• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Onslaught

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to the uo wiki; The swordsman executes an onslaught of attacks on their opponent reducing one of their victim’s resists based on the swordsman’s swordsmanship and tactics skill and the damage type of the weapon used for a duration based on mastery level.

So according to this, it should lower a monster's resist based on the weapon damage type that I'm using. So if I'm using a 100% fire axe on Navrey, then Navrey's fire resist will lower even more for a "duration".

Does anyone know how much a resist is lowered by? How long is the duration? Is it based off of real or modified skills? Does mastery 2 vs 3 play a part in this?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
According to the uo wiki; The swordsman executes an onslaught of attacks on their opponent reducing one of their victim’s resists based on the swordsman’s swordsmanship and tactics skill and the damage type of the weapon used for a duration based on mastery level.

So according to this, it should lower a monster's resist based on the weapon damage type that I'm using. So if I'm using a 100% fire axe on Navrey, then Navrey's fire resist will lower even more for a "duration".

Does anyone know how much a resist is lowered by? How long is the duration? Is it based off of real or modified skills? Does mastery 2 vs 3 play a part in this?
Onslaught does minus 20 resist based on current weapon elemental damage. It is based on real skill and you want mastery 3. It last for 6 seconds which is just enough for four double strikes before your next onslaught.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Onslaught does minus 20 resist based on current weapon elemental damage. It is based on real skill and you want mastery 3. It last for 6 seconds which is just enough for four double strikes before your next onslaught.
Thank you! Is this from player testing or is it officially documented somewhere? I found a few posts from a couple years ago but nothing concrete.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You will debuff a % of resist based on the total of your real Tactics/Weapon skills combined. Here are the ranges I found in testing:

Under 200: -4% Debuff
200 - 205: -8% Debuff
210 - 215: -12% Debuff
220 - 235: -16% Debuff
240: -20% Debuff

I tested with various combinations of low Swords, high Tactics and high Tactics, low Swords, and it doesn't appear to matter which skill is higher, just the combined skill points.

So if you have 100 natural weapon skill and 90 natural tactics, you will debuff for only 4% with Onslaught. It's definitely worth raising natural tactics if you plan to use Onslaught. You will still get the other effects of skilling up Tactics with jewelry, just not with Onslaught.

Also if you notice, the only way to get the full debuff effect is to have 120 natural in both Weapon and Tactics. So if you can't afford to get 120/120, your next best bet would be 120/100, 115/105, 110/110, etc. to try and hit 220 natural. This will give you almost the best debuff (16%) with Onslaught, and still allow you to easily jewel up your skills to modified 120 for the other bonuses.

It's worth noting that these debuff %'s are halved against players (so 2% to 10% in PvP).

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you! Is this from player testing or is it officially documented somewhere? I found a few posts from a couple years ago but nothing concrete.
I pulled it off PlayerskillFTW's old post titled "Skill Mastery Testing". I know for sure it last long enough for 4 double strikes, so 6 seconds seems accurate. I also have my own damage calculator so if I change the monster's resist by -20, I get numbers that closely match my game play. I could test it by soulstoning Animal Lore to my sampire but I'm kinda lazy =)

Regarding "masteries are based on real skill", I didn't test it myself. It is on the official uo webpage.

Skill Mastery Testing

Skill Masteries – Ultima Online

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pulled it off PlayerskillFTW's old post titled "Skill Mastery Testing". I know for sure it last long enough for 4 double strikes, so 6 seconds seems accurate. I also have my own damage calculator so if I change the monster's resist by -20, I get numbers that closely match my game play. I could test it by soulstoning Animal Lore to my sampire but I'm kinda lazy =)

Regarding "masteries are based on real skill", I didn't test it myself. It is on the official uo webpage.

Skill Mastery Testing

Skill Masteries – Ultima Online
I missed that post. Thanks again!

Finegold

Journeyman
Probably a silly question.... why does it say i dont have that spell when i try to double clivk on the onslaugyt icon i have dragged out from the mastery book?

I have read swords vol 3, have completed the Hawkwind guys swords quest snd the mastery is active.