• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old school shard?!?!

• Thread starter ShaunOfPac
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

ShaunOfPac

Someone fill me in. What ruleset is it??? T2A? UO:R?

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't let these trammies fool you it is not old school. It is current siege without ROT and without the new lands. It has everything through imbuing.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has no insurance, Brit is the only GZ, skill gain is 10x faster than production, and a POS glass sword that one hit kills. 10k dmg. and Vampire wars, like they had in the past. take out the swords and it would be a pretty fun shard.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shard seems really awesome but I don't get the whole...
"One hit, one kill" sword. That is completely stupid.

I'm definitely making a character.

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
made a char liked it till some noob with a blue sword started talking **** and 1hit me, that was my que to leave!

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stole some guys LRC suit after we interrupted him and his lady's cyber sessions in their 7x7 north of brit GY with my 5 minute old character and a glass sword. They seemed pretty butthurt which amused me but I don't see a point in playing a "classic" shard with a 2010 skill and itemset. Simply calling this "Classic" rather than a redone siege or a current but pvp based shard doesn't sit quite right with me its like the devs are trying to trick oldschool players to return only to be sorely disappointed.

If you are expecting to be able to roll around with no armor and magic resist and win you are mistaken. If you want to make a leet tactics/wrestle/swords halberd mage this will only disappoint you in every way.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
It's not a classic shard. It wasn't intended to be a classic shard. No one at EA/Mythic has called it a classic shard.

O

Omega9

What happens if you both have the one hit/kill sword?

Do you kill each other?

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the RNG decides I didn't stick around long enough to find out.

And fair enough about the dev's not calling it a classic shard but a boatload of players sure are as evidenced by Shaun's posting so I decided to clear the air for him.