• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Once again, the inverse correlation between "I'm leaving" posts and in-game activity

• Thread starter imported_GalenKnighthawke
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Once again.....The more "I'm leaving" posts I see, also the more people I see in-game.

I'm nearly 100% certain that if the game ever does die (I used to say "when," under the theory that every business venture dies sooner or later, but I've backed off from that) it'll have exactly jack to do with the "I'm leaving" posts.

Granted, if the game goes down, it'll be correlated with some of the posts, and people will make the connection. But it'll be inappropriate.

-Galen's player

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Once again.....The more "I'm leaving" posts I see, also the more people I see in-game

[/ QUOTE ]

My eyes are wide open watching everytthing happening ingame or lack of.

* SA was announced to be released last spring then summer now a year later with no mention
* Doom has been put on Easy Mode already
* Runic changes (promised) are not even on test yet
* A sketchy mention of some sort of event maybe the closeing of UO? not on test yet
* Mass exidous of developers becasue of EA/Mythics decision to condence the developer teams.
* Most resources used on this warhammer crap
* Training new developers on 12 year old code, Training developers on KR code
* Fluff messages for the replacement of the Developer IRC chats
* Producer of the game will not come and speak their mind on the state of the game --Who is the current producer anyway?--
* ANY developer post on any forums about anything relateing UO
* Jeremy becomeing more and more transparent and unable/unwilling to answer questions

B

Babble

Well if the UO developers all say they leave then it will have to do something with the leaving posts or?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Once again.....The more "I'm leaving" posts I see, also the more people I see in-game

[/ QUOTE ]

* SA was announced to be released last spring then summer now a year later with no mention
* A sketchy mention of some sort of event maybe the closeing of UO? not on test yet
* Mass exidous of developers becasue of EA/Mythics decision to condence the developer teams.
* Producer of the game will not come and speak their mind on the state of the game --Who is the current producer anyway?--
* Jeremy becomeing more and more transparent and unable/unwilling to answer questions

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh brother just for fun.

Yep SA is delayed. KR is improving. Dont forget players want SA in 2D. I bet they are thinking.

Whats wrong with easy mode. There just arties. I like it. The end of arties is coming. Read between the lines. Back to crafting days.

Stop whining about stuff not coming. The runic changes will be here. Geez.

Stop whining the event is coming. I bet some fun stuff too will arrive soon and you complian how it sucks. Did I says its a game. Not real life.

Jobs changes all the time. You really think big-wigs want to lose a money stream. Do we make more the we spend on UO? As long as you can say yes, it will stay.

Training developers. Please, you dont think there are educated people that can jump in running.

Jeremy... Geez. Do you read what she writes? She responds regularly and is upfront. Do you want her to put you in as her BFF? Shes an employee not a bud.

UO is fine. Its a game that will continue to hang around. Simply put. KR is emerging. People leaving have new interests. The event will be quite exciting. And in a month after the EVENT, the complainers that cant entertain themselves will be calling for heads because they are bored.

Bring on the Doom. The sky is falling. Again. No again. No once more. But its really falling this time. No really.

C

Connor_Graham

"Bring on the Doom. The sky is falling. Again. No again. No once more. But its really falling this time. No really. "

I've put on and taken off my "sky is falling" hard hat so many times that I've gotten helmet hair.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course there more "I'm leaving " posts in U Hall then" I'm new player" and "i'm returning" posts.

We got New Player Corner for those posts. Would be kinda silly to read "I'm leaving" posts in New player corner anyway!

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

"Bring on the Doom. The sky is falling. Again. No again. No once more. But its really falling this time. No really. "

I've put on and taken off my "sky is falling" hard hat so many times that I've gotten helmet hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, so very true.
honestly
no one like quitters, so if your going to quit, then do so quietly.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe many of the "goodbye" posts are people saying goodbye to U.Hall, not UO, and they just failed to make that clear?

