• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ORB is now officially disbanded

G

It is with a sad heart that today 2nd February 2008 10 years after its inception that the doors close on the mightiest Guild ever to walk the lands of UO Oceania even though some may disagree the facts stand and from all of us left over the past few years as Keepers of the stone we wish you all prosperity and enjoyment in you future with UO.
As a few of you know we are still active in a big way in other games and another UO.

G

Eh, that's sad... nobody to carry on the guild? Are you the last OrBie?

I

imported_BladeBard

What will thy do now sire?
will you be still playing.....
OrB has such a long history in UO... possibly the most influentual guild in the game in its history.
(for those who disagree,,, you must be too NooB to remember)
and what will happen to our greatest fisherman BIG KEV.

and were will wixe play now....

FARSCAPE, I gather you have reasons for this, and after so many years of playing I would not try sway your decision,
I hope we all get to see you in game..

Personaly your attitude to this game has won my respect and you will always be
THE ONLY NON-NOOB IN OCEANIA.

G

<blockquote><hr>

possibly the most influentual guild in the game in its history.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a huge over-exaggeration if I've ever heard one.

Their are, many, many more guilds on different shards that have impacted the game more than Orb... probably more influential guilds on Oceania too.

G

*bows before Farscape with great respect and admiration*

It is truly sad to see this historical guild ORB close on our shard, I wish there was some way we could have helped you rebuild or perhaps found someone to carry on the torch of ORB if you could no longer.

I am not sure of your reasons for this but assume them to be great as I know what it would mean to me to have to close the doors on the pirates of cove and it is not just something I could do without alot of thought and heart ache.

I wish you and your fellow ORB well and hope you all find happiness in where ever your adventures take you next.

G

Hmm, Farscape, sad news indeed.
I suppose, as has been said by many people over the ages that "All things must pass", then shall ORB pass into history.

My time within the ranks of ORB will ever remain as some of the most enjoyable and memorable days and nights spent in our world and the members some of the finest people.
Far too many memories to recant here, but Tarkus will always be saddened in the knowledge that ORB is no more in Britannia and will feel honored and proud to have been counted among their number.

The legend that is ORB will live on.

C

Cymoril

That is very sad... even though the guild was a shadow of its former self, it was still always good to see a guild that had such a long and memorable history on this shard. I wasn't here back when OrB was really big, but in honour of the occasion, here are some old screenshots I found in the Oceania News archives...

November 2002

Oct 2003

Oct 2003

Oct 2003

F

five oclock

Amazing pics indeed.

Its a sad day to see another one leave...but the memories and the good times will last for us forever...

G

<blockquote><hr>

is that VKR in the first pic in the blue/white?

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw Moonbeam in one shot too so it could be TBD or it could be TBD and VKR in the days they where allied.

G

<blockquote><hr>

is that VKR in the first pic in the blue/white?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

I remember VKR being pretty impressive to me back then, and especially as a relative newbie, seeing them in numbers and in uniform they always looked like a force to be reckoned with. It's sad we don't see that kind of display anymore.

M

-Majestic-

<blockquote><hr>

I remember VKR being pretty impressive to me back then, and especially as a relative newbie, seeing them in numbers and in uniform they always looked like a force to be reckoned with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, apart from the PvP guilds I always held high respect and admiration for VKR and CB as all their members had a certain dress code and it was generally hard to try and join either, such were the days.

I

imported_BladeBard

Yes Pet, but I canny think of any that have had a guild of hundreds, and in some cases thousands of members on EVERY shard, not just Oceania, or 1 shard.

Over 6 years ago I started, and OrB was sooo big then, they had 2 guilds.
OrB and OrB SG. there shaddow guild for new recruits to spend there 1st 3 months.
The shaddow guild had hundreds in it alone.

SO ON THE EVE OF THERE DEPARTING AFTER A 10+ YEAR ASSOCIATION WITH US.
I BID AN HONARABLE GUILD,, FAREWELL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes Pet, but I canny think of any that have had a guild of hundreds, and in some cases thousands of members on EVERY shard, not just Oceania, or 1 shard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? They never had over 400 people ever, not even close.

