• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Optimal Pets for Shadowguard

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Hi All,

I've been reading through the tons of posts on this and I wanted to see if any opinions have changed on best pet for each part of shadowguard.

I'm updating my stables and this is how i'm gearing up:

Bar: Naja with poison breath and FWW (also hear dimetrisaur, not sure which is better)
Orchard: anything that eats fruit
Belfry: 100% cold dmg plat/crimson drake w/ chiv/ai (also cold drake or frost dragon)
Fountain: Cu sidhe (or doesnt really matter because the elementals are weak)
Armory: no clear leader
Roof: beetles (fire or giant), have also heard that rune beetles can work very well

have also heard a triton can do all of it.

very interested in everyone's opinions.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
It's been a while since I've run Shadowguard, but if I recall correctly cold resist is quite low with some of the roof bosses. I really love a frost mite for Shadowguard; if only I could ride it for Belfry. Frost mites are beastly; very underrated in my opinion.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bar: Both work. My guildmate also uses a fire beetle with rune corruption and goo iirc
Orchard: Yep
Belfry: Those all work. A pre-patch White Wyrm would do best, but the drakes work just fine
Fountain: Whatever works. I typcially ride my pet and kill with casting
Armory: My guild does best with fire damage pets; Fire beetles, fire steeds, crimson drake
Roof: At least one beetle for rune corruption. We take different pets that hit different resists so Anon is a little easier

I think any pet can do all of it really. But some just do it better.

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
Armory, you want an area damage pet with ai. Makes it faster. Same with fountain. I've found bushido pet with real whirlwind effective.
For roof, small group or large. Larger groups, rune corruption. Is a huge help. Smaller group, I prefer a tanky cu. anon is tricky with just one pet, have to pull it off when his ele type matches anon's ele form.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bar: FWW+PB Najasaurus. Run Consume Damage on it and vet heal. If you have a 4x120 Bard with you as well, they can run the Peace Mastery, and the Naja will take very little damage at all, even with FWW+PB ticking on a screen full of pirates with 10 people in the room.
Orchard: Cu Sidhe or any other Herbivore.
Fountain: FWW+PB Najasaurus. He can massacre the Water Eles near him in a single FWW at 120 Ninjitsu.
Armory: FWW+PB Najasaurus or Chiv+AI Triton with Consume Damage running.
Belfry: 100% Cold Platinum/Crimson Drake or Frost Drake (Krampus) with 120 Chiv+AI. Run Consume Damage on it so you won't even have to heal it.
Roof: RC+AP Frost Mite if you're in a group. The Frost Mite does 100% Cold Damage, which Virtuebane is weakest against. 120 Chiv+AI Triton works great as well if someone else brings the RC.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My disco cu without AI works pretty good in the Bar as well, though I still have to consume or vet to keep it alive. But, the bar goes pretty fast with it.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
For me, the bar is the toughest fight to keep my pet alive. I usually take a frost mite, and those drunken pirates pack a punch.