Open farewell letter

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
P

peanutbutter

Whoa whoa WHOA there. I keep reading this everywhere and it simply IS NOT TRUE.

The police are NOT THE LAW. In ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

The police are merely there to uphold the law, nothing more.

As you were.
heh - you, sir, have obviously never been in "trouble" with them. try going to court to defend yourself against a false accusation made by a police officer WITHOUT media coverage on your side.

they are the law.

i will grant you that the law is not a person or category of persons, but...

the law is theirs to interpret and enforce as they see fit making them, to whatever degree possible, THE law.

btw, what is that little distracting WOM thing you have in your sig... it's PERFECT for ADHD people.

end.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2003
In Abstentia
Hilarious thread , since when is it ok for a Stratics UO Mod to post a biased opinion? Just asking Mods, just asking...

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 21, 2002
Hilarious thread , since when is it ok for a Stratics UO Mod to post a biased opinion? Just asking Mods, just asking...
Since always. Stratics mods aren't under any obligation to become opinionless drones.. just some choose to be that way because it's less hassle ;)

While we're on the subject, is there actually such a thing as an "unbiased opinion"? Seems like a contradiction in terms to me.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
I'm not saying anything one way or another toward guilt or innocence, but I will say this:

It's a very simple matter to act completely indignant on the internet, demand proof, then play dumb if/when that proof is shown. If it's no proof is produced, then that indignant act turns into a self righteous one by allowing the accused to point to the failure to produce the proof as evidence of innocence, even though the company has a strict standard NOT to do exactly what he'd asked them to.

Those of you that say he's innocent, don't know that for sure unless you've been at his RL house and have had the opportunity to search his computer and his UO house for illegal programs and illegal items.

Those of you that say he's guilty......same thing.

I'm just glad we won't be seeing the same rant in every single thread every single day anymore. It was getting to be a bit stale.
I am with Connor on this one, for sure.

No one...not one single person, who does not have access to all of the data, can possibly know, for sure. No one, except EA (Who has been wrong before), and the person that was banned, CAN know.

Many innocent people...completely innocent people, sit on Death Row, right now, because of a bad witness. Many guilty ones sit on that same Death Row. All declare they are Innocent, almost to a person.

Many Guilty People walk the streets, right now, because they haven't been caught. Many of them.

Many Serial Killers were thought to be quiet types that could never have done what they had done...even by the closest of relatives and friends, who actually knew them, day to day, and in real life.

So...at the end of it all...Hemi...me...Connor...everyone...are just speculators. Hemi doesn't know, for sure. He knows what he believes...but he doesn't REALLY know. The ones calling Guilty don't know, for sure. They are using inference to base their judgment, but they don't know, anymore than Hemi does.

No one, but EA, and the accused...know whether or not EA banned properly this time. And it could be that the accused are either unknowing about what happened, or they are truly innocent. Or, because they can cry "I am INNOCENT!! I AM!!" they do, and no one can prove them wrong.

And unless EA actually tells us all what the Banned were actually Banned for...no one...no one who isn't EA, or the actual person...will ever actually know, for sure.

No One.

F

Firebird

As per Hemi, any Stratics mod/admin/reporter etc. can have their own opinion.. I do not "work" for EA, I volunteer for Stratics and have for several years, my "biased" opinion is by choice.. I rarely say anything when it comes to things like this but when I do have my own opinion I speak it period.;)

F

Firebird

Since always. Stratics mods aren't under any obligation to become opinionless drones.. just some choose to be that way because it's less hassle ;)

While we're on the subject, is there actually such a thing as an "unbiased opinion"? Seems like a contradiction in terms to me.

I so Lub you Hemi:D

F

feath

Will the drama never end? :popcorn:

next scandal, please, this one over worked.

:bdh:

M

mask-z

Bizzard... no one EA member have give an answer on this post.
What's are them jobs here ?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Whoa whoa WHOA there. I keep reading this everywhere and it simply IS NOT TRUE.

The police are NOT THE LAW. In ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

The police are merely there to uphold the law, nothing more.

As you were.
heh - you, sir, have obviously never been in "trouble" with them. try going to court to defend yourself against a false accusation made by a police officer WITHOUT media coverage on your side.

they are the law.

i will grant you that the law is not a person or category of persons, but...

the law is theirs to interpret and enforce as they see fit making them, to whatever degree possible, THE law.

btw, what is that little distracting WOM thing you have in your sig... it's PERFECT for ADHD people.

end.
I could write until my fingers fall off on this topic in regards to the legal trouble I've been in or involved in.

Suffice it to say, the police are not the law.