• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin open space

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just xsharded my main character onto Origin. I have had a character here since the creation of Origin but have not played it much. Bored with where I was I decided to come here and explore the people and groups. I was really surprised to find so many spaces available to place a keep. I created 2 and found a third and have covered only a small section of Origin. All have been in fels and in one case I found a keep that the owner if desired could have a castle.
I am somewhat puzzled by this. Is there any reason for such a high number of large spaces available. I didn't notice a lot of IDOCs to relate to an exodus.

M

Michael Wolf

Just aren't that many of us here and property isn't a high value item on this shard so people don't place with the intent of reselling. I just picked up a castle for 30 mil, can't get anywhere near that on other shards. Also there are no grandfathered houses on Origin so every one requires an account, Origin isn't worth using an account to place property unless you actually plan to play here.

However, since you do plan to play here, Welcome to Origin! Enjoy your newly placed Keep but don't get too attached, you might find yourself moving into a Castle soon enough.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just xsharded my main character onto Origin. I have had a character here since the creation of Origin but have not played it much. Bored with where I was I decided to come here and explore the people and groups. I was really surprised to find so many spaces available to place a keep. I created 2 and found a third and have covered only a small section of Origin. All have been in fels and in one case I found a keep that the owner if desired could have a castle.
I am somewhat puzzled by this. Is there any reason for such a high number of large spaces available. I didn't notice a lot of IDOCs to relate to an exodus.
We are low populated small shard and we love it. There is a lot of open space here. welcome enjoy.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanx for the welcomes. I did see a castle for 30 mil near Brit. Amazing. I can remember back when castles sold for $1500.00 real dollars. Looks like this place is a keeper. If I can be of any assistance to anyone you can usually find me in and out of Luna. Same name "Yellow beard"

F

Frey Wavestrider

Welcome and if you need anything just ask and the brat and I will help

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just aren't that many of us here and property isn't a high value item on this shard so people don't place with the intent of reselling. I just picked up a castle for 30 mil, can't get anywhere near that on other shards. Also there are no grandfathered houses on Origin so every one requires an account, Origin isn't worth using an account to place property unless you actually plan to play here.

However, since you do plan to play here, Welcome to Origin! Enjoy your newly placed Keep but don't get too attached, you might find yourself moving into a Castle soon enough.
I don't get it. Are all the places you can place a castle gone. I am sure you could have found a place to place a castle for 825k instead of buying one for 30 mil.

M

Michael Wolf

I don't get it. Are all the places you can place a castle gone. I am sure you could have found a place to place a castle for 825k instead of buying one for 30 mil.
Well I'm a bit more lazy than that. I've looked around a few times but never found a spot bigger than a keep. So when I saw rune for for 30 mil I figured I'd buy it.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I'm a bit more lazy than that. I've looked around a few times but never found a spot bigger than a keep. So when I saw rune for for 30 mil I figured I'd buy it.
That would have completely broke me so I hope someday when i decide to get a castle, I hope I will stumble in to a deal or a spot big enough for a castle.