• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Olmecian Worship Idol

Necro/Tom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all. It has been a while since I have held an auction (or posted on here). Today I am auctioning off an (see title above). Starting bid will be at 650m. It is a 1 of 3 - Unique - Chesapeake Event item. The auction will end on the day of June 28, 2011 at 8:00 P.M. EDT. All bids are to be left in the stratics post itself, not via PM. If a bid is placed in the last 10 minutes of the auction, the auction will last 10 minutes from the last bid. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
Example: if a bid is placed at 7:57, the auction will end at 8:07. This will continue until no bid is placed in 10 minutes of the previous.
If you have any questions, feel free to post here, i will check it sparingly.

P.S. DO NOT , I REPEAT, DO NOT PM ME OF BUYOUTS, IT IS BEING AUCTIONED

Attachments

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very cool item, but it seems saying 1 of 3 and then "unique" right afterwards is contradictory... just saying :) good luck with the sale buddy, its big and rare, should pull some good gold

P

private1

Hi, wondering how you might have gotten this. Did you steal from the event? Because I know the person who got all 3 of them by himself. This was confirmed by Dudley. So may I ask how you came about having this item? Btw check it to make sure its not still bugged, Dudley may be able to help you with it.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still waiting for you to answer private, necro

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, wondering how you might have gotten this. Did you steal from the event? Because I know the person who got all 3 of them by himself. This was confirmed by Dudley. So may I ask how you came about having this item? Btw check it to make sure its not still bugged, Dudley may be able to help you with it.
I Read the post from the guy that got all 3...or said he got ll 3.. said the first vanishd when he tried to lock it own.....know correct me if iam wrong..... some body stole it..LOL.... hey stealing is a huge part of the game and to be honest the guy that bagged the 3 stole them in the forst place....soooooo plz dont complani if a player stole it form your house!!

P

private1

It wasn't stolen when he tried to lock it down, when it was unlocked to move it, it fell thru the floor of a secured house and landed on the ground. It was trying to be retrieved when it disappeared. I stated I understand that things on the ground are fair game and even suggested this one get checked out to make sure it wasn't bugged. I'm not complaining, I was just asking how he came into possession of it.

Necro/Tom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He released it in a public house while my character was revealed the whole time next to them, I simply picked it up when it was released. Auction still going on.

Celestial Knight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Necro the fact's of how these idol's where stolen in the first place was infact used by ingame skill's only >Sir you're a liar or :pint: I'll not say anything else on this small issue because you could not tell the truth about how you really got the idol? Plus i said i would not bash you over this sight,I mean that really however or whatever means you took too steal from me >Fine injoy you're prize Sir.finished with this small issue,Goodbye

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*BUMP* Auction ends in 26 hours.
You might want to check your math here. Even today, it is more than 26 hours from the Auction ending. You stated, "The auction will end on the day of June 28, 2011 at 8:00 P.M. EDT" Right now that is 48 hours from now and you posted that 26 hour message yesterday.

Congratulations on stealing it! I personally would not pay 650 Million for an Event Item. It is not even that old... Also, looks like you have NO other bidders. You want want to start this at 100 and see if you get any takers. That is, if you really want to sell it. :wall:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont know if i should get involved or not but its bothering me. Should he even be aloud to post an auction for stealing from another Rare's collector and admitting to it? I dont know, its a shady thing in my opinion. Cant you just earn the rare like the original owner did?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know if i should get involved or not but its bothering me. Should he even be aloud to post an auction for stealing from another Rare's collector and admitting to it? I dont know, its a shady thing in my opinion. Cant you just earn the rare like the original owner did?
and again.....plz ''live'' with stealing in uo....its probably the most underrated skil in the game an one of the oldest.[end]

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I am just curious and I would prolly hunt the man down with pain sticks and stab their eyes out until their was nothing left and then resurrect them just to do it again but this isn't me....I am just curious as to how it happened so I know who not to trust when it comes to Rares on Chesapeake.

Was the object stolen while at the EM event site?

Did someone release the item in front of the person and they grabbed it?

Did it fall through the floor of the house and the player paged "help" "Other" and requested the item from a GM?

Dudley confirmed there was three stolen and only three by the same person correct? (not that we need an item count I can see all three in my news pictures)

Celestial Knight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Mr Gareth
I really wish you had been just a couple more step's ahead of me to get these 3 idol's.I only wanted to do what Commander Foxx said after the event (the gate would remain open for us to look for more clue's) I remeber those locked door's :eyes: > I just had to get my lockpicker , I had a Master skeleton key on me :thumbup: door opened ,Player named Green Hornet was also looking for more clue's .Mr Hornet ask how did ya open that door (i said gm lockpicker) SO while looking for clue's looking around i only see blood on the wall's and carved body part's (slice and dice ) The skill stealing was also on that toon 120 stealing skill .Thought why not try it because by sight alone i did not see anything So i click on stealing :party:bagged all 3 idol's.Welp that's how i did it.....
Okay the thief of the 3 rd idol >Took place at my trammel castle<
My castle was indeed locked to everyone even my own guild member's . Being a 12 year player of ultima online when locking stuff down in a house first thing is to secure and detect hidden player's >no one but me was in the castle<I unlocked the idol and before i could even click to pick it up under the castle it dropped (snap you're finger's that fast ) I seen a tip of the idol's head tryed to pick it up :cursing: then the idol just vanished >Paged a game master >Game master informed me that it was not under my castle :mad: <at first i was mad yes.but thing's in ultima online have been known to bug :cursing:,
whatever or however Necro/tom was able to get it from under my castle i have no idea:wall: I do hope Necro/tom injoys his prize once again i am not gonna bash ,harm or hurt a player over an item in a game...Mr Gareth i tell ya man it's a simple fact of the game if another player is looking to take what ya earned no security system or door will stop them .

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah; he def. put june 28th at 8pm. He's a dumbdumb and cant count :p Just clarifying. IDK if people wanna take down his auction or not. Just sayin.

:heart: nice item btw :heart: