• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OMG to throw away or not to throw away

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the ultimate packrat that I am, I am torn. Do I give up my snow globes collection? do I turn in MY 200 christmas bells that took me forever to acquire.
What to do :(

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many things I am not turning in.. my bells are one. My snowglobes are another.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although I admit that I did not have full sets, I turned all of it in. I decided that the items that I could get would benefit me more than those items. I say dump it.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have so much to turn in. On top of that, 14th ani xshard traders have really been kind to me this year. I have pretty much everything I wanted from the turn in from their items.

I am tossing everything that still spawns for now. But looking through the reward list there isnt a whole lot I really want. I could use the fishing suits and a few bless deeds. I'll get one of everything just to say I have it. A few more fire pits and chaos deeds. Other than that i'll split whats left between as many boots and nightsight earrings as I can get.

I think this is a good chance for me to try to collect all the old xmas items. I'd love to get a full set of all the snowglobes. If I can get a list up of my haves and have nots before everyone trashes their stuff.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Gheed I have a full collection for display in my castle. Contact me for access.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the most part I dumped just about all my stuff. I kept 2 xmas trees, a holiday bell (or is it a birthday bell?) from Draconi, a Destard snow globe (locked down in my Destard house), and a few pieces of Halloween deco. The rest went into the bin for points.

I look at it this way, I have had most of this stuff for years now. As far as holiday deco goes, other than putting up a tree for xmas and a few pumpkins out for Halloween, I don't decorate. So boxes of garland and countless reindeer deeds are a waste of storage. The rest of the stuff I'd been hoarding was all stuffed away in chests in the basement, I wasn't even displaying it. I'll get more enjoyment and use out of new suits and some new deco items I'll actually put out.

I did save a few things, but a lot of it was going to end up in an IDOC or deleted when they close the servers (whichever comes first). Might as well get some enjoyment out of all it now.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best to check the sticky on the rares forums for such things as the rarer
named xmas statues which I collect. If you have any I would trade you the
statue for alot more turn in points then its worth. You can always pm if you
can't find the list of names and I tell you what they are with a responce pm.
Some trash is anothers persons treasures :thumbsup:

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kept pretty much everything that had a name on it: bells, globes, reindeer, sleighs, solstice candles, snowmen, etc.

Threw away all the boxes they came in though :p
Threw away crap loads of old armor and jewelry with spell charges, and bags and bags of id wands/staffs.

Ended up with over 2.5 mil points from just that. And nothing to spend them on.