• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Options not saving

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My husband is playing on a new computer running Windows 8.

It doesn't matter whether he logs in as administrator directly into UO or if he logs in through UO Assist.

The intro movie starts up every time he loads the game. When UO loads, it doesn't save the last account name or the last shard he logged into (He has to type it in and select every time). This doesn't happen on my computer running Windows 7. I can't tell you how many times he logs into the wrong shard.

Also, each time UO is closed and reloaded none of the options save. Each time he has to reset the game size window, turn off the music, disable the targeting system, etc., etc.

Its as if he is logging in for the very first time every time the game loads. While I realize this isn't a game stopper, it is annoying.

Is there some magic box I need to check somewhere to get the game to save?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!!!