• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Old player back again!

R

Red Warlock

Okay, what should i hunt for, havent been playing for about 6-7 years,
so it´s a lot of new stuff.

What do you hunt now days... what shouldi collect and so on... would love some help here pelase.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Red!

Welcome back to LS :)

Check out the community hunts Sabina hosts every Tues-Friday. It's designed for all players, all skills regardless of guild or how new you are. Some do require expansions like Stygian Abyss or High Seas.

Aside from that, Shame is great with harder areas. MUCH harder so don't be afraid to call out for a rez in general chat (the comma key prompts gen chat once you've joined).

You'll find lots to do and lots to do em with regardless of pvp or pvm.

Good luck!

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have the same question when I log in. I used to login for an hour of t-hunting occasionally, but they changed that system so I can neither solo nor find the treasure.

But I log in, and my house is full of obsolete stuff, and my backpacks are full of stuff, and my banks are full. What do you do with valentine's gifts, invisibility items, pieces of blackrock, and random things? I have no idea if the stuff is useless, collectible, whatever.

So then I log out again.

Z

Zolt

Dizzy, I too came back to UO (and Lake Superior) after being gone for six years.

May I suggest you consider looking into the "2011 Clean Up Britannia" campaign to get rid of a lot of your unneeded items?

You mentioned invisibility items, that would fall under the category "Items with "old school" spell charges (protection, bless, etc.)" and be worth 5,000 points alone.

I quickly got to 600,000 points by turning in a bunch of my old school items.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dizzy, give a shout out in general chat also and you may find other players willing to help out also.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Dizzy, I too came back to UO (and Lake Superior) after being gone for six years.

May I suggest you consider looking into the "2011 Clean Up Britannia" campaign to get rid of a lot of your unneeded items?

You mentioned invisibility items, that would fall under the category "Items with "old school" spell charges (protection, bless, etc.)" and be worth 5,000 points alone.

I quickly got to 600,000 points by turning in a bunch of my old school items.
Do I need to turn this in by character, or account? I'm inclined to just either smelt or turn in everything except for resources (ingots, wood, etc) and gold, and the stuff my characters are wearing.

I had a blast with the invisibility stuff long ago. I had a "treasure hunt" where if they killed me, the guildmaster, they won a prize. They couldn't figure out how I kept disappearing without casting spells. :)

dunkirk

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chisel that really you man
Singlard still plays (well not as much with new job and kid)

Glad to see you back

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Chisel that really you man
Singlard still plays (well not as much with new job and kid)

Glad to see you back
Ha, it is indeed. Though Chisel hasn't slain any reds in a number of years now, I miss those old PvP days. Tell Sing I said Hi.