• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old player returning need build

ducknbleed

Adventurer
Im a old player returning on ffiday i would like to either be a t hunter mystic bard or a fisher weaver mage. Any advice on what gear to look gor and what i should do first to get gold for training for power scrolls ill be on a noob account so starting fresh

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Im on atl... I can hook u up with a mage suit and a full scrappers. The suit wouldnt be starter gear. It would be gear. The arties u would have to get urself.
Unless ur a garg...
Hrrm i would work in the kasa of the ra jin and kelp leggings into the suit with one piece thats a greater arti and imbue the rest in. I think i also have a few rings which would work fc/fcr wise and could even throw in a mage weapon for those tricky moments. basically all u need other than slayers and the trinket and arties u will eventually want.
But i want ONE gold peice!!!!

Last edited:

ducknbleed

Adventurer
Im on atl... I can hook u up with a mage suit and a full scrappers. The suit wouldnt be starter gear. It would be gear. The arties u would have to get urself.
Unless ur a garg...
Hrrm i would work in the kasa of the ra jin and kelp leggings into the suit with one piece thats a greater arti and imbue the rest in. I think i also have a few rings which would work fc/fcr wise and could even throw in a mage weapon for those tricky moments. basically all u need other than slayers and the trinket and arties u will eventually want.
But i want ONE gold peice!!!!
Thank you thank you im about to log into atl

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Welcome back. I started back in September and the game is a lot of fun to explore again.

If you're looking for a big house, you may have better luck on Legends than Atlantic. I was never able to find a castle or 18x18 but searching the other shards was a plethora of options.

Good luck and enjoy. Happy Holidays. (Also, try to hit up the Artisan Festival - great stuff.)

ducknbleed

Adventurer
Welcome back. I started back in September and the game is a lot of fun to explore again.

If you're looking for a big house, you may have better luck on Legends than Atlantic. I was never able to find a castle or 18x18 but searching the other shards was a plethora of options.

Good luck and enjoy. Happy Holidays. (Also, try to hit up the Artisan Festival - great stuff.)
Whats the fest like

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's pretty interesting. It's my first year doing it. You turn in completed BoD's to an Elf in one of the towns as it progresses this month. After the turn in timeframe, you click the santa sack and get a gift.

So far I've gotten statues, but I've heard people say you can get Virtue Pillows, so I'm hoping to collect all of those.

Here's the thread that started it all this year:

Artisan Festival Tree Statuses

If you have no bods, people are selling them at vendors, but any craft mule can at least get 3 a day. I think they said you just need to turn one in per character to get a crack at a gift. It's not 100% to reward you; something like 10%.

Out of 6 chars, only two have not received anything this whole time lol. Bugger.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
btw im in brit.. as we speak... custom suit dude.. waiting on u...
Oh smack... im waiting.. My toons name is Hattori Hanzo...

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

LA has a boatload of 18x18 plots open ... Castle spots might also be around somewhere. I have an 18x18 in Malas - S of Luna - and it's barren of neighbors!

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ok im beat... I deal with a deadline type mentality... Works great in my life. More than likely when i wake up i will make a generic mage suit for cheap sdi, max lmc, 100% lrc with mana mods. Just respect my time on the hand off. Im done waiting in Brit.
1 gold ill even throw in rings and a mage weapon... respect my time!

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
talking on a webpage is aprob i understand that u have to refresh it and all.. im in brit still wanting to finish this tonight...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I play a mage/mystic/weaver that swaps out one of the 120 casting skills for Fishing, so your Fisher template is very doable.

My template is 120 Magery/120 Spellweaving/120 Mysticism/120 Eval/120 Focus/100 Inscription/60 Med (using a Katakotl's Ring set for +20 Mystic, and +10 Med)
I have overcapped LRC, LMC, and Int, as well as over 25 MR, 50% SDI (98% with my event spellbook), and the suit is all 70s even with the neck being the 0-resist Pendant of the Magi. I also have what would be overcapped FC and 4 FCR, if I didn't spend all my time with protection and stone form up.

With magery relegated to a travel skill (just enough for recall) you could do away with Eval for keeping Fishing on full time, and not have any meditation, going 120 SW/Mystic/Focus/Fishing, 120 in one more skill (resist? med??) and 100 Magery for travel. And that's with no skill on jewelry or your spellbooks.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Suits done Duck. You being a "young" complicated making this because i couldnt use the arties i would of normally.
it is all 70s with 40 lmc - 40 sdi - 100% lrc - 30 mi - 6 mr - +5 int - +4 str - +4 dex - +5 hpi -
Because of you being a "young" i couldnt get a good ring brace combo going so i imbued them. so the fc/fcr combo is lacking. u do however have +4 fcr and thar combined with the scrappers will make you fc 1 fcr 4 which is playable.
mage weapon included and i made sure to put some magery on the rings so it doesnt drop you by too much. there is also some physical resist on the rings if you prefer to play while in protect.
also got you a sixteenth anniversary pony.
Its in the box i showed you last night at my house. HAVE FUN!
I took the liberty to insure it and also put 20k in gold in the box for you.
just threw in a "totem of the void" trinket i had lying around too. so +2 hpr
So with the scrappers thats 65 sdi. not bad for a new player suit.

Last edited:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can have gems that give 100 more skill points than the 720 cap, but only one skill from each of the five skill groups can be on a single item. I wish someone had told me that before I got into imbuing and spent a year wondering how people had so many points above 720 in their templates.

Example... Peacemaking and Resisting Spells are both Skill Group 5 so you could only have one of those on a single piece. Musicianship is skill group 1 so you could have that and Peacemaking on a single piece.

I haven't updated the below in a very long time, but it's on the skills tab of the attached spreadsheet.

Attachments