genius who coded their brilliant "Fraud Protection" online purchasing software - who decided that making a $10 purchase 3 times (this same genius decided against allowing multiple purchases of a $10 item all at once) in 24 hours simply MUST be fraud.
If brains were dynamite these morons couldn't blow their nose...

Last edited:

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the time I have been able to call my CC and have them lift the Fraud restrictions on EA Games, Inc.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have to state that the Origin is extremely bad designed.
It is awfully difficult to give your money to EA through it. And not being able to buy multiple of the same item at a single transaction is extremely annoying, specially when you don't live in the US.

I wish Broadsword manages to bring the money transactions inside the game so I never have to deal with that mess of a store any more.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Origin is designed to sell things other than pixel items for an MMO.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to play devil's advocate here a bit, I'm pretty sure there used to also be a limit on how many promotional codes you could order from the old gamecode site that you reached through the uo.com website, i.e., the official site we used before everything moved over to the origin.com site. I think the maximum amount you could order for any one item was 3 or maybe even just 2. If you wanted to purchase multiples beyond what the site allowed, you could log into the customer service system and leave a message with your UO account name, what you wanted to order and your credit card details. In a day or two, you would get an e-mail with all the codes in it.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK All I shall get my expert on this.. quagmire of a Origin Store bit to post the way to go about it.
Now IT does take patience... Ok let me get Yanaki2 on here and explain how you go about buying what you need in one credit card use.
Give me a sec... I haveto go poke the dragon to log in... wish me luck!

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last year I could by 3 GTC at one transaction one time - but later it went back to give you only one.
Really bad marketing ...

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine does this too.. If I do to many hits on the same spot it shuts my card down and cries till I verify it..

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah that's what happened. It wasnt the store that shut me down, in was the card. So, the problem still remains tho, how do ya buy something if you need 8 of them?

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah that's what happened. It wasnt the store that shut me down, in was the card. So, the problem still remains tho, how do ya buy something if you need 8 of them?
In all honesty the problem is STILL the store. If you could select up to 5, then you would have made 2 transactions and your CC company would have had no problem with it. Limiting one of an item per transaction is silly.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To buy from the Origin Store more then one item is :
Step 1.
Go to the ORigin Store. Find your item. (say a 1 month game time code)
Step 2.
Add to cart.
Step 3.
Log in your account at the Origin Store, once done. Check your order to cart. You will see that item added there.
Step 4.
Log out of the Origin Store.
Step 5.
Go to a different Web page.
Step 6.
Go back to the Origin Store.
Step 7.
Add another item to cart. (You loged out so its now treating you as a new person)
Step 8.
Verify its in cart as before.
Step 9.
Log in to your Origin Store account, Check your shopping cart. (You should now see an item of 2)
Step 10.
Log Out of the Origin Store account again, Wash , rince, repeat, Steps 1 - 10.
AS many times as needed there is not a limit and you get charged 1 purchase at the very end.
Yanaki2 has assured me its not hard at all and I know for a fact he has bought me 11 time codes last week! all on one order!!

HE says Good Luck and have fun.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sports and war...
Still all pixels.... Selling sports and war pixels is still selling pixels... And the horrid e-commerce programming of the store has extended itself way beyond UO. I've read the same complaints from people in other games about the inability to make purchases at the Origin store....

Just sayin.... ;)

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Step 1.
Step 2.
Add to cart.
Step 3.
Log in your account at the Origin Store, once done. Check your order to cart. You will see that item added there.
Step 4.
Step 5.
Step 6.
Step 7.
Add another item to cart. (You loged out so its now treating you as a new person)
Step 8.
Step 9.
Log in to your Origin Store account, Check your shopping cart. (You should now see an item of 2)
Step 10.
AS many times as needed there is not a limit and you get charged 1 purchase at the very end.
Yanaki2 has assured me its not hard at all and I know for a fact he has bought me 11 time codes last week! all on one order!!

HE says Good Luck and have fun.

Good info to have, I guess. Still sounds stupid as hell to run a business this way, but this is the way things go when corporations get so large they are no longer hungry and hunting for every penny.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Actually, most of what they sell are complete stand alone games that no individual would rarely ever buy more than one of. Yer not gonna buy in game items for Madden I think.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last time I had a issue with EA's Origin Store I got to talk to a very nice lady higher up in the food chain....
Seems this lady had no idea why they limited on their side the purchase limit ro 1 per.
She was helpfull in "whiting out my CC".
But couldnt sell me the number of items I needed.
Even she couldnt not get the cart to go higher then 1.
Son got on his comp and went digging.... hence the odd purchase "laundry list to do" to get what you need.
All I care about is it works.
EA has no idea how much money over the years they have lost out on with that stupid system they got.
I know from me its got to be over a few thousand...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I feel this is the truth, Lady Storm. Most of the EA folk have not like read or learned any thing of UO since the orientation video.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in the day when C++ first came out I wrote for a company a Pool Management Program with a built in stock sales insert.
It's not rocket science to list product, stock in house, selling price, and a add to cart.
Now I am not sure of the CC side of it these days.
But I bet there are many out there who could now write circles around the program Ea has.
Last few years EA has posted a loss in sales.... I bet I know where..........

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Kelmo is there a way to make that instruction a sticky? Just need the one screen...... this way no more trouble with the EA store question on how to get more.... Just saying....

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As an ecommerce professional, that work around makes me cringe. Even more so when you factor in the automatic generation of codes - which was a mess to itself for a long time. I'm sure it works, I'm glad there is a work around and I'm thankful Lady Storm shared it with us, but I'd certainly add a disclaimer of "use at your own risk" because if a person uses it and has issues I can already see what EA is going to say.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Step 1.
Step 2.
Add to cart.
Step 3.
Step 4.
Step 5.
Step 6.
Step 7.
Step 8.
Step 9.
Step 10.
Just tried it, and didn't work for me....