• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

One character lost in transfer for 3 days.... (Q)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I LOST a character around the 20th, in a transfer from LA to Napa. It's been reported and escalated.

What I want to know is that, while my character is missing, can I transfer another character on that account (as all I have are shield tokens), or could that jeopardize the character in limbo (especially since the destination is the same shard I sent the missing one to)?

The original idea was to have the two meet there after transferring on consecutive days.
Character A had been sitting on ATL with 4 shard tokens to other shards, so I started him moving a few days after the publish to collect the holiday gifts from my accounts on those shards, but I forgot to bring the Atlantic token for the return (forgot the Atlantic token was in a different character's bank). He still needs to get to Napa from Baja.
Character B was on Lake Austin, where all my shards shields are (in my house). He's the missing one, and has all his usual gear, plus the tokens to come home and resupply tokens to Character A so that A can get home.
The characters were going to meet on Napa as that's the token A has (that I'd thought was Atlantic when I left Atlantic), and there aren't any open character slots on Baja where he's suck, trying to find his way home. Ironically, the reason there isn't an open slot on Baja is that I accidentally trapped ANOTHER character there last year - named SAM BECKETT.... (AL? Where are you???)

So, since 3 days have passed, should I try to send Character A to Napa to be there when Broadsword finds B - or will trying to transfer another character on the same account (with the same destination) potentially screw with the recovery of B?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you transfer with this other transfer pending?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Three days seems like not much time to be honest, I wouldn't give up hope, a few other people recently said theirs were missing for 2 1/2 weeks and another almost a month! Although one of those said there were missing items when they got the character back....I wouldn't risk moving another character until they find the first one.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Usually happens if you do something like transfer too close to a server down...

I had it happen one time but got my character back rather quickly...

Recently had problems loggin into Izumo because it kept telling me I couldn't log in there because I had a transfer pending... well hell I haven't transferred in months... I got that resolved within 48 hours.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never had a single issue with transfer, and I would be leery of trying to start another transfer with the same account, which isn't supposed to be possible until the first is completed.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I lost a character in transfer last year because I canceled the process due to lag and reinitated it with the same token as it did not disappear. Took 1-2 weeks or so to fix this.

Lesson learned: once you double click the token, never cancel the transfer process.

Phreak

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I finally got my character back with all of the items. It took about 3 weeks. I transferred half a dozen chars around while this one was in limbo with no issues. I got the fastest response when posting on official forums. Good luck!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, it finally showed up around 8PM last night - and of course its timer was still 24 hours till the next transfer.

And, for the fun of it, I ran around Baja on one of the two characters his transfer was meant to rescue, and he died, and needed some locals' help to get back. Interestingly, when I rezzed, the MISSING shard shield token for Atlantic that had PROMPTED this whole fiasco, reappeared in his bag. So, that character will be able to go to Napa, give the stuff from the other 4 shards to my Lake Austin character, then head home empty to Atlantic after all, freeing up at least one of the slots on Baja for later visits.