• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Old school luck suit...

• Thread starter gw_hunter_99
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

gw_hunter_99

Well I am returning to UO after a 3 year vacation.
I have a very nice luck suit with 130+ luck on pieces with LRC and some even have MR 1.
All pieces have been enhanced with spine leather or gold ingots.
My question is can a 139 luck piece with 18% LRC and 1 MR have 1 luck added, 8% LMC added and 2 MR added?

Also I have some older pieces with 2-4 HP regen on them after being enhanced. Elf pieces enhanced with bloodwood. I am curious if more HP regen can be added.

Also if I wanted a suit built for a warrior without worries as to gold and I wanted HP inc, HP regen, Stam inc, Mana Inc what would be the best way of making the items?

High end loot enhanced with barb kit and then imbued?

Pieces made by barb kit and then imbued?

I have lots of questions since I am back. This game has changed...
What are the new caps... HP, Str, Stam, Mana, Mana Regen, Stam Regen, Hitpoint Regen, Hit Chance Inc, Defense chance Inc, and reflect physical damage.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well I am returning to UO after a 3 year vacation.
Welcome back....

A. I have a very nice luck suit with 130+ luck on pieces with LRC and some even have MR 1.
All pieces have been enhanced with spine leather or gold ingots.
My question is can a 139 luck piece with 18% LRC and 1 MR have 1 luck added, 8% LMC added and 2 MR added?

B. Also I have some older pieces with 2-4 HP regen on them after being enhanced. Elf pieces enhanced with bloodwood. I am curious if more HP regen can be added.
Answer:
A. Due to changes made during and after the release of Imbuing, anything that was made or enhanced with colored wood, ingots or leather BEFORE several publishes into Stygian Abyss CANNOT be Imbued - only items made of normal materials prior to that point could be imbued, and items crafted/enhanced of colored materials done after those changes may be imbued.
So, you won't be able to imbue anything you already had from before, that wasn't normal iron, leather or wood when you returned. Anything crafted or enhanced since your return can be imbued, as long as it has room.
B. No. In addition to the answer for A, HPR 2 is still the maximum, and I don't think it's possible to make the HPR 4 stuff anymore.

C. Also if I wanted a suit built for a warrior without worries as to gold and I wanted HP inc, HP regen, Stam inc, Mana Inc what would be the best way of making the items?

High end loot enhanced with barb kit and then imbued?

Pieces made by barb kit and then imbued?
Answer:
C. First of all, you don't "enhance with barbed kit". That doesn't add anything. Barbed kits are crafting tools.
Second, loot off monsters is considered to be normal, not exceptional, quality.
a.Normal Equipment: 450 maximum weighted intensity
b.Exceptional Equipment: 500 maximum weighted intensity.
c. all jewelry can be 500 maximum weighted intensity, as an exception to the above
So, the only loot you'd ever Imbue would be Jewelry.

Now, as for Imbuing and enhancing....
1. Typically, the only times you'll use a runic tool to craft will be to try to get around certain high imbue costs. The best example would be crafting with a Spined runic using spined leather, hoping that you get 140 luck, plus properties you also want, then imbue the other properties, or crafting weapons with a low-end runic, trying to get elemental damage (which no longer counts as a "real" property, just as a bonus that doesn't factor in imbuing costs - for example, if an item created with a Shadow hammer had elemental damage rolled, it would still have 2 runic properties (plus DI from being exceptional) in addition to that bonus property.
2. Most of the time, you'll try to craft exceptional armor with NORMAL tools, trying to get most of the bonus resists from Exceptional quality & Arms lore into resists you don't need to imbue over, with the resists you DO plan to imbue being as close to minimum for regular leather as possible. Any exceptional and material bonuses (As well as existing runic/loot property bonuses) to the resist in one that gets overwritten, are lost.
So, if you want to imbue maximum fire resist on Horned leather sleeves that are already 11%, you'd end up losing the 7% that came from the exceptional/lore/material bonuses (and don't count toward property weight), and only be able to take it up to 19% (base for leather, +15%).
You'd be better off finding a Barbed leather sleeves with only 4-6% total in Fire, and most of the remaining bonuses in the other 4 resists (Especially if concentrated mostly in 2 of them), then imbue the Fire up to 19%.

Note also that most properties count more than 100% for "weight" when imbued. Some even go as high as 140% for putting on the maximum value. This has the effect of making it still theoretically possible (practical, not so much) to make runic items MUCH better than imbued ones. Also note that once imbued, you can never use Powder of Fortification on an item ever again, so be sure to powder it up to 255 before working on it (jewelry starts at 255).

You can get substantially better items by imbuing normal leather, then enhancing AFTER imbuing is complete, but will probably break several attempts at an item, costing several million gold's worth of supplies, unless you acquire one of the enhancing tools from uogamecodes.com , that gives a 100% chance of enhancing success (and the cost of those works out roughly to 1 US Dollar per charge).

D. I have lots of questions since I am back. This game has changed...
What are the new caps... HP, Str, Stam, Mana, Mana Regen, Stam Regen, Hitpoint Regen, Hit Chance Inc, Defense chance Inc, and reflect physical damage.

HP +25 total, STR +25 total, Stam Regen 3 per item, HPR 2 per item, Mana Regen 2 per item (with diminishing returns, for high total values on the suit). I don't think any stat can be taken to over 150 with equipment (potions, maybe, but not sure - I've never ran a potion-user character).
HCI or DCI 45% total (15% per item, 25% if archery weapon) but you can go over to compensate for getting hit with HLA/HLD.
I don't think there's a cap on RPD (other than the max of 15% per item), or if there is, it's 100%.
Pretty much everything's the same, with the possible exceptions of the max stat caps and the MR diminishing (And I thought those went in over 3 years ago).

There should be several pages around that will show you the caps per item and for the entire suits. Try looking in the main UO Stratics pages in the section on Items, or on UOGuide.