• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OOC - Snooping/stealing

Chyna Rhalin

Visitor
Hello!

Just a clarification about how the RP community feels about snooping and stealing.

One of my members has them, and I would love to be able to "sell" his services, but wanted to make sure the community was ok with it.

Judas and I recently had a discussion about it, but I wanted to bring it here to discuss as well. I don't like surprises!

Chyna Rhalin,
League of Assassins (LAS)
Assassin for hire
No job too small or large

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure how others feel, but in the past many of us carried a red bag within out pack that was good to steal or loot on a kill, The bag contained a few regs, bandies and a small amount of gold. The one problem we had is that not all were taking part in this red bag contained, and some who were not had items looted from the red bag they always carried that were not up for grabs. If you peek into my bags be ready to see some shocking things. I carry my orange polka dotted shorts in my pack.

Min

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm open to any interaction, problem is:

1. Not much is steal-able anymore. You might get 1K gold, a few regs, or a mediocre power scroll at best. However, personally I'd be open to carrying around a trapped box with secret Mage Council dispatches or something interesting.
2. I *think* snooping only works in Fel, even for Orange players (someone double-check the facet rule set). Personally, I live on Fel, but hardly anyone else ever goes there.

Merek Penrose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think there is potential in this -- if anything I would be open to OOCly telling people what they may find in my pack, or belongings. Similar to what we did over ICQ.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have always liked people being able to use the skills they train up when it fits their RP.

Chyna Rhalin

Visitor
I remember the "red bag" days well. That really never worked.

What we are actually looking to do is add this type of thing to story lines....someone has something that someone else wants. If you set it up with the person before-hand that they carry this thing, we can "appropriate" it at our leisure. We might even give it to the person who paid for it...unless someone else wants to pay more!

We aren't really talking about just walking around stealing stuff with no RP reason...although secret Mage Council papers could be fun. Rifling through Governor Merek's office drawers was fun too...you should see what he keeps in his drawers!

Chyna Rhalin,
League of Assassins (LAS)
Assassin for hire
No job too small or large

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awhile back this topic came up when a few of us sat down to discuss assassins actually being able to assassinate without warning. I think we had agreed upon the bag idea at the time. My characters also carry a bag for people to loot and or steal

Min

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
We aren't really talking about just walking around stealing stuff with no RP reason...although secret Mage Council papers could be fun. Rifling through Governor Merek's office drawers was fun too...you should see what he keeps in his drawers!
Stealing for no RP reason? If you're a thief, you need to eat. People have stuff, you want it. RP reason established. Does a baker need an IC reason to make bread?

Also, I think we might still have an player thieve's guild around somewhere. It might be fun to see if they come along and demand a "tax" after you manage a particular good score.

PS: The imagination runs wild at the the sort of things that might be found in Penrose's office drawers....;)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know you can snoop and steal from guildmates, and I can test on an orange at some point. I have snooping somewhere...

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*shudders thinking about what is in Penrose's drawers*
I agree Minalan, a thief would steal for many reasons not the least of which is survival. I do still carry a red bag, and am open as well to having things that others may be looking for in my pack. It is clear that I have a rather blind trust in the goodness of others. I readily friend or co own any that wish to be to my buildings, and in all the years I have played, have not had anything go missing.