• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ooops!!!! Traded my mystics awway with house deed(all objects one)

• Thread starter imported_herk1287
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_herk1287

I didnt know it traded my objects too to the new owner, i thought just the ones tey owned, oh well its friend, and Im old sim and dont wanan go through mess oif transfer again to get them back, has them happened to anyone else, I neve used the deed feature before

G

All this time and I didn't that feature existed. I feel like a ******.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

I thought you could not trade mystics, even through the deed feature? If so, this is news to me.

As for your situation, there are two different house deeds: a deed with objects, and a deed without objects. It will tell you which one is which once you hover your mouse over them. Hope that helps!

I

imported_rpsky3

i also thought you could not include things like trees and anniversary gifts in the deed trade.. that is news to me. hope it works out for you

G

But you say that your good friends. Do you not think that he/she will return the tree to you?

H

hollythor

are you sure about the trees? From my understanding, they cannot be traded period. But then again the deed feature, hmmm. Who'da thunk it. 8( Did the person give them back I hope?

I

imported_herk1287

No, I dont wanango through the mess of changin the ownership back to me again and giving to me with her old sim, Not like shes gonna delete the trees

I

imported_herk1287

Thit is the whole scenario, she already owned the house, and when her AV sim arrived she wanted to make her the owner since shes over 1800, she traded me the deeds, the property with objects, then moved out, invited er old sim, traded the deedwith objects back to her and my trees went to her, also it appears if ur inventory is almost full tradin house makes itesm poof from it, anyone else experience this

I

imported_herk1287

because it casued issues last time dont wanan go through again atm, shes been my friend like 4+ years, how would i get them back, trees only wothoput holding all items again

G

She could change it to a store, close the house to everyone but you and put the trees for sale for $0 and have you buy them. If she's not willing to do this then she can't really be a 'friend'

Just be honest with her and explain that it was a mistake and ask for them back - I'm sure she's just waiting for you to ask anyway.

G

I traded a merged house to a new sim. Without even thinking about the tree. I just checked and the tree is now owned by the new sim. I hope it does not poof. I guess we have a new bug with trading trees. Pick up your rares before you sell your houses. LMAO That was my original plan. My right hand knows not, what the left hand is doing.

G

Or trade all again and pick up your trees. Then trade back. Have her pick up what rares she might have on the lot before any further trades.

I

imported_herk1287

they were originally mytrees;( lol she got them by accident HeHe

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I tried to transfer just a Deed without objects to roomie and was given a pop message saying that I would lose 53 of my least expensive objects because my inventory would not hold all my items. This is a new EA-Land sim and not a legacy sim with tons of things. I find the deed trade useless, if you own objects in the house you are trying to transfer.

Transferring deed with objects wouldn't work either because other sim could not hold all objects in house and items would be lost in transfer.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I tried to transfer just a Deed without objects to roomie and was given a pop message saying that I would lose 53 of my least expensive objects because my inventory would not hold all my items. This is a new EA-Land sim and not a legacy sim with tons of things. I find the deed trade useless, if you own objects in the house you are trying to transfer.

Transferring deed with objects wouldn't work either because other sim could not hold all objects in house and items would be lost in transfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking along those lines too.

If the person you are deeding to can't accept the entire transfer, the cheapest items are deleted. Mystics are worth 2 Simoleans so they probably were deleted.

G

I use it all the time. LOL not for it's intended purpose. I trade my own stuff to my own sims. I only get that message on one side. Like you did. If I want to keep the items.
This is how I use it:
I have tons of avatars just for storage of items. Things I either will need after a lot is built or stuff to sell in the store.
Usually more than I want to trade the old fashioned way.

1) I give the house to one of those "storage avatars" (mules).
2) I empty the inventory on the lot.
3) I trade the house back.

I have never lost anything. I have only traded with myself though. LOL To give money to myself I use tip jars.
To trade items with myself on the same acct.
I move them both into a store, sending offline invites.
Lock the house.
Empty my inventory and price it at 0.
Login the other avatar to purchase the free items.

G

That is not right. At least not at this point. I trade houses from much older avatars to young ones. I never lose anything. You get the message when you want to keep the items. Not when you are giving them all away or leaving them on the lot.

I just posted above where I traded a merged house to a new avatar and kept the tree. The house was fully furnished.

I have reached my limit and traded with a roomie. If the items are on the lot they stay on the lot. I guess it is a bug. One that I don't mind a bit.

I reported them both as bugs. The tree trading and the lot limit.

I

imported_herk1287

i got my trees back, I put tjem in ventory after the iobject switch again

S

Sativa L

I traded trees through the house deed function. I traded all trees, then bought one back with the same sim. That sim then moved out (without returning the tree to inventory) I don'tt remember the exact chain of events, but upon moving my sim into another lot i had a tree stuck in my inventory, the same tree was on the lot that i moved out of.. in pieces.(This also happened with a fountain) I was able to fix my tree and fountain by moving back into the lot with the broken objects, returning the objects to inventory and then moving back out.