• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

One huge problem with Trade Orders

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went from Vesper to Moonglow (no attack) using the gate because I frankly hate sailing. My reward was a .7 Mysticism pink. I run from Minoc to Trinsic killing 3 mobs With liches, drakes and demons and get a .4 camping pink. Am I the only one that thinks that this is ridiculous? It seems (and I thought it was intended) that we should be rewarded based on the distance, the mobs and whether or not we use a gate. Is this thinking unreasonable?

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The main thing using a public gate prevents is the chance at getting a rarer drop (books, guild signs etc).. so there is already a reward based on using one or not.. the rest is just an rng roll. Sailing does appear to be useless though. I have done a lot of sailing since the content was active and have yet to get a single drop from it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went from Vesper to Moonglow (no attack) using the gate because I frankly hate sailing. My reward was a .7 Mysticism pink. I run from Minoc to Trinsic killing 3 mobs With liches, drakes and demons and get a .4 camping pink. Am I the only one that thinks that this is ridiculous? It seems (and I thought it was intended) that we should be rewarded based on the distance, the mobs and whether or not we use a gate. Is this thinking unreasonable?
I don't think scrolls are based on anything. If you get a scroll it picks a random skill and a random amount.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They could set the reward table tho, surely, to not include the dead scrolls. I'm not a programmer, but it seems reasonable they could do that

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Using a gate:
  • NO rare drops
  • Significant reduction for resource rewards
  • Significant reduction in gold deposit to the originating city
The roll for a pink is completely random; skill/amount. Using a moongate actually seems to increase your chanced for a pink.

Also, forensics is good for anyone grinding working on Honesty. Plus, herding can be wicked fun... :devil:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes - i have a character that's 80 forensics, specifically for helping another character maintain knight of Honesty.

You can get to Knight from only about 80-100 items, if you Forensic them all and take them to their owner.

Without Forensics, it would take several hundred items dropped off in the city boxes.

Plus, you can use the Alacrity scrolls, and log in only long enough to id items, and stretch a single alacrity over weeks, if only doing 1-2 items at a time to maintain Honesty on a different character (I occasionally lose knight from too many trade orders)