• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

One slot pets

biza

Visitor
What is everyone doing to get a 1 slot pet to 2? I have tried all the different guides on here. My best outcome has been Navery with my giant beetle. He went almost 100% in one kill with my wyrm tanking having started from I think 20% ish. What is everyone else doing to speed this 1 slot grindfest up?

The biggest problem I had was getting a hit in on her. Navery has high defense and when your beetle is young they have very little wrestling. Luckily we had a disco there that I believe helped out tremendously. I also had him blessed the entire time. I will be doing more work and will report back here tomorrow on my findings.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll never understand why low level pets absoluty must hit bosses ;).... go Solen Hive and try the little ant workers, try skeleltons or other low monster - mongbats, zombies - and vet as fast as you can - the gains will come.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is everyone doing to get a 1 slot pet to 2? I have tried all the different guides on here. My best outcome has been Navery with my giant beetle. He went almost 100% in one kill with my wyrm tanking having started from I think 20% ish. What is everyone else doing to speed this 1 slot grindfest up?

The biggest problem I had was getting a hit in on her. Navery has high defense and when your beetle is young they have very little wrestling. Luckily we had a disco there that I believe helped out tremendously. I also had him blessed the entire time. I will be doing more work and will report back here tomorrow on my findings.
Kill lizard men for like an hour, it will get your pet's stats to 125, and give them enough wrestling to hit/gain off of stronger stuff.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll never understand why low level pets absoluty must hit bosses ;).... go Solen Hive and try the little ant workers, try skeleltons or other low monster - mongbats, zombies - and vet as fast as you can - the gains will come.
Because it's radically faster, I suspect. Most people don't really get a kick out of killing skeletons all day, especially if you have a bunch of pets to train.

kazeandi

Adventurer
The crazy mages are okay for stuff you got up to 2 from 1 (Shame 5), supposing you put your points into tank (resists, some HP, max HP regen).

Harder is getting Wrestling to 60ish, so you can do Earth Ellies in either Shame 1 or the Haven Mines, to 100.

After that, you travel to Spirituality, entrance to Blood Dungeon, where you tell your pet to Stop and Stay, then invis till it's surrounded by skellies. Start Consume Damage and watch a movie, come back to maxed Parry.

Chiv, I'm currently searching for a method. I heard the Slime pit near the entrance of Underworld work for that. I'll have to find out. Same for Necromancy and Spellweaving.

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My Cu is currently standing in a pit, her Chiv gaining at a good rate.
Her Healing is also going up, even beyond 92.4, because the Slimes use poison all the time and there's like 10 of them.

Very good spot. ☆☆☆☆☆

biza

Visitor
So in the end the fastest way was to leech off people doing navery, it worked some what well. A lot faster than anything else I could find. at 2 slots Swoop is a good option if you up your HPs

I know its an old post, but.. Use soulstones to change your template for taming, focus 120, med 120, cap your lmc and mr. Then go look for a lesser hyriu with high physical resist. Take the lesser and 4 level 1 whatevers and go to swoop. If you have level 3 taming mastery, and are set up as indicated you can run "as one" and never run out of mana. Start "as one" sick the lesser on swoop, then send in the rest. High physical resist on the lesser lowers incoming damage that is then separated between all 5 pets, and since pets can gain from taking damage, all 5 pets should start gaining at a good rate of speed. You'll have to keep them alive of course, but its not too bad to do. In fact, if you have more than 1 account, or a friend with a bard, you can have the bard use either provoke mastery, or peace mastery so that you don't even have to heal your pets. (I like provoke because it increases the chance that the pets will actually hit swoop, but sometimes the regen and extra defense from the peace mastery is nice) Of course any high level mob that doesn't randomly switch targets will work (as long as you have a tank with the right resists), swoop is just easy because they're non-aggro.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know its an old post, but.. Use soulstones to change your template for taming, focus 120, med 120, cap your lmc and mr. Then go look for a lesser hyriu with high physical resist. Take the lesser and 4 level 1 whatevers and go to swoop. If you have level 3 taming mastery, and are set up as indicated you can run "as one" and never run out of mana. Start "as one" sick the lesser on swoop, then send in the rest. High physical resist on the lesser lowers incoming damage that is then separated between all 5 pets, and since pets can gain from taking damage, all 5 pets should start gaining at a good rate of speed. You'll have to keep them alive of course, but its not too bad to do. In fact, if you have more than 1 account, or a friend with a bard, you can have the bard use either provoke mastery, or peace mastery so that you don't even have to heal your pets. (I like provoke because it increases the chance that the pets will actually hit swoop, but sometimes the regen and extra defense from the peace mastery is nice) Of course any high level mob that doesn't randomly switch targets will work (as long as you have a tank with the right resists), swoop is just easy because they're non-aggro.
Yeah, for 1 slot pets, i usually use a 4 slot Najasaurus with 80 Physical/100 Poison Resist to tank an Allosaurus (which do 50% Physical/50% Poison damage, so barely any damage to that Naja), while running "As One" to spread the damage to the 1 slot so that it gains faster.
"As One" is definitely not sustainable for long though with my 120 Taming/120 Lore/80 Med, 40% LMC/30 MR and Lvl 3 Primer. I don't think it'd be sustainable even with 120 Taming/120 Lore/120 Med/120 Focus, 40% LMC/30 MR and Lvl 3 Primer, it just sucks down too much mana.
Edit: Nm, just tested it. "As One" is just barely sustainable with 120 Taming/120 Lore/120 Med/120 Focus, 40% LMC/30 MR and Lvl 3 Primer.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
That seems like a lot of work and possible template change just to level a pet.

Much easier to just go to crazed mage and cast poison field on him.