• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ophidian hand-in items - a plea to make us having kept them worth it!

G

I don't usually like making threads when theres enough on similar subjects as it is but I feel that a thread of this kind needs to be separated out because, and I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say this, the storage vs reward is very poor.

At 10 points a ration, I could buy two cursed artifacts for under 100k and get my entire hoardings of rations in just two items. That is ME, I am sure people could just get a single scythe and thats it.

Same goes for orders, journals, snake skins... it is very disappointing really.

Ophidian weapons - I only got one mystic ophid weapon! Power, vanqs and mystics have dropped on 3 different occasions but the ophidian stuff is much much rarer. Add to that the fact that an Inavlis' burchette - that many have never seen or even heard of - doesn't even get everything. TBH i'd rather keep it and buy the rewards.

The problem I think is because the ophidian things were kept for SO LONG, and we were told there would be a reward for keeping them. This is not a reward for keeping the items we had, so much as they can be handed in as a part of another system which is much different.

While I don't object to the points of other items, I think a separate hand-in just for ophidian items would make a much better system - rewards that only ophidian items can get. It doesnt actually matter what the reward is and I think - again - I speak for most people with ophidian items when I say that all anyone wants is a reason to have stored their ophidian items for so long which took up so much space, as opposed to any other items.

I would happily trade it all in just for a statue of an ophidian, for example, that lists all the items I handed in and how many of each I did.

Anyone else who wants to rant and rave and offer constructive alternatives, I really would appreciate you posting. Theres enough of you out there that agree with me, even if just with the title!

G

<blockquote><hr>

How come the sovereign is so high?

[/ QUOTE ]

I REALLY dont know. You only had to kill a damn 5-hitpoint rat to get it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The gold sovreigns were the rarest of the three. I got a boatload of copper shillings, almost as many silver crowns but really not alot of gold ones.

D

Daren Athlorn

I have about 40 gold sovereign's from killing rats, although I only have 37 ophidian journals... seems a bit off to me.

G

I think the fact you can still get scythes, for example, versus the rations or any other items is a bit wrong.

3 to 1 on the scythes and bardiches is wrong, as is the low-spread (and low value compared to scythes or any other handins) of the ophidian weapons - 2000 to 3500? Doesnt seem right - mystics were far harder to get - I have a total of 2 mystic weapons, about 30 power ophid weapons.

To be honest I don't really think it is a problem if people who don't like that ophidian items are worth more than other items. We have had them stored for nearly 2 years, they weren't all that easy to get, and at the time we were fighting to save towns and the spawn wasn't confined to a rift. Magincia - who cared - everyone wanted nice rubble. TBH ophidians were much harder and more people took part. This isn't supposed to be items that cost x points, this is rewarding us for holding items for 2 years that we were told would be USEFUL.

I would much prefer a use to a handin, but if you are giving us a handin option, at least make it worth all that space!

G

How about this:

People who were at the ophidian events, got lots of snakes skins, can't even get snake skin boots unless they have a lot of bardiches. Compare that to 10 scythes, which a friend gave me.

Made me laugh actually.

G

Yes, snake skin boots. why are these not made available for a few skins as thats what they are made of.
and who would be daft enuff to give 10 scythes. gotta be someone blonde!!

G

Got to agree with trev... the orphidian points are crap.. i think the rations will be worth more if u keep them instead of taking the points- same with the skins and journals... yet!!!!
all the crappo cursed artis get 5000 points thats crazy...and the gold soverigns too just for killing rats that could not damage u!!!!!
peeps were droping cursed artis on bank floors not long ago.. only wished id picke some up!!...
rubble only 800 points needs a bump too

G

Rubble only 800 points = 800k for people who looted 1000 crap bits!

How about this

500 skins = 1 pair of boots

Why not let us craft the books? Get a GM mark on? Random snake colour? Or skins of one colour - 50 = 1 pair of boots that colour

It isn't the fact the values are so low (though it doesnt help) - but that the ophidian items are all overshadowed by easier to get counterparts.

Cursed arties still spawn scythes still spawn, planeswords and Planeshields still spawn, what can I say.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Add to that the fact that an Inavlis' burchette - that many have never seen or even heard of - doesn't even get everything. TBH i'd rather keep it and buy the rewards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will give you one of everything for it. Different kind of turn in. Player to player, what a concept :p

G

Having kept these 2 years I vote the same.. These should be the highest turn ins not the newest ones. and the skins... I say turn in like 10 snake skins to get boots not your whole damn collection ..

G

yeah like how many skins does it take to make them? that should be the skin hand in,particulary when u take into acct the rewards for killing a rat!!

F

Fayled Dhreams

from the other thread(s)

As for the turn-ins ... nnnnnnnope ... ain't seeing the "valuation" as being ... mmmm .... workable.
The "idea" was to "get rid of junk" ... or in its most basic form: "Free up lockdowns/storage".

All in all ...each item IS "an item" ... ONE lockdown/storage slot
1Inavlis's Burchete = 1Copper Shilling .... either = 1 lockdown/storage
instead of each item = some points
each item IS a point ...
25 item points = 1 "new" item.

Thats my veiw ... and I'm sticking with it.

As it Still Stands(new list/values) ... nope ... ain't buying into it ... especially IF there's no "gp item for item" scale put in ...
A) to get rid of gp piles item counts ... B) as a "filler" for missing points.

Now ... IF an item stack for one item ratio was put in .... ie. 25 items = 1 different item ... golden ...
For 150 items (S&amp;S) ... I get 6 pieces of armor ... 1 set
For 250 items (any items) ... I get all 10 pieces of armour ... that I can only wear/use 6 pieces at a time
At a 50 - 1 rate ...
STILL can get a full 6 piece set (300 items) ...

Shrugs ...
we'll see ... and no ... no "problem" disposing any of my stockpile ... just sail it all out to sea, lose the keys ... finished ...

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

It isn't the fact the values are so low (though it doesnt help) - but that the ophidian items are all overshadowed by easier to get counterparts.

Cursed arties still spawn scythes still spawn, planeswords and Planeshields still spawn, what can I say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey ... I could even go for "valueing" the older items at twice the worth of the "newer"
older at 25 - 1 ... newer at 50 - 1

easier math too !