• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Optimal Archer build for this event?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Dragon slayer (or reptile ) Yumi or composite , or repeating crossbow , with hit area , Fey talisman from event .
Enough stamina and SSI to shoot fast ,
As much luck as you can stuff in your toon.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've been running a necro archer with a reptile talisman and a fey slayer composite bow. I can chain cast armor ignore and leech enough mana back in wraith form to not run out. I run healing as well to help keep me alive. It's been working super well so far.

mihali

Sage
I've been running a necro archer with a reptile talisman and a fey slayer composite bow. I can chain cast armor ignore and leech enough mana back in wraith form to not run out. I run healing as well to help keep me alive. It's been working super well so far.
Sounds interesting. Have not played archer since very long ago, and play mostly Sampire Swords. I would like to try archery once more for old days sake plus this event. Can you post your Template.
Also do archers benefit from Parry? Or should I stone it and put SS in its place? I use Bushido mastery III, for the confidence heals etc.
Ty in advance.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just a straight pally archer
Chiv
Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Resisting spells

mihali

Sage
So no parry for archers? What about Bushido?
I used to live in Doom for weeks in Doom umteen years ago and get good results there, but I gather things have changed for archers?
Can archers use Bushido Parry cast using their bow anymore?

TrackStar

Journeyman
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you are just sitting in the archer piles with slayer talisman and composite bow in wraith form spamming AI it's probably pretty efficient to just go

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
120 Necro
120 Spirit Speak

Because you'll rarely be hit by anything so you don't need much healing and you already get maximum damage between the slayers, anatomy, etc.

Or does that not hit damage cap with gear?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Why all of you think you need to spam AI ? Sitting in the pile means you need to hit as many mobs as possible. Not hit them hardest.
With DBL slayer all Fey die in 1-2 hits.

My build
Throwing 120
Tactics 105
Anatomy 100
Spell weaving 120
Necro 40 (for curse weapon. I carry 200-300 pig iron on me )
Spirit speak 120
Resist spells 115
Fire soul glaive with hit lightning , hit area and Dragon slayer (I grabbed what I had in my weapon pile) Fey slayer tali also equipped.

O usually roam on 3Rd level .

TrackStar

Journeyman
Is it even possible to get 1.25 attack speed with a composite bow?

From what I am seeing you would need 45 SSI and 240 dex.

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
What items do you need for that much ssi?
If I'm using a composite bow:

30 SSI on the bow
10 on the Lord Morphius Epaulettes
5 on the Serpent Skin Quiver (get this from the current event asap!)
5 on my ring
10 on my bracelet

and I can take another 5 from the SSI town loyalty bonus.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Just saying but might be completely bs but I've been running simple luck (1500) on thrower with usually 4 plus in a pile and I seem to always get more drops then the rest easy. Anyone else feeling it?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have been using two thrower builds for the event, to various degrees of success. Basically just running a simply macro in EC for target nearest and using AI from Soul Glaive. Builds are here:

ABC Thrower:
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
105 Anatomy (120 with Bracelet)
100 Chivalry
115 Resist Spells
090 Bushido (105 with Bracelet)
070 Healing

Mystic Thrower:
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
120 Anatomy
120 Chivalry

I go into more detail on these builds in the post here:
[Throwing] - THROWING TEMPLATE HELP NEEDED | Stratics Community Forums

TrackStar

Journeyman
I have been using two thrower builds for the event, to various degrees of success. Basically just running a simply macro in EC for target nearest and using AI from Soul Glaive. Builds are here:

ABC Thrower:
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
105 Anatomy (120 with Bracelet)
100 Chivalry
115 Resist Spells
090 Bushido (105 with Bracelet)
070 Healing

Mystic Thrower:
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
120 Anatomy
120 Chivalry

I go into more detail on these builds in the post here:
[Throwing] - THROWING TEMPLATE HELP NEEDED | Stratics Community Forums
How many drops an hour are you averaging?

TrackStar

Journeyman
Just saying but might be completely bs but I've been running simple luck (1500) on thrower with usually 4 plus in a pile and I seem to always get more drops then the rest easy. Anyone else feeling it?

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
About 20-40(20 minimum 40 max) so avg 30. it varies alot it seems. Sometimes I will get 3 drops in a minute. Other times nothing for 5 mins. Think there has to be enough in pile to stay alive but still let ya get some hits in. Think when just 4 others and me xhealing I do the best and don't die. There was like 10ppl other day and it seemed to slow me down.

