• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Old Runes

• Thread starter Jasonleebeck
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

Jasonleebeck

This is more or less an overall discussion/price check/selling kinda thread regarding two old rune books I have on Great Lakes. Both books are titled as such:

Runebook [Exceptional]

All the runes are fel locations, and both books have each 16 and 18 charges. I bring this to attention because I believe the labels on the runes are genuine locations respective of the time they were made, hence the exceptional tags along with the number of charges pointing to the fact. Now here's the part I'm interested in, is there any interest in the runes themselves as a rare, along with the books? I attempted to recall to every location and all but 1 or 2 are inaccessible, as in, I received the message: " You may not travel to that destination."

Some of the rune descriptions are as follows; Bone Knights in Deciet, Shame EE Area, Evil NPC Spawn, Star Chamber - Teths, EMage T2A Roof 2nd Tower, and other (I assume) now unmarkable locations. What's a bigger bummer is that some of the locations, while in the book, have question marks in place of where the co-ord's are. While I could guess that that alone is proof enough of their genuineness, I'm left wondering if these runes are of any value to people today? Whether it be a sentimental value of a time long lost ago, game history itself or a small possibility that the runes may someday actually be useful, an investment of sorts one may say.

I personally think they are wicked cool, and won't let either book or runes leave my ownership with ease.

All that being said, anyone care to share rune stories of way back when to the now 'no-mark' locations? Castle courtyard don't count btw :mf_prop:

T

Teufel_Hund

If I remember correctly you got the ????? when you marked inside of some dungeons.

A

airvincent

As I know "A Runebook Of Exceptional Quality" will be old school runebook, which means it should be rare. I got 4 of this but not sure how much it worth....

K

Kratos Aurion

I have a few "A rune book of exceptional quality" with their original runes. All the runes are inaccessible.

I also have a few bracketed books with original runes which as also inaccesible.

I doubt the runes are worth much themselves but they prove the books age.

A decent priceline should be..

A rune book of exceptional quality - 200k-500k
A rune book [exceptional] 1-2m
A rune book made by (persons name) [exceptional] 1-2m+

J

Jasonleebeck

I have a few "A rune book of exceptional quality" with their original runes. All the runes are inaccessible.

I also have a few bracketed books with original runes which as also inaccesible.

I doubt the runes are worth much themselves but they prove the books age.

A decent priceline should be..

A rune book of exceptional quality - 200k-500k
A rune book [exceptional] 1-2m
A rune book made by (persons name) [exceptional] 1-2m+
Interesting, both of the books I have are just "Runebook [Exceptional]". No "A" in the front of them. Same with the one book I have with the crafters name at the end, then the [Exceptional] at the end, no "A" in the front.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with inaccessible runes is, that you have no proof that they are leading to the named location. Basicly you could mark them anywhere, rename them and build a small plot onto it. I am not shure, if you can get the old colours of marked runes.

K

Kratos Aurion

Interesting, both of the books I have are just "Runebook [Exceptional]". No "A" in the front of them. Same with the one book I have with the crafters name at the end, then the [Exceptional] at the end, no "A" in the front.
I don't know if you're making a big deal out of it but for

"Rune Books [Execeptional]" and "Runebook Made By (player name) [Exceptional" don't have "a" at the beginning. I didn't mean to leave that impression sorry:thumbup1:

K

Kratos Aurion

The problem with inaccessible runes is, that you have no proof that they are leading to the named location. Basicly you could mark them anywhere, rename them and build a small plot onto it. I am not shure, if you can get the old colours of marked runes.
Thats a lot of effort to block a rune. Most of the old runebooks with original runes are all fel. And a lot of the books usually hold runes to dungeons etc where you use to be able to mark but no longer can.

If you own an old rune book with several blocked runes, follow the coordinates of the rune. Most of mine lead to locations that are no longer able to be marked at. For instance fel delucia (khaldun) and other areas that people use to mark at to hunt.