G

I don't see stopping playing this game as making anyone a "quitter". Atleast not in the negative sense.

The very opposite in fact.

MMO's are an addiction for a large and growing number of people.

You should be congratulating them and wishing them luck &amp; such.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Once again.....The more "I'm leaving" posts I see, also the more people I see in-game.

I'm nearly 100% certain that if the game ever does die (I used to say "when," under the theory that every business venture dies sooner or later, but I've backed off from that) it'll have exactly jack to do with the "I'm leaving" posts.

Granted, if the game goes down, it'll be correlated with some of the posts, and people will make the connection. But it'll be inappropriate.

-Galen's player

[/ QUOTE ]

Acctually i dont figure it will ever die persay Uo will be a round for a long time in some form or another.(Freeshards) will help insure this UO has all ways been for me like the game Starcraft i play for a while then quit but i start to miss it after a while and poof its back on my comp and im playing again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The sky is falling the sky is falling!!
Seriously some of this i can agree with but as for the remark about jeremy did ya ever stop to think there are some things she may not be able to say or info she can provide.Im sure she does have otehr stuff to do besiders baby sit these boards answering every single stupid question posted.

I

imported_Sarphus

Doom isn't any easier than it was... you just get more drops. Doom never was designed for the level of character power we have today.

I

imported_Spiritless

Basically you're saying that you're open to the idea of EA UO lasting forever, ad infinitum, and also that players leaving have nothing to do with making UO an unprofitable venture? Get a grip. UO will end one day, and it'll be the result of subscriptions no longer being profitable. This is pretty much a certainty.

UO isn't receiving a huge influx of new players. I can't even tell you the last time I saw a young running around. That's not to say there aren't some, but certainly not in large quantities. Every player who leaves is another lost account (or more likely, several accounts) who likely won't be directly replaced. This is why the subscription figures for UO are one of the lowest they've ever been right now and likely continue to decline. This is why people stating they're leaving is significant. Not everyone posts on the boards when they leave, though. Most just quit.

In relation to you seeing more players in-game, I'd say that view isn't shared by the majority; especially those who have been playing awhile. There used to be many more players in this game that have since departed and haven't been replaced with new players. The large number of IDOCs that I've been attending recently, with no new houses going up in their place, supports this.

G

I havent really noticed any change in the player base then again when im in game i tend to be Antisocial

G

RTLFC

Jeremy would tell us everything she knew if she could. She tells us only what she's allowed to. Do you guys want her to lose her job? Lay off Jeremy bashing, she's doing a great job with what she has to work with. If there is a problem she's generally on top of it, whether you see it or not. She's also quick to answer the questions she can.

I remember being perfectly happy with the game even though there was no "in game content" or events going on. We get flooded with content and now every time there is a lull in activity everyone gets angry. I would rather have a couple of spectacular events a year then small boring weekly events. Those spectacular events take time to set up and write.

Yes the developers are moved and settled in by now. Give them time to do something, and time to train the new people. This move hasn't been easy for anyone. I can guarentee though, it's been harder for them than it has been for us. Give them some time, and see what they can come up with.

G

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

Jeremy would tell us everything she knew if she could. She tells us only what she's allowed to. Do you guys want her to lose her job? Lay off Jeremy bashing, she's doing a great job with what she has to work with. If there is a problem she's generally on top of it, whether you see it or not. She's also quick to answer the questions she can.

I remember being perfectly happy with the game even though there was no "in game content" or events going on. We get flooded with content and now every time there is a lull in activity everyone gets angry. I would rather have a couple of spectacular events a year then small boring weekly events. Those spectacular events take time to set up and write.

Yes the developers are moved and settled in by now. Give them time to do something, and time to train the new people. This move hasn't been easy for anyone. I can guarentee though, it's been harder for them than it has been for us. Give them some time, and see what they can come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said...

K

kennykilleduo

Notice , Not One response from a EA rep , They got your money , you get a broken game...