• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Player

M

Muven

Hi all...

I just recently decided to play UO as it has come up in a lot of conversations about how much fun we use to have playing. I have not played since before the 2 different worlds and way before third dawn so everything is a lot different.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting started and back into the game? Also, I am having trouble learning about how to purchase the new customs houses you can build. Any thing else would be great.

Thanks for the help and see you all in game.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The housing is an easy question to answer...you go to the architect guy and instead of buying a house deed like in the old days, you buy a house placement tool. Looks like a spyglass, but more expensive :)
It will let you place any of the old style houses you could buy deeds for.
To place a custom house, you just place the plot only, whatever size you have room for.
Then build the floors and walls and stuff off the customization menu from the house sign.

Hop over to Test center, and build one to check it out...after you do a couple, it gets to be fairly easy. The good thing about test, is that you are given the money needed to build, so its a freebie to try. Also, a house on test doesn't count against your one house you can have on prodo shards. Hope that helps some.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Legends and back to Sosaria! :)

the world is very different now and I would suggest reading some of the Stratics guides, many of which have been very recently updated ~~ the stickies on the various forums have some useful information, also

what playstyle interests you most? answering your questions about where and how to start would be easier with that information

you will find lots of very helpful people on Legends, most everywhere you go! :D

as to the housing question, you will need to see an architect (think that's the one) in a carpentry shop in town and purchase a house placement tool... use the tool on an empty space of land and you get a gump to select the size of the plot you want to place ~~ after the plot is placed you access the house building options from the house sign ~~ you can also select legacy housing from the placement tool

until you find your way ingame stay in touch here! nice to have you!

uhmm... yeah, what Uriah said *waves to Uriah*

M

Muven

Unfortunately, my account from when I use to play, well, I am trying to find my old cd so I can get my cd-key but all i found was a third dawn cd case, which i do not even remember owning!

Not even sure if my characters would even exist after 5+ years anyways.

I am trying to focus more on warrior skills, fencing, etc. Is it still the same, anatomy, fencing, tactics, along with parry? I do not remember focus much, is it even useful for a warrior? I got quite a lot of reading to do it seems like.

For raising skills, where would be the best dungens / locations? trying to add to the stock pile of loot and gold as i raise skills. I am so use to hanging out in delucia all day running around in t2a because that's all there was!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
don't give up on your old account... I have seen reports of recovered accounts that were pretty old still being there... naturally any housing is gone, but characters, contents of bank box and any pets might still be waiting for you.. if you cannot find that original cd key try calling customer support and give them the original information that you can remember such as the email attached to account or credit card number.. it's worth a shot

also, if you do recover that account, do not toss anything you find in the way of clothing, weapons, furniture, trinkets... there are collectors that will pay for stuff like scissors with uses, prepatch shipwreck items, double exceptional items... just hang on to all of it until you can get an idea of what I mean (the rares forums is a good place to watch)

phone information from support pages:

"These numbers are for account support only. The agents you reach at these numbers will not be able to help you with technical support issues.

Inside the United States: 1-866-543-5435
Outside the United States: 1-650-628-4306"