• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Open Beta?

D

doomsmythe

Searched through and didn't find any posts about this, but any clue when they are going to start that? i am starting to feel a bit ripped off by pre-ordering and the game comes out in 2 months or so.

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guild beta just began last week, which according to Mythic, is the last phase of closed beta. Assuming that they will need at least a month with the guild testers, and barring any major bugs or issues i would say end of August early September. This of course is all pure speculation on my part.

Keep in mind that the dates you are seeing on the retail sites (for a release date) are merely an educated guess as to when they think the game will come out. 2 months i think would be highly optimistic. 3 would be more realistic and 4 would be the safe bet. And that is all assuming that they don't find any game breaking bugs or issues.

Speculating on release dates has become sort of a sport in the MMO community, and it is perhaps the most futile endeavor. The only people who have any idea are Mythic employees and I would put big money on them not talking.

Anyway, the best anyone can tell you is... patience is a virtue, specially when dealing with beta phases and release dates. I know that doesn't help you much, but its the best answer you will get outside of bugging Mark Jacobs' office, which I am fairly sure would get you banned from beta.

E

Eh-Tah-Chi

My little brother just got the box set which was supposed to come with a password to the Beta a day later, its day 2 and hes kinda pissed =/