• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

On Darker Tides

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He stood watching long after the ship was gone. For as long as his eyes could catch sight of the vessel, he stared out watching it as it moved towards the starry sky. Even when there was no sign left of the vessel, still he stood there watching and waiting. It was only the sound of fluttering wings which stirred him from his watch. Turning, he looked into the soulful eyes as Nemira. As the large bird regarded the man, it was easy for her to detect the pain behind his smile. Shifting to take on human form, she stepped forward laying her hands on Aedon’s shoulders.

“She is gone then my son?”

“Yes mother, only a short time ago.”

“And you know not where she is bound?”

“No, only that she follows the call of her Goddess.”

Nodding, Nemira moved past Aedon and stood on the shore staring into the distance. Her keen sight had little difficulty in spotting the Painted Lady as she bobbed in the waves, sails fully unfurled.

“Yes Aedon, I can see her.” She said softly. “Now son, what is it you would ask of me?”

Looking towards Nemira Aedon shifted a bit from one foot to the other. And after glancing out over the ocean, responded.

“Follow her. Not to spy on her actions, but to make certain that no harm befalls her. See her safely to whatever lands she seeks. And let know that all is well.”

Nodding slowly Nemira regarded the man a few moments before speaking again.

“I will give you no details of her actions my son. What she is now undertaking is her task alone. And I will not allow even you to interfere. Is that Clear?”

For several moments Aedon did not respond. He stood instead, gazing out into the night. And then, turning slowly to face Nemira said;

“Agreed, just please, see to it she is kept from harm.”

“If that is what her deities have planned for her, she will be safe.”

Smiling softly at Aedon, Nemira shifted back into the form of a swallow-tailed kite, and lifted silently into the sky. The west winds howled as her mighty wings beat effortlessly. And with the speed of a gale, she followed silently and unseen behind Izznet’s craft.