• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin Shard Board Consolidation

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
In order to centralize all posts regarding Origin, I am closing the trade and events sub-forums effective 6 Dec 2014. This should help draw attention to any Origin posts while reducing the number of unused boards within Stratics UO forums. Data from the Origin Trade and Origin Events forums (although seldom used in the past few years) will be searchable once our service is fully indexed. If you have any questions or want to discuss this way forward, please feel free to discuss below or send me a PM. Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you would have posted in the Origin Trade or Origin Events forums you may post it in here the Origin Forum. All of the same discussion in the sub forums can go here. The thought is to have a single board for the Shard rather than 3 forums. The two sub-forums haven't been used much in the past 2 years. I always felt Siege had a successful board with the trade right into the main shard forum. This is a test bed so see if the same forum construct might be successful on all of the other shard forums.

And as DJAd mentioned, you are also able to post in the more general trade forums if you are looking to trade outside the shard.

What do you think?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This means buy/sell threads will go in this forum and Origin's EM will post in this forum too?
Tina,

I re-read your post. The only sub-forums I am referencing are the Origin Trade and the Origin Events (which are children under this forum). I don't plan to do anything with the Origin EM Events Forum (http://community.stratics.com/forums/origin-em-forum.473/) unless the community wants to make a change. What do you think? I personally think a one-stop forum for all things Origin makes the most sense. We should centralize activity rather than disperse it. Until you mentioned the EM Forum, I admit I didn't event think about that one. Let me look at the content and its use.

-OBSIDIAN-

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Does anyone have a good method to contact EM Xanthus?

At first look, the EM Events forums looks part of a well established system with RSS Feeds providing the bulk of the content. It looks to me this is primarily the domain of the EM. I will attempt to speak with EM Xanthus about his thoughts. At the very least, I will look at a way to provide a simple link from the main Origin Shard Forum with the EM Origin Events forum if we're going to have both.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you would have posted in the Origin Trade or Origin Events forums you may post it in here the Origin Forum. All of the same discussion in the sub forums can go here. The thought is to have a single board for the Shard rather than 3 forums. The two sub-forums haven't been used much in the past 2 years. I always felt Siege had a successful board with the trade right into the main shard forum. This is a test bed so see if the same forum construct might be successful on all of the other shard forums.

And as DJAd mentioned, you are also able to post in the more general trade forums if you are looking to trade outside the shard.

What do you think?
I agree regarding the Siege forum. Would definitely like to give the same way of doing things a try with Origin as well. If there is a separate prefix available for the thread title that could be used to identify threads regarding EM events, I think it probably wouldn't hurt to put them in the Origin forum as well, instead of in a separate subforum. However, I think it would probably be a good idea if that is done to make sure there is a stickied thread at the top of the Origin forum with info about how to find the website for the Origin EM and the EM's contact information.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I agree regarding the Siege forum. Would definitely like to give the same way of doing things a try with Origin as well. If there is a separate prefix available for the thread title that could be used to identify threads regarding EM events, I think it probably wouldn't hurt to put them in the Origin forum as well, instead of in a separate subforum. However, I think it would probably be a good idea if that is done to make sure there is a stickied thread at the top of the Origin forum with info about how to find the website for the Origin EM and the EM's contact information.
Great ideas, Tina. Let me get with Nexus and see how I setup prefixes for use in the Origin forum.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, I can add prefixes. These are what I was thinking:

- Trade
- Event
- RP

I can add one for "General" shard discussion if you think it would be used. Anything else?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, I can add prefixes. These are what I was thinking:

- Trade
- Event
- RP

I can add one for "General" shard discussion if you think it would be used. Anything else?
PVP would probably be another good prefix.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Also with the new changes coming to Stratics, I will no longer be posting EM Event information directly to Origin Shard forums. They will go on UOStratics main page only. This will greatly reduce the amount of duplicate information being posted to more then one location.

With this change, we will need a way to access the EM Event information easier until the new site is live, once that happens things will be a lot easier to access. Until this happens I will make a general post directing people to http://uo2.stratics.com/ to find the news postings there.

Everyone should know the site to the EM blog page (the name hasn't been changed yet)

http://emfainemorgan.com/blog/

Xanthus has been very busy with school but I am working with him to make a monthly EM Event schedule.