• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ore elemental busted my helmet?

B

Boogieman

Went mining with a gargoyle pickaxe and dug up a valorite elemental. Now, has these been beefed within the last couple of years? It did serious damage to me - way beyond what the numbers on the screen indicated?

An even weirder thing happened as well: At one point it must have one-hit busted my nice helmet - without any message about 'your equiment is seriously damaged!'. I checked my log even and nothing. Unfortunately I can't say if my helmet was in bad repair - it was worn for sure, but can't say how much.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

Valorite: The mother of all elementals. Has the special abilities of the Shadow Iron, Copper, Bronze and Verite elementals (yes, including equipment destruction), the best resists of all elementals(75/60/60/60/50) and the strength of the Agapite elemental, all rolled into one lethal package. Its damage is 25% physical, 25% fire, 25% cold, 25% energy. Hunt these only if you have an archer handy, or a melee type good at "jousting" (running through the target, then away to heal, if necessary). With the reflect combined with a hard hit and possible gas attack, I recommend that you do NOT use damage-increasing special moves (concussion blow, double strike, etc.) on one, as you could well kill yourself. It's funny when you kill a monster with reflect physical damage from its last attack - it's not so funny when you're on the receiving end of such a death.

Allf ound here in The hard work of Basras FAQ

And yes, this means.. one hit of them can make your equipp going *poof* .

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, and it was recently clarified that despite some devs thinking the ability had been removed years ago, the Verite and Valorite Elementals have the ability to BREAK any item with durability that is not insured or blessed, randomly (happens fairly randomly and irregularly).

What was originally proposed as a removal of the ability morphed into the exception for blessed & insured items (to keep people from losing the PBD, for example), but that it occurred is only apparent by close examination of the publish notes of the last 6 years.

T

Tycolby

No need to joust or run and hit with reg Vals. A good HP regen suit and a low hitting weapon is all you need. Try to hit it for about 20 points a swing which will reflect 10 back on you. With the HP regen it will give you time to cast a heal spell (close Wounds is best i found). I got 128 HP on my miner and I rarley get down lower than 80hp with two heals. Now Para Vals is a whole different story. Sampire Archer is best with Horselord.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, I used to do them with 112 HP and my only healing being close wounds. Since then, I've gotten a little better equipment (skill jewelry & Trades glasses), so with about 120 HP, GM parry and 81 healing, I can usually kill a normal one without using a bandage (but start one just to be safe), using a Blackthorne's Kryss elemental slayer that Tycolby got me for a birthday present (though any life leeching elemental or earth elemental slayer will do)