• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Orc Masks

G

I'm trying to find out what the difference is in an "Orc Mask" and " A Mask of Orcish Kin." Any help would be appreciated.

G

Maltz, if you check the "Weapons, Armor and Items with Special Abilities" section on UOStratics, it doesn't look like there's any difference. They refer to both of them as one in the same.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm trying to find out what the difference is in an "Orc Mask" and " A Mask of Orcish Kin." Any help would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Orc Mask is a light brownish mask with no special abilities.

Mask of Orcish kin is a green orc mask that offers protection from orcs when you wear it as long as you are not agressing them.

G

And if you do attack one while wearing it, the mask explodes and hurts you a fair bit.

T

TheGwy

Orc Masks just makes you " look " like an orc, or more or less makes you look silly :p

A Mask of Orcish Kin makes you look like the green goblin and orcs dont attack you when you wear it, as long as you dont become hostile towards them, them you go BOOM ....

I

imported_Cysphruo

i havent worn one in a long time, but doesnt the orcish kin mask also lock your karma or make you loose karma or something to that extent?

S

Sabbath

<blockquote><hr>

i havent worn one in a long time, but doesnt the orcish kin mask also lock your karma or make you loose karma or something to that extent?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you lose karma each time you put on the mask of Orcish Kin.

By the way, having my head blown clean off my shoulders was one of the funniest and most 'shocking' events I ever experienced in UO. LOL

C

Cat Crimson

Also, the normal light brown Orc Masks can be found as loot with most of the normal range magical properties you can find in monster loot headgear.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Basically... one gives you the look... and wont work. The other will give you the looks and the smell of an orc... har har!

Have fun!!!

(pardon the jest!)