TrackStar

Journeyman
About 20-40(20 minimum 40 max) so avg 30. it varies alot it seems. Sometimes I will get 3 drops in a minute. Other times nothing for 5 mins. Think there has to be enough in pile to stay alive but still let ya get some hits in. Think when just 4 others and me xhealing I do the best and don't die. There was like 10ppl other day and it seemed to slow me down.
Wow. Do you use a portion of fortune?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
40 necro
80 ss (if u use HH +20 archery, get ss to 100 for more mana drain)
120 archery
100 tact ++
100 ana
100 chiv
080 bush
040 ninja
040 mace
020 sword

use chiv/ss/curse weapon for healing.

be in wrath form, mass spam hit lightning area.

45 hci, 5 ssi, 100 di. (on suit, or grab the +5% ssi town bonus)
u can use HH, to keep cost down.

get 2 magical short bows, one with FEY slayer, the other reptile slayer.
DI, hit mana, hit lower defense, hit area, hit velocity.

181++ stam around 100 hp, rest in int/mana

Cheap ass template anyone can afford, low on cash use VvV items they pwn.

if you're super low on cash, collect eggs, turn 10 in at destard and sell the ingots,
on atl they sell for 1-1.2m.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
40 necro
120 archery
100 tact ++
100 ana
100 chiv
080 bush
040 ninja
040 mace
020 sword

if you're super low on cash, collect eggs, turn 10 in at destard and sell the ingots,
You only need 20 necro to maintain wraith form and the mana leech (to my knowledge) is completely reliant on SS so I'd probably drop that necro to 20 and use those points in SS. Additionally if you are using a human char, you don't need any necro (20 JOAT will maintain - use +necro items to get into the form).

I'm assuming the rest of the build is based on getting scrolls for tact/anatomy being expensive so they aren't 120 (to max damage).

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You only need 20 necro to maintain wraith form and the mana leech (to my knowledge) is completely reliant on SS so I'd probably drop that necro to 20 and use those points in SS. Additionally if you are using a human char, you don't need any necro (20 JOAT will maintain - use +necro items to get into the form).

I'm assuming the rest of the build is based on getting scrolls for tact/anatomy being expensive so they aren't 120 (to max damage).
I think your right about the necro, as i recall you need 40 to cast it, and should be able to maintain it with JOAT.
The reasoning for not maxing out ana/tact is to show the basic template, and yes with the right gear +10 tact talisman, juwels (+30 skill), quiver +5 archery, HH it is possible to reach 120 ana / 120 tact and even 120 in chiv.

gwen

Slightly Crazed

You need 40 necro to 100% cast curse weapon. With 20 necro it is only 50%chance.

mihali

Sage
I think your right about the necro, as i recall you need 40 to cast it, and should be able to maintain it with JOAT.
The reasoning for not maxing out ana/tact is to show the basic template, and yes with the right gear +10 tact talisman, juwels (+30 skill), quiver +5 archery, HH it is possible to reach 120 ana / 120 tact and even 120 in chiv.
What is HH? Thancs.

TrackStar

Journeyman
What server are you playing on and what time of day are you playing? Where in Destard are you working?

I just ran my very well geared fully skilled archer for an hour and 20 minutes and only got 11 drops on Atlantic.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
What server are you playing on and what time of day are you playing? Where in Destard are you working?

I just ran my very well geared fully skilled archer for an hour and 20 minutes and only got 11 drops on Atlantic.
On ATL it is very different. My ping is bad. So some times I get nothing. only my reaper is occasionally hitting some stuff. Then somebody will come get obsidian wyrms, wipe them bots away and I will have drops. Until there are no people and para obsidian will own level 3 .
Also sometimes it is good on South room in lvl 3 , but depends how many people are there. I believe folks with better ping are getting more drops then me. my best results is 10-15 per hour. Usually less. Also luck matters more then SSI or DI .

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED

11 is probably great on ATL I don't play it there I have plenty of gold there so can buy if need be so I work mainly off shard where I can't buy. Atm working Napa not sure if I will do anymore shards though most my friends play Napa or ATL so not much point to get them for me on other shards. Play evenings 9pm est to 12 usually. take up spot on first level right before it goes down to second lvl. I run just about 1300 luck on thrower with the fay tali and a reptile wep. 120 throwing Anat tact resist chiv and healing. Usually do it with my friends we get 5 it seems to be best we just xheal and we almost never die. Depends if shadow paras are spawning they can get get good combo off but seems like they take days off.

mihali

Sage
40 necro
120 archery
100 tact ++
100 ana
100 chiv
080 bush
040 ninja
040 mace
020 sword

How do you Hit Lightning Area?
Ty again.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I run the following build for my event archer. I run 50 ssi on my suit and no ssi on my bow. I could get +skill on my jewelry but I didn't spend the gold for that.

