• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old or New?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
was running around the cities on my crafter, doing my bod run, when i go past the Serpant's Hold smithy and see an odd name called "Scouting Imp". I went in to see what the scouting imp was, but only the name shows up(it is in Yellow like NPC's), so the question is this something from the past or something for the near future?

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
really low on the priority list but i think EMs need to go delete no longer used content from shards.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
really low on the priority list but i think EMs need to go delete no longer used content from shards.
I'll one up you on that, and say they should delete EMs from the shards, less chance of another incident of EM's making 'unique' rares etc. for their buddies.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually I prefer if they didn't... much of that stuff is nice, useful and some even pretty besides making the shard more and more unique... which IMO is priceless... so what if you come across some weird looking cluster of things... might make you wonder, How did that get here? What is the purpose behind it? Does it do something? Go somewhere perhaps??

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually I prefer if they didn't... much of that stuff is nice, useful and some even pretty besides making the shard more and more unique... which IMO is priceless... so what if you come across some weird looking cluster of things... might make you wonder, How did that get here? What is the purpose behind it? Does it do something? Go somewhere perhaps??
ok i see your point but some of it needs to be cleaned up like old statues, stew, water troughs etc

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ok i see your point but some of it needs to be cleaned up like old statues, stew, water troughs etc
I offered to do this... for free... I told Mesanna and company that I would go to every shard... and remove all the old junk walk every land and clean up all that garbage. If she would let me....

I even offered to "fix" all the 100,000,000 million holes along the shores in the EC of UO... but I don't know how that would look in the CC. But they need fixing... It makes me so disgusted seeing them... I mean come on DEVs take some freaking pride in your game and clean that up!!! It looks like Poop..... Seriously want anyone to take the game serious make it look at least semi-professional...

Ok that was mean but ...... ()*&$&() IT it drives me nuts

Tiles all messed up along the shore.png

This is what I see EVERYWHERE.... Along every shoreline!!!!! FIX IT !!!!!!!!

Looks like someone unzipped the land all over...

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A couple years ago I was able to get a GM to pick a few things up in Atlantic Yew that didn't belong, but I guess there is some kind of rule on what they can and can't remove. For example there was a statue stuck to the floor, and a water trough stuck to the floor from a years old idoc that had been blocking a small house plot in Yew for a long time. The GM was happy to remove the statue but not the water trough.... it made no sense.... but the water trough is still there.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A couple years ago I was able to get a GM to pick a few things up in Atlantic Yew that didn't belong, but I guess there is some kind of rule on what they can and can't remove. For example there was a statue stuck to the floor, and a water trough stuck to the floor from a years old idoc that had been blocking a small house plot in Yew for a long time. The GM was happy to remove the statue but not the water trough.... it made no sense.... but the water trough is still there.
Do you think if an EM had the tools to do this that things might get cleaned up?
(and they probably dont have the software tools to do it)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do you think if an EM had the tools to do this that things might get cleaned up?
I think they fear the EM would remove things they shouldn't... and that would be bad ... besides EMs are only allowed to work so many hours... and I don't know about you but I would much rather they worked on the events they do than be the UO Janitor...

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hehehehe - i agree but I was thinking about a cleanup event every 6 months or so!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It depends on the EM, I've talked to a few about it. Some would love to help clean up their shard even if they aren't getting paid for it because they are over their work limit that Malagaste mentioned, but there are others who believe the random pieces of stuff are part of the shard culture and wouldn't want to remove them since they are shard history.

I remember awhile ago EM Bennu tried cleaning up some old EM placed items from a scavenger hunt hosted years beforehand, there were like 150 books from it all over Atlantic, and quite a few people were mad at him for doing that and said they enjoyed seeing the reminders of old events and old houses that have fallen. A handful of those books are still around that he missed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are things that are part of a shard... like many things hidden away on GLs ... Seer items and such... Which IMO should NEVER be touched...

And then there are the dozen or so exploit statues that litter the road on GLs by Brit bank... the 100's of things of stew, watertroughs, carpet pieces, paintings, statues, Smith Hammers, etc... that are scattered to the 4 winds all over the lands along with parts of boats in the waters... and other garbage that litters the world that really do need to go... along with I know on GLs there are still probably 3 dozen items still stuck on the world from the destruction of Magincia... that have bars when you ctrl+shift... which could use removing... and stuff of that nature... I happen to like the two lanterns that are stuck in or near trees near Newcastle Township where I live... not far from Wrong... they have been there as long as I can remember... but stuff that blocks housing... garbage left from IDOCs need to go.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Yes, 99% of it won't be missed by anyone if it was deleted.

The corpse of Queen Dawn, inside a mountain!?! Please delete, or at least give her a proper burial.

QeenDawn.jpg

However, the corpse of Malabelle should stay. Most people don't know who she was and her corpse can be used for player run events.
I used it as a part of a quest I made a long time ago. :smile2:

Malabelle.jpg

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, 99% of it won't be missed by anyone if it was deleted.

The corpse of Queen Dawn, inside a mountain!?! Please delete, or at least give her a proper burial.

View attachment 68286

However, the corpse of Malabelle should stay. Most people don't know who she was and her corpse can be used for player run events.
I used it as a part of a quest I made a long time ago. :smile2:

View attachment 68288
At least on GLs Queen Dawn had a proper Burial.. thankfully... She's buried in Yew near the Yew Abbey.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.