• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

On a scale of one to ten on today's EM event...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

I am not fond of fish in a barrel events. Spawning the paladins seemed lame. If the shard can not handle it, then we lose. Seemed like spoon feeding the PKs. Direction was unclear and seemed to cave into GC whiners.

I am sure Kincaid put a lot of effort into this event, and I appreciate that.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I want my trap box and Grt Cures back!!

LOL

was that a good enough wine, wait let me get my cheese? For some reason when I took the em's gate to the shrine I hit a huge spike of lag on the other end and was killed by the LB bunch before I could even move, I made sure to pass out the murder counts. But the trap box and cures were gone, but they were NICE this time left the cheap suit I was wearing.thanks guys

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me and this farming have to have a chat about my schedule! I missed another one !!!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well, I missed the beginning of the speech as I saw this bunny outside. Then after losing the trap box I went to Zento and brought another, then join the fight with something, never did know what it was, my poor dragon was no match for it so I again left returning with dual pets took forever to get that (whatever it was) thing dead.

4-15-170005.jpg 4-15-170006.jpg 4-15-170007.jpg 4-15-170008.jpg 4-15-170009.jpg 4-15-170010.jpg 4-15-170011.jpg 4-15-170012.jpg 4-15-170013.jpg 4-15-170014.jpg 4-15-170015.jpg 4-15-170016.jpg 4-15-170017.jpg 4-15-170018.jpg

Consider this my news article for the event. it was fun, even if I died a few times, at least I only lost a trap box and a few cures. *Shake fist in the air* Curse you LB ;) But thanks guys for leaving that cheap suit I had on.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I initially considered it a 3... but after a while I realized that this event was catered to a specific skill set. Much to late in to the event many of us finally found our rhythm and managed to work it. Not a bad event. Not every event can cater to one play style. Some times it has to accommodate one group more than another.. just to keep everybody involved.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasn't as fun as the April 1st event, but I have to commend the EM for making the bosses more manageable. On the first event he had to redline the bosses because they were too tough. I'm sorry to all the people who's crappy imbued suits i took on the April 1st event. I needed some crappy backup suits :) I think we only looted one suit this time, and that was only because it was the good stuff. My only constructive feedback would to see a more useful event drop, like a large container or something.

PS) I am selling the event drops if anyone is interested! 124031738

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Wasn't as fun as the April 1st event, but I have to commend the EM for making the bosses more manageable. On the first event, he had to redline the bosses because they were too tough. I'm sorry to all the people who's crappy imbued suits I took on the April 1st event. I needed some crappy backup suits :) I think we only looted one suit this time, and that was only because it was the good stuff. My only constructive feedback would see a more useful event drop, like a large container or something.
What was the drop anyway? And how many were there? And what was the boss? I am still confused, was I fighting a minion of it in the pictures above or was that one of the bosses I am still confused about the whole event myself. It started with me chasing that dang bunny outside, was thinking that the event, wrong. Still, it was fun.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would rate it 8 out of 10, the minus for confusion at the time. This is my take on the event:

In retrospect, it wasn't terribly complicated. We were told that the source of the attack at the Council Meeting was tracked to an island, where unspeakable things were being done to the wildlife. So we went to investigate. Fire Island was infested with relatively strong soulless beings and animals. We were meant to start killing these beings, and when enough had been slain several bosses would spawn (champion spawn style event).

However, there was immediate fighting out of the gate as players on the Vice side of Siege turned on their countrymen. Anyone with stealth promptly vanished into the shadows and everyone else scattered or quickly died either at the hands of the raiders or the spawn. We all knew this was likely to happen, and most brought only basic gear with them. The spawn proved very challenging with this in mind.

EM Kincaid summoned noble paladins to aid us, because otherwise it would have taken a very long time for us to take down enough spawn to advance to the champs. I hadn't complained or asked for help but, personally, I am grateful for this. I do not want people to avoid coming to events because they don't want to risk losing their good gear, and I don't want Siege to 'fail' an event because we couldn't bring down the monsters. Maybe that's trammy of me, but it was the bosses that most people want, not so much the 'trash' spawn that leads up to it. Just my opinion, though, as I run essentially naked.

