• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old school player Back. Need help.

W

woj1s

Hey guys, I've been away from the game for 7 years. Last night the game popped in my head and i loaded it on my computer and all my characters were still there just as I left them. My old house that I sold before i quit still has my name on the sign outside the house!!! I used to play 8 hours a day and failed a few college classes here or there because of it.

I'm pretty excited to be back!! However, a lot has changed. I've been reading all the forums trying to get aquainted with all these new items....(soulstones, jewels, YOU CAN GO OVER 100 Stats?!?!)

Is there someone here that wouldnt mind me hitting up on ICQ to help when i have a question or two or 14?

The first thing on the agenda is getting a house. I have no idea what the market value is after all these years. Whats does one go for now? Also, is plots of land to place houses on still extremely extremely rare to find? Or can you now search and find lots fairly easily? Nothing big..... 7x7 lot for small house or 8x7 for small tower.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome back to UO *grins*

It was nice talking to you in ICQ today and I hope we can meet you in game soon!

Hugs,
Airmid

A

Angus MacGregor

Hey there! Yeah, a TON of stuff has changed since the old days. I keep getting surprised all the time with new things. Luckily, you will find that there are a ton of very helpful folks that play on this server. It's nice to have folks around who not only don't mind answering questions, but will take the time to actually show you around. LS had a reputation back in the day of having an awesome community, and it seems like that part is still the same.

That being said, look for me on ICQ. (Which I see you already have!) I'll be glad to help you out. It shouldn't be too hard to find you a spot for a house. I'm not rich my any means, but I think I can get a roof over your head. :) And if you like fishing, you can feel free to join me once you can fish in deep water. I GM'ed my fisherman prety quick, and am always out tooling around on the waves.

Welcome back!

Oh, and make sure you attend the Monday night get-togethers in the Skara Brae community center. It will help if we can introduce you to folks. And make sure you get hooked up with the LS Town Crier in ICQ (check the sticky thread on the top of this forum) as it will let you know about community events.

D

Devil_Woman

There are plenty of open spots not only for small houses but also for medium-sized ones. Sounds like you've been gone a looong time. We now have custom housing that comes in a very wide range of sizes. You'll need a house placement tool from an NPC architect and some gold. The tool will show you the available plot sizes and what each one costs to place.

Definitely try to make the Monday night meeting. You'll get to meet lots of helpful folks and get the schedule for the week's community hunts.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys, I've been away from the game for 7 years. Last night the game popped in my head and i loaded it on my computer and all my characters were still there just as I left them. My old house that I sold before i quit still has my name on the sign outside the house!!! I used to play 8 hours a day and failed a few college classes here or there because of it.

I'm pretty excited to be back!! However, a lot has changed. I've been reading all the forums trying to get aquainted with all these new items....(soulstones, jewels, YOU CAN GO OVER 100 Stats?!?!)

Is there someone here that wouldnt mind me hitting up on ICQ to help when i have a question or two or 14?

The first thing on the agenda is getting a house. I have no idea what the market value is after all these years. Whats does one go for now? Also, is plots of land to place houses on still extremely extremely rare to find? Or can you now search and find lots fairly easily? Nothing big..... 7x7 lot for small house or 8x7 for small tower.
Welcome back.

-Galen's player

S

sapphirediablo11

I know a few 10X15+ spots laying around, and in all tram, fel, tokuno(rarer tho.. might be gone by the time you get around)
If you need anything or want to talk to people remember there is a going to be community meets every Monday at the skarabrea community center, next to the bank (I've always wanted to say that :D )
Also, if you need some basic armours, (if you don't have a smith or tailor) let me know i can make you some
Well hope you get back safely into the world of Sasoria, there are big plans for the future for this land.

Best regards
~Poikaer Astalder
+
~Inigo Montoya

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey I know of someone moving out of a really decent house surrounded by mines, no spawn and in Malas. It has max lockdowns for a customizable home (I used to own it)
Anyway, If you are interrested in a free house, let me know.
My ICQ is 172521062:D

P

Pawl

I Know 8 spots to set a 17x 17 to tower size house got runes for them all.

I don't use ICQ anymore and haven't for years. Team speak is the way to go now. voice chat while you play

I too just came back like 2 months ago from a LONG time off..

Name is Pawl for char, i'll be Lumberjacking at minoc moon gate tram and fel , got 4.3 to go til gm :) while working other skills