• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Tamer - Pet questions

Skrylox

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all. I haven't played in a while and have returned but have no idea about pets. I have a legacy pre patch WW (3 slots) and misc other dragons and mares and such. How do I know which are decent? How would i train this WW? I could use it with a fire steed I suppose. I don't want to ruin any of my pets but really am lost with the new taming. I think the CU is ok (yes he is blue) View attachment 77264 upload_2018-2-6_18-36-55.png upload_2018-2-6_18-41-21.png

upload_2018-2-6_18-41-21.png

Skrylox

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also have a Dread war horse I think. When I say "Trick" he releases a puff of black smoke.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yes that's a dread war horse. and if you want to know what's a keeper and what is not, post some pictures I'm sure people will be more than happy to let you know.

Skrylox

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How would i train that WW? do i train it or just use it as a 3 slot and then use another 2 slot pet like a fire steed??

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How would i train that WW? do i train it or just use it as a 3 slot and then use another 2 slot pet like a fire steed??
I would keep it in the stable until you successfully train multiple other pets and learn the system and what pets and skills go with your template.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Exactly what Khaelor said. But train him up eventually.

Skrylox

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly what Khaelor said. But train him up eventually.
Do they change to 4 slot? My tamer would most likely be a bard with Magery for play style (has vet also). Can i just train him the old way by using vet and letting him fight for now? Same with the war horse? I Used to play peace or provoke. This one is scrolled to 120 lore and 120 tame so may revisit . I can't even remember why i stabled certain things 2 cu (1 seems low but pink) 2 greaters war horse 2 fire steeds rune beetle.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if you do not activate the "new training" by pressing the blue button that says "Begin animal training" then you will just be training his/her current skills to their current caps. The same type of training as you probably remember. This type of training will not ruin your legacy pets. However if you activate the new training and then proceed to level your WW up to a 4 slot WW, this is where things can go bad, and why we have suggested that you play with a few fresh tames before actually leveling up your WW

Skrylox

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you. I have a greater dragon 869 hp 118 stam 125 dex 603 int 124.9 magery 96.2 eval 96.7 parry etc I think I'll use. 109 wrestle 112 tact 120.6 resist 94.9 anat. Decent to practice on?