• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Opinions please: 16 mana or 18 damage eater?

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm finishing up a suit for a swords melee tank build with the planned use of pve grinds.

Doing it on the cheap so I'll be imbuing the last two pieces until I loot suitable replacements;
is it worth the 16 mana sacrificed to fit damage eater on the suit,
or does the delay from the eater negate its benefit for a tank?

Also, what size of mana pool when fully-geared would change your opinion?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm finishing up a suit for a swords melee tank build with the planned use of pve grinds.

Doing it on the cheap so I'll be imbuing the last two pieces until I loot suitable replacements;
is it worth the 16 mana sacrificed to fit damage eater on the suit,
or does the delay from the eater negate its benefit for a tank?

Also, what size of mana pool when fully-geared would change your opinion?
I'd go with 16 mana, without a doubt. I'd say a mana pool of 60 is bare minimum to chain special moves. 80 is great! Anything beyond 80 is bonus. All this sort of depends how often you plan to cast spells though.

I tested Damage eaters. I had a build with 30% kinetic eater and 30% fire eater and I wasn't impressed. The charges don't recharge fast enough and it doesn't last long enough. It also takes a few seconds for you to gain the life back.

Against a champ spawn, your charges will quickly run out from the constant spells/damage you take. Against high HP bosses, the eater charges don't last long enough for the whole fight.

EDIT: If you're trying to build a 1v1 tank build, mace fighting and fencing are also good. In some cases, swordsmanship is tankier since you can do more damage with onslaught and leech more life.

Last edited: