• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Olmecian Worship Idol

P

private1

Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me a general price range for an item that came from last nights Chessy EM event. The item was stolen out of a locked room after everyone else had left the area. There were 3 Idols on pedestals inside the room, when the items were stolen EM Dudley then appeared before my friend and let him know that there was only going to be 3 of these idols ever made. He gave him a congrats on thinking outside the box and later EM Dudley met him at his castle. He then placed one down in his castle and locked it down. When he unlocked it, it went under the house and vanished with EM Dudley saying "now there are only 2 making them more rare". They then tested the remaining 2 and both were found to be OK for placement. I have now come into possession of 1 for myself but my friend was willing to listen to offers for his remaining one. This is a 1 of 2 item and has been confirmed as such. So if any rare collector out there just has to have 1 of these, cause I can promise the other will never be up for sale, please PM me or icq me at 168363612. (ANOTHER IDOL HAS BEEN FOUND AND IT SEEMS IT WAS INFACT NOT DESTROYED THIS IS NOW A 1 OF 3)

Attachments

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
May I please ask how you got into the room? My friend and I were trying to unlock it in all possible ways and eventually gave up.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm just because it went under the house it doesn't mean its gone. Usually EM or GM can lift that above ground. Have you tried that?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
once in the room, did u have to use the stealing skill or could u just take it?

P

private1

The Stealing skill had to be used to get the item. I'm not sure why Dudley was unable get it for him, from what was said when the item went under the house it just went poof, or maybe because he had gotten all 3 to begin with.

T

Tazar

hmm just because it went under the house it doesn't mean its gone. Usually EM or GM can lift that above ground. Have you tried that?
A Horde Minion Familiar will also get the items under a house...

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So is ur friend who got the other one necro /Tom? Cause if not seems to be another one out there forsale

P

private1

No, he is not, Looks like someone has some xplainin to do. I will let everyone know what I find out.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, he is not, Looks like someone has some xplainin to do. I will let everyone know what I find out.
lol....Is the house you all were in public? Perhaps the 1st one was actually stolen by another thief?

P

private1

If the other item is actually real then it would seem that this is no longer a 1 of 2 but instead a 1 of 3. I am trully sorry for the misinformation. It would seem that this was in fact stolen from Celestrial Knight. He had no way of knowing it had been stolen because no one was in the castle when it was unlocked. The item did in fact fall thru the floor board, and was resting under the floor tile on the ground. He tried every way he could think of to get it but before he could do anything more it vanished. I believe him when he tells me how it happened since we have been good friends for quite some time plus Dudley and a GM responded to his call for help. We aren't bashing anyone because when an Item hits the ground it becomes fair game and we both understand that.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the other item is actually real then it would seem that this is no longer a 1 of 2 but instead a 1 of 3. I am trully sorry for the misinformation. It would seem that this was in fact stolen from Celestrial Knight. He had no way of knowing it had been stolen because no one was in the castle when it was unlocked. The item did in fact fall thru the floor board, and was resting under the floor tile on the ground. He tried every way he could think of to get it but before he could do anything more it vanished. I believe him when he tells me how it happened since we have been good friends for quite some time plus Dudley and a GM responded to his call for help. We aren't bashing anyone because when an Item hits the ground it becomes fair game and we both understand that.
If I know Necro; I bet he cound a way to get it. :dunce:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seeeeems like a Thief stole from a thief....awesome.....''the first one just vanished when we tried to lock it down''.....awesome......DO npt moan or comlai if the first was indeed thieved...this is a big part of UO....to be fair u stole the 3 in the first place[end]/

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dudley and Drosselmeyer are well known for throwing a bone to the thief characters. As soon as I saw those heads I knew they were there to be stolen I was just to slow hehe, nice grab!!!