• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin Crashes and Reverts

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't typically mind them but today has been a bit costly 3 pet bond potions, 5 pets, 3 120 wrestle, tactics, anat, resisting bushi and parry scrolls have just gone POOF @Mesanna I don't mind spending my money with UO but these crashes at $15 bucks a pop not to mention the value of the scrolls put into the pets that go poof is going to get real old real fast. Annoying enough to lose the pets.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The price you pay for playing on Origin, it is after-all the Live test shard.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep, we've had a lot of crashes and reverts over the past few weeks...new publish in the works, lot of internal testing.....welcome to Origin :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not exactly new to Origin just never had stuff go poof like this. If it reverts sure you lose the pet if it was tamed during the revert time. IE the first crash the reptalon went poof and was just gone, the scrolls were in the scroll book, the pet bond potion back in the box. The next two the pets were weeks old, trained and scrolled up and just gone. The last one the mares were only a few hours old, potion bonded and it didn't revert at all. Logged back in same spot but minus both mares. And no they are not in the stable :) Could care less about losing the pets or even the scrolls beyond being mildly frustrating they are easily replaced. Pet bonding potions really are what annoys me because its like HAHAHA we got your money and you got nothing. Everytime the shard crashes I should not have to worry about losing stuff purchased from their store. It should be like the first crash of yesterday where it reverted and the stuff was never used. And saying this is just a part Origin doesn't cut it, same thing has happened on Atlantic and Legends crashes just not quite so much loss in such a short time.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where it gets real annoying is there were 3 other people on the boat with me and one didn't lose their pet, one lost one pet and I lost two in the last crash with no revert. Anyway not expecting or asking for a return or refund of the pet pots........ Losing stuff in general is a risk of doing business with EA/BS :) But hopefully letting them know what ever they are nerfing and testing with pets now is costing folks real money at least two of us anyway.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Where it gets real annoying is there were 3 other people on the boat with me and one didn't lose their pet, one lost one pet and I lost two in the last crash with no revert. Anyway not expecting or asking for a return or refund of the pet pots........ Losing stuff in general is a risk of doing business with EA/BS :) But hopefully letting them know what ever they are nerfing and testing with pets now is costing folks real money at least two of us anyway.
I'd try giving Messana an email.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been my experience that the problem has a much better chance of being seen here, than in email that I suspect gets *Check All* **Delete**

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
While I complain from time to time about @Mesanna I've always found her very helpful in resolving my in game issues. I had to poke her once or twice about one issue but she got to it. It was nothing pressing. She has always exceeded my expectations on game bugs and issues that have directly effected me that were out of the normal game bugs and issues ;)

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I don't know who helped me but I was able to email tech support from BroadSword on like a Friday night, and they were like on the spot fixing my issues. This was just a couple of weeks ago. I'd send an email and within moments they were all over it. Several emails in the correspondence. Explained my plight, they asked a few questions, I gave a little info, they gave me what I asked for, and I told them thankee.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This would fall under the "We do not replace stuff lost in game for any reason" part of the TOS :) Glad you all have wonderful experiences with their CS, that has not been my experience over the last 20 years past or present. Fortunately I don't seem to have the acct. management problems and the GMs Particularly GM River fix the few ingame problems I have had very quickly. But the EA/ORIGIN/BS CS past and present just leaves me hanging or really mad.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This would fall under the "We do not replace stuff lost in game for any reason" part of the TOS :) Glad you all have wonderful experiences with their CS, that has not been my experience over the last 20 years past or present. Fortunately I don't seem to have the acct. management problems and the GMs Particularly GM River fix the few ingame problems I have had very quickly. But the EA/ORIGIN/BS CS past and present just leaves me hanging or really mad.
Perhaps on the pet and scrolls but the bonding potion is a different matter. That should be reimbursed.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps on the pet and scrolls but the bonding potion is a different matter. That should be reimbursed.
I would just be happy if the pets that they were used on didn't just cease to exist. Looking at it without being quite so frustrated a crash with a revert I lost the pet but the scrolls and pot I used on the pet were in the book and box. The crashes without the revert is where stuff just went poof and yesterday was the first time any crashes origin made stuff go poof for me. I am cool with a crash and a revert and losing whatever was farmed up in the lost revert time. Not so cool with stuff I have had for weeks, months or years going poof in a crash with no revert LOL.