Mungo of Minoc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To Clarify, ORB is not disbanded, just all its members who are not Big Kev, Farscape, or Kevyn accounts, have been kicked out. The few of us intrepid ORB'ies left woke up yesterday abandoned without so much as a word of consultation or farewell. Feeling a bit miffed we gathered to discuss. We decided that if our great mate and guild leader wanted to take his bat and ball and bugger off to some no-name shard in nowheresville, as a result of some rolling senior moment ..fine. But why should we lose our guild. We tried to reform it ....nah, name reserved. In truth Jasen if he still plays would be the next logical leader, other than that, Lady Fenzip stuck with the guild through thick and thin, and would have been most happy to take it on.
Never mind with the ORB name still reserved it seems, we survivors gave the leadership to our last ORB recruit who with his perverse sense of humour now calls us BOF (Boring old F**ts). So any other abandoned ORBie sees a BOF member cruising past...its really an ORBie. You have to be either over 50 or cute to join, and have serious life issues.
Despite us all being a bit miffed you will never hear any of us utter a harsh word about our Big Kev. Courageous, knowlegable and always generous, great fun to adventure with and never let the truth spoil a good story. We will miss him. Whenever I felt down I could go over and roll in his money, always made me feel better. All the best to my longest UO mate

Mungo of Minoc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Offhand comments aside old friend
You got me worried too
Dont you dare go to any freeshard or anywhere, Easter or anytime
without seeing your old guildmate first

G

Just to clarify this
ORB was the last stand by Kevyn and as said once he moved on the guild of keepers would disband and pass into the history of UO now this has happened and there will always be a memory but selling the account does NOT included the Guild this had to be laid to rest prior to the sale and I was honoring my word to Sir Ram, Boric and Bowen that Kevyn would be the end of the line the ORB name can not be re used nor can 0RB these have passed on with time.
A message was sent out to all parties in regard to the disbanding of the guild at the time sorry if you missed it I'm sure you can make another guild with the amount of people you have
I will still be ingame with one account but this also may be sold come easter The offers given to me for these accounts were far better than I could have dreamed of and no I did not move to another UO the shard has been a long time site for ORB where we all go to pass on.
FYI the accounts were sold to Australians not USA so if you do encounter those char in game say hello make them feel welcome
Take care all It was a great ride while it lasted

G

<blockquote><hr>

Offhand comments aside old friend
You got me worried too
Dont you dare go to any freeshard or anywhere, Easter or anytime
without seeing your old guildmate first

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes in life you have to make a decission it took me a month to agree to sell my last two accounts as you know selling 2 bill of gold to start gave me a huge advantage over all others and feel now that my time is done for all the goals I set have been achieved in full
Next adventure will not be online it will involve a lot of travel I,m not getting any younger.
Now take care keep Minoc safe from the crazys

I

imported_barjunkie

Good luck with your travels mate even tho i no longer play UO id like to say im sure OrB will be missed greatly you guys were some of the most honest people ive met ingame.

on a more personal note id like to thank OrB for giving me the motivation to get my 1st castle ( i used to drool every time i went near an OrB house)

G

<blockquote><hr>

on a more personal note id like to thank OrB for giving me the motivation to get my 1st castle ( i used to drool every time i went near an OrB house)

[/ QUOTE ]

It was an impressive site (or is, will it remain standing?), I can remember when I first started the game and Lionheart was the guild leader of TBD and he had a home near the OrB guild house (castle) and it was just decked out so well, a show of strength really. It is a shame to see a guild that has been around for so long fold.

G

The two castles on Dagger island will still stand but are now owned by others
Kevyn's castle will still hold a few ORB items on its roof the new owner is happy to do that as a mark of respect

The new owner of Ice Mall is Undertaker hes an old vet returned please make him welcome