As for the bosses themselves, having them scattered is best in my opinion. Players on the side of Vice tend to run in packs, and thus only attack one boss at a time. Even so, I think Vice forces did come away with the vast majority of drops. I do not go to events for the drops, but I can see why this might be frustrating to Virtue players. Still... the raiders were relatively polite about it. Didn't loot players much or even trash talk all THAT much. For Vice, that was fairly Virtuous ;)

I got distracted IRL at the end, where there was a small regrouping at the EM House. I missed what we learned from the encounter (RP wise) and what the next step is in the story.

Overall tho, I had fun. I wish there had been a bit more direction. There was a massive wall of text in my journal from spawns tho so perhaps I missed some things being said. I think I need to start finding a party to join before these events!

(Edited to reword the Vice vs Virtue aspect of this tale. I was trying to not name any parties involved.)

Last edited:

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh and the prize was 'A Shredded Soul' - a dark colored fishing net. The one in the pic is lit up for the ID Text. There is one on display at UWSP Marketplace. Teletiles at Umbra and Brit Hubs :)

ShreddedSoul.png

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes it was a very fun event :D... A bit chaotic at the begin but it was fun :D... I'd like to see more story in this event,maybe with some RP part, but i know it's nearly impossible to do because most of people see these things a bit boring :p... Anyway i liked it very much :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Tanager Just to clarify, VICE did not in any way attack other players or interfere with the Event. In fact, I had my dragon tank a soulless while healing Mori's frequently dying pets. The VICE alliance most certainly does not contain any of the folks you are referencing. I believe the term you are looking for is Luna Boys.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
No, no - not vice as in a guild but vice as in vice and virtue! Sorry for the confusion! To me, vice refers to 'bad' type players, and virtue are 'good'. I was only meaning that vice as a type of player went up against virtue as a type (instead of saying red vs blue).I meant no disrespect to anyone, just trying to use RP vocabulary since saying red an blue isn't very RP to me. I will think of a better way to word it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Embrace yer inner Vice... We do not have any Trailer Park Boys in our ranks.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I would rate it 8 out of 10, the minus for confusion at the time. This is my take on the event:

In retrospect, it wasn't terribly complicated. We were told that the source of the attack at the Council Meeting was tracked to an island, where unspeakable things were being done to the wildlife. So we went to investigate. Fire Island was infested with relatively strong soulless beings and animals. We were meant to start killing these beings, and when enough had been slain several bosses would spawn (champion spawn style event).

However, there was immediate fighting out of the gate as Vice went up against everyone else. Anyone with stealth promptly vanished into the shadows and everyone else scattered or quickly died either at the hands of Vice or the spawn. We all knew this was likely to happen, and most brought only basic gear with them. The spawn proved very challenging with this in mind.

EM Kincaid summoned noble paladins to aid us, because otherwise it would have taken a very long time for us to take down enough spawn to advance to the champs. Personally, I am grateful for this. I do not want people to avoid coming to events because they don't want to risk losing decent gear, and I don't want Siege to 'fail' an event because we couldn't bring down the monsters. Maybe that's trammy of me, but it was the bosses that most people want, not so much the 'trash' spawn that leads up to it. Just my opinion, though, as I run essentially naked.

As for the bosses themselves, having them scattered is best in my opinion. Vice tends to run in packs, and thus only attack one boss at a time. Even so, I think Vice did come away with the vast majority of drops. I do not go to events for the drops, but I can see why this might be frustrating to Virtue players. Still... Vice was relatively polite about it. Didn't loot players much or even trash talk all THAT much. For Vice, that was fairly virtuous ;)

I got distracted IRL at the end, where there was a small regrouping at the EM House. I missed what we learned from the encounter (RP wise) and what the next step is in the story.

Overall tho, I had fun. I wish there had been a bit more direction. There was a massive wall of text in my journal from spawns tho so perhaps I missed some things being said. I think I need to start finding a party to join before these events!
I could take this and my pictures and make a decent article out of it for the News, good write up, I missed the begin of the event bashing that bunny outside the EM hall, when I caught up and hit the gate I was killed on the other side very quickly, good thing there was a shrine next to me I was able to res (Here I was worried about res killings) I made sure to pass out the murder counts as I do on ever EM event.