• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old n00b looking for suggestions

D

Dafty

Been gone a long time and trying out my old bard that I abandoned years ago and some of the newer stuff like spellweaving, need some suggestions and have a couple stupid questions. Probably more caster than bard now that I think about it.

Trying out a couple builds to see what works, currently have:

Music 88
Provo 83
Disco 72
Peace 81
Spellweaving 65
Med 80
Focus 80 (Will drop once other skills are higher)

I'm somewhat poor so 120's are out of the question for now. Most are scrolled to 110. I wanted to try SW for the no reagents angle. I have a nice 70's 100% LRC suit on my mage/necro but wanted to see if I could manage without falling back on magery but the lack of a heal and cure is making it difficult, didn't realize the SW heal was on such a massive cooldown. I was going to keep magery for the summons too but I like the SW bugs/imps better so far, they work well on discorded stuff.

So first question: Is this doable? Been playing around with it at the ilshnar titan/cyclops area and it seems to work well, at least until a paragon titan spawns and I have to run away screaming. Haven't tried much against heavier casting mobs yet.

The suit I'm wearing now is:

Physical61
Fire 64
Cold 71
Poison 55
Energy 75
FC 3
FCR 6
SDI 52
LMC 49
MR 8

-First stupid question: Does SDI affect SW? I can't seem to find an answer to that.
-From what I gather SW is capped at 4/6. Where can I pick up the last FC? I have one each from ring. bracelet and book but don't know where else to get the last point. As I said I'm 'po so no 10m artifacts for me.
-Need something for healing curing beyond potions, was thinking of chiv at say 40ish for the heal and cure (and recall)? Not sure if the heal amount is skill or fame based. Also how much does the cure hurt at max fame? Or just stick to potions?
-Was thinking of dropping peace entirely as it doesn't seem to work well with provocation and 100 points for a "Oh crap" button seems a bit much, also a peace just means that much longer before I can prov/disc again. Resist maybe? Or any other suggestions
-Is SW gimped without a focus? Maybe it gets better at 100 skill but trying to find anyone to make one at 60ish got too frustrating to bother.
-Any other suggestions? :)

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SDI does effect the amount of damage SW does, also the enchanted apples and going into reaper form increases the damage as well as getting a higher focus. Most people take SW to GM or higher so that they can do word of death. I thought the caps on casting was the same as magery.

You might try running a template like this:

110 music
110 provo
110 disc
100 magery
100 eval
100 spellweaving
80 med

I find having magery is very helpfull for healing, curing, rezzing, and the added firepower. SW is very mana intensive and just doesn't have enough to stand alone.

If you want, let us know what shard you are on and maybe some of us here can help you out.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depending on how high a Mob you want to fight you will need higher barding skills. If you want to fight te high end stuff 120 accross the bardic board are a must.