• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[OOC] The Consequences of a New Magincia.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can view the plan here.

How will the direction the developers are taking impact RP Communities such as the Republic of Magincia and others associated with the once lavish metropolis?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is actually supposedly not the plan. It was, it seems, an extrapolation from what they said in the HoC, which I actually missed.

In that post, the one I linked to, Cal says he will post the actual plan.

Hopefully he will post the plan on the Herald, and thus potentially get feedback from more than just Stratics.

Any kind of lottery isn't terribly friendly to RPers though. But if the intent was to have Magincia as a player housing area (perhaps the cheapest way to fulfill Draconi's promise that the players would have an impact on how Magincia looked after the ashes finally cleared), I have to confess I can't think of a way to do it which is more fair to RPers. We'll have the same chance anyone else does.

I would rather for my part have had them actually go back on Draconi's promise and just build a humble new NPC city there, with virtue content.

Or, finish Warriors of Destiny, then do an entirely separate, shorter story arc to rebuild in Magincia, and have the players impact how the city looks not by housing but by having a limited ability to donate resources and complete quests. (A more "expensive" way to determine how it looks but we get a little story arc out of it.)

But I've strayed from your topic, I apologize....For your actual topic I'll say that I'll withhold thoughts until I see what the plan actually is. Like I told Cal in that thread if we're gonna hate the plan we may as well have it for what it actually is as opposed to what we imagine it to be.

-Galen's player

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would rather for my part have had them actually go back on Draconi's promise and just build a humble new NPC city there, with virtue content.
Mm.

Three months ago I might have agreed with this assessment. But then I happened upon a group whose entire fiction is based in and around Magincia and what it once was. Lavish. Alluring. Amoral. Human.

Therefore - for me - Magincia fit a rather unique and important fictional niche. The opulent and decadent Mediterranean / Foreign Port. I will mourn its loss.

C

canary

I think it will be nice for the Atlantic rp community who wish to build a city there.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My take is... I would like to have our OLD Magincia back as it was with maybe new additions, but all NPC owned and ran. Allow folks to place AROUND the island (they should let us place in Ocllo/Haven island too, but that's another story) like we have on Moonglow island... This whole diversion from the original landscape is too perplexing for me. I do not like it!!!

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree with Galen. I think the only problem I see is the potential that other vendor shops will be competing with two main market areas. Other than that I look forward to buying a ticket! :)

Bryelle Vaughn

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you know by now.. Maginica is on the Test Shard. For those of us in The Republic of Magincia on Atlantic, we have visited and looked it over.

I am happy to say that thus far, we seem to have a good support system in regards to possible housing issues with the lottery system. As a rule the ARPC tries to help each other out.

From an rp standpoint, I personally like the fact that you can see the construction pieces set aside. This allows us to include a steady rebuild versus having to come up with a reason why an entire town is "poof there" overnight.

Additionally, this will give us a chance to ease into the new look and feel of Magincia. No matter what, it is going to be a long road. But worth it.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you know by now.. Maginica is on the Test Shard. For those of us in The Republic of Magincia on Atlantic, we have visited and looked it over.

I am happy to say that thus far, we seem to have a good support system in regards to possible housing issues with the lottery system. As a rule the ARPC tries to help each other out.

From an rp standpoint, I personally like the fact that you can see the construction pieces set aside. This allows us to include a steady rebuild versus having to come up with a reason why an entire town is "poof there" overnight.

Additionally, this will give us a chance to ease into the new look and feel of Magincia. No matter what, it is going to be a long road. But worth it.
Good luck.

And if you haven't already noticed this, non-RPers can be persuaded to go along with RP to a degree more often than we think.

So I'm thinking if you get at least some of the plots you may be able to convince a couple of others to at least put "Republic of Magincia" on their house signs.

We shall see.

-Galen's player