• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] One-tile soul forge from Scalis

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's on Atlantic
Not exactly sure how to price it, so I'll let you all decide
Reserve 100M
Buyout 150M (that's high, but it would be a quick way to end this)
Looking for something in between
If I get an offer I like, I may take it. Otherwise I'll take the high bid above 100M at 11 pm Wednesday (July 13)
Bids raised less than 5M will be ignored
I hope I've set this up satisfactorily.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
FYI, this will go on my vendor after Wednesday night, and it will be listed for more than the reserve price here.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There was one being spammed on Atl today for 95M with no takers so you may want to rethink your starting price.
Ok, thanks for sharing that. Guess my info was outdated. That was the reason I listed it here first was to get an idea on the current market :)

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There was one being spammed on Atl today for 95M with no takers so you may want to rethink your starting price.
Yeah @Yadd of Legends, I know you were quoted 100-120Mil but prices these days on this item is more like 80-100Mil. Good luck with the sale :)

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
None for sale on Vendor Search.

The fact that someone spams an item in General Chat and there are no takers doesn't mean a damn thing.Who knows maybe no one was logged in today.

This is still a pain in the neck item to get, as it's his only worthwhile drop.

Nothing wrong with your price points. I wouldn't sell this item for less than 100M.

Also, take in the fact the price of ASOS & Nets are on the rise as less people are playing (less players fishing). The money invested to farm Scalis is significant, and you deserve a decent return on your investment in both money & time.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lol, thanks for input, HoneythornGump. That was part of my problem in pricing this; I could never find one for sale on any shard for comparison

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
None for sale on Vendor Search.

The fact that someone spams an item in General Chat and there are no takers doesn't mean a damn thing.Who knows maybe no one was logged in today.
LOL We are talking Atl, you know Atlantic Shard, and I was on from 1200-2200 PST so in case you didn't know that would be 1500-0100 EST. I think I covered all of their prime time hours and yes as per normal Atl was packed and there were a lot of buyers and sellers.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok, it's over. Thank everybody for playing. I'm packing up my toys and going home.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This time last year... when then-governor Ma Nerva was doing scalis net tosses twice week at New Mag docks for usually 2 hours each time... there were a lot of Small Soul Forges on vendors. I was very lucky in getting the SSF drop, and often was selling for between 90-100 by pricing lower than anyone else and checking every. Rarely would I get more then that, and sometimes went for as low as 85 if I had one sitting around too long.

However, there's just quite as many people doing net tosses as much as last year - PLUS we have had an influx of players ever since the ToL expansion. Demand went up, supply went down, and you can hardly find them on vendor search - and if you do... it probably won't last more than a couple of days. I sold one for 125m and another for 140m around mid-June. Anyone telling you to go for less than 100m these days is pulling your leg.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone telling you to go for less than 100m these days is pulling your leg
Well I personally bought one a few months back for 81Mil and re-sold it for 96Mil, not pulling anyones leg and just going with my own experience. I even tried to sell it on a vendor for weeks over 100Mil and all I got was vendor fees... so agreed it can depend on the time/demand but I believe @Lord Frodo when he says someone was spamming one for 95Mil and maybe that's why none are listed on vendors, cuz they they cost too much in vendor fees and don't sell fast enough over 100Mil

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well I personally bought one a few months back for 81Mil and re-sold it for 96Mil, not pulling anyones leg and just going with my own experience. I even tried to sell it on a vendor for weeks over 100Mil and all I got was vendor fees... so agreed it can depend on the time/demand but I believe @Lord Frodo when he says someone was spamming one for 95Mil and maybe that's why none are listed on vendors, cuz they they cost too much in vendor fees and don't sell fast enough over 100Mil
That's all fair... I didn't mean to imply anyone in particular was pulling legs. I've just seen more people try to low-ball this item lately, when the reality is that demand is greater than supply and prices should reflect that accordingly. Let me also say that I would raise my price between Friday night and Sunday night because I feel there is more demand on weekends. That's when I got my highest prices for these. I personally just suck it up and pay the vendor fees - OR would post on Stratics or my guild's internal forums if I wanted to avoid the fees but still get the message out there that I had one for sale (without having to spam it in GC). It's tough to gauge pricing based on gen chat because many people opt out of public chat channels all together.

The loot table for Scalis has also changed quite a bit over the last 18 months. Seems like it gets better or worse with each publish. I wonder if that is also affecting SSF drop rate, and thus prices..

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, we shall see. There are two for sale on Atlantic right now, one for 100M, the other for 99,999,999 (silly, isn't it?) (neither mine, BTW). The one for 100M has been up for three days now

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got one I'll sell for 99,992,998
Hey, this could be the forum's first reverse auction