120 Archery
120 Tactics
115 Anatomy (120 with quiver)
100 Healing
95 Chivalry
80 Bushido
40 Necro
50 Spirit Speak

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How do you Hit Lightning Area?
I assume he is talking about the primary ability on magical shortbows which is lightning arrow. It will hit the target and two random targets near what you are shooting at. It overrides the slayer damage though which wouldn't be great if you are targeting a paragon. But if you are in a pile of people like on Atl then doing more area damage might be better.

mihali

Sage
What about using Composite Bow with HML, DI, Dragon slayer using the Fey Tali, and maybe HLD and using the multi-arrow Archery Mastery (Fiery Arrow or something)? Composites hit hard and primary ability is Armor ignore.
What you think?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about using Composite Bow with HML, DI, Dragon slayer using the Fey Tali, and maybe HLD and using the multi-arrow Archery Mastery (Fiery Arrow or something)? Composites hit hard and primary ability is Armor ignore.
What you think?
It's not really about hitting hard, it's more about consistent getting hit some kind of area effect, hit cold area for example has a chance to proc, but also a chance to fail, however you never fail a lightning arrow if you hit your target, where as if u use AI, AI might proc, but you can fail the hit cold area for example.

hope it makes sense, its getting late..lol

mihali

Sage
It's not really about hitting hard, it's more about consistent getting hit some kind of area effect, hit cold area for example has a chance to proc, but also a chance to fail, however you never fail a lightning arrow if you hit your target, where as if u use AI, AI might proc, but you can fail the hit cold area for example.

Nice info! Greatly appreciated. Tyvm.:)

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

On less populated shards hitting hard is important for killing paragons. We don't have a pile like on Atlantic most of the time so it's important to kill stuff as quick as possible.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On less populated shards hitting hard is important for killing paragons. We don't have a pile like on Atlantic most of the time so it's important to kill stuff as quick as possible.
I gave up on atl, i do the destard thing on EU, no idea how more or less populated that shard is.
I use 120 archery, 100 tact, 100 chiv, 080 bush, 100 resist,120 tame, 120 lore and i get plenty of drops, only slayer i use is the fey slayer talisman.
Before that i used a wrath archer, and got around the same numbers of drops, we are usually 6++ players, up to maybe 20?
won't call that big compared to atl for example.

EDIT: using a magical short bow on both templates. (technically its the same char, hurrah for soulstones he he)

kze

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am sorry i am typing this at this topic, but could anyone share a template and tactics that can deal with paragons at this event? the spawn changed

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i am sorry i am typing this at this topic, but could anyone share a template and tactics that can deal with paragons at this event? the spawn changed
I've tried two different builds. I started out with a necro archer in wraith form to leech mana. Wraith form sucks when trying to run from a paragon because it's so slow. Was great for when there is a pile of people and you don't have agro. But for soloing I now run archery, tactics, chivalry, anat, healing, and bushido for the extra lmc and backup healing with confidence. I carry a trapped box to get out of paralyze since I don't run resist spells.

mihali

Sage
Same as Cork, except no healing, instead use magic resist 100. Use sampire, Bushido mastery for the fast healing, and HML from non-para creatures, and hit and run hit and run, but hit hard. Things I cannot solo are Para GDS, Para AWs, para Shadow Wyrms, and para Winged angel like creatures. So I run away from them. I kept DCI the same at 40 or so, so I can possibly survive briefly when cornered by many mobs. Use enhance confidence for heals on the fly (mastery III), use evade for the 60 hp damage breaths and constantly leach mana and life from non-paras. Healing is stoned, and for me there is no time to heal in there, just run! Also not trapped box since would need many trapped boxes for each time I die in there. No room in small housie, and would lose the box in the places I die in there. Still die a lot, but learning the archery trade and like it for this event so far. Not the best temp, but works for me. Sad that luck from the statuette lasts only ONE HOUR! But even without luck still get pretty good fights and some drops. It is NOT an afk affair, and it is intense, but that is how I enjoy it. A little challenge never hurt anyone. (OOooooooo yeah right!;)).
Not really sure what temp would kill para AW, GD, SW, and Flying Winged Angel like creatue SOLO. Maybe tamer? No idea.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a straight pally archer
Chiv
Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Resisting spells
This is what I'm using. Dragon composite bow, new fey tali. I only cast EoO for paragon crimson drakes. It's the only mob it makes a real difference on, given the slayers I'm using.

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer
Not really sure what temp would kill para AW, GD, SW, and Flying Winged Angel like creatue SOLO. Maybe tamer? No idea.
On less populated shards, I'm running a dexer with a lot of +skill gear totaling in a template that looks like 120 anatomy, bushido, parrying, swords, tact along with 100 healing and resist. (About to adjust my suit to be able to add another +20 skill) ... Using Daishos for Feint I can solo the Lattice Seekers and other fey paras. The higher level dragon paras are another story. I've solo'd only one sw para but got pretty lucky on that and took a lot of time... Used the ramps to heal, spirituality shield, and feint.

On Atlantic, I'm running a very similar archer to a lot of the templates above. There's usually a decent enough crowd to help gang up on the paras.