• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

One copy of 9th Anni. or One per PC???

D

Dreadmage

I may be in the wrong forum, this may be tech, but I wasn't sure. So, sorry if I picked the wrong one. But here's my question...

My wife, and I both plan on playing UO. We both have our own computers, and we will both have our own accounts, so we can play together, or not, as the case may be. What I need to know is, do I need to buy a copy of 9th Anni. for each pc, or can I get one copy for both pc's, as long as we have separate accounts?

I don't wanna buy 2 if I don't have to, but I don't wanna buy 1, and need 2.

Thanks again you guys, this forum has been a life saver for getting ready to start playing UO.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although you can use one box to install on both PC. You will need 2 new player registration codes for each account . Unless you can find someone who has a spare new player code for you.

D

Dreadmage

So I can buy one copy of the game, install it on both pc's, use the code that came with it for one pc, use the buddy registration code from the UO Codes Store for the other pc, open two separate accounts, and then I can play on my pc, and my wife on hers at the same time?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK...

This is how you do it.

Each box has a new account code and an upgrade code.

1. Use the new account code from the box for one account.
2. Use the Buddy code from the EA page for the second account.
3. Upgrade the Buddy code with the upgrade code from the box.

Both will then be ML-enabled, and have access to the the 9th anniversary content (the crystal and shadow housing tiles, etc.)

D

Dreadmage

Awesome! Thank you so much!

You are a lifesaver, well... perhaps just a money/time saver. None the less, you guys rock!

Thanks again,