• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old man spotted.....

Hail! I am reurning back to Britannia after a very long absence and would like some advice on my main. The toon has always played in the path of a Paladin and now since returning after a long absence I have no idea where to go as there is not much up to date info to be followed. I would like advice on stat direction and gear I should be seeking.

Here are my skill and stats.

Mace - 108.5
Tactics - 1-2.8
Anatomy - 108
Resist - 100
Parry - 100
Heal - 89.3
Bushido - 62.5
Chivalry - 48.7

STR - 95
DEX -106
INT - 48

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hail! I am reurning back to Britannia after a very long absence and would like some advice on my main. The toon has always played in the path of a Paladin and now since returning after a long absence I have no idea where to go as there is not much up to date info to be followed. I would like advice on stat direction and gear I should be seeking.

Mace - 108.5
Tactics - 1-2.8
Anatomy - 108
Resist - 100
Parry - 100
Heal - 89.3
Bushido - 62.5
Chivalry - 48.7

STR - 95
DEX -106
INT - 48

The Chesapeake legend? Could it be?

THE Ian Stormbringer?

@Khyro can give you some good advice or at least give you a direction you can go.

Don't mind Pawain, he wants everyone to play a tamer.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Mace - 108.5
Tactics - 1-2.8
Anatomy - 108
Resist - 100
Parry - 100
Heal - 89.3
Bushido - 62.5
Chivalry - 48.7

STR - 95
DEX -106
INT - 48
Welcome back!

If you haven't already, check out the Warrior forums: UO Warrior, lots of guides and information there and people that can help.

Paladins are still fun and can do a lot of content. Looks like you have some good skills already and are close to what is now referred to as a "Dragoon" build (Chiv + Bushido warrior, guide here: The Dragoon (Bushido Paladin V.2.3)). It is unfortunately a pretty armor dependent build (as are most warrior builds), but you can easily get there. The imbue value of dropped pieces is pretty crazy now and you can get a decent suit together for very little. Getting your artifacts and min/maxing the suit is what will take time and be costly, but that will come in time.

Depending on how long ago you played, there will be a lot to re-learn and a big learning curve. I'd suggest hopping into General Chat and getting to know people, most shards are very friendly and happy to help returning players (if you are on Chesapeake, there are lots of us around to help!). If you are indeed from (and returning to Chesapeake), head over to the Chessy forums and re-introduce yourself! (UO Chesapeake)

For an immediate direction of where to go, you will want to keep raising Chivalry and Bushido. You may need to soulstone off Resisting Spells in order to free up skill points. Healing is often not used either once you get to a full build, but you will need to rely on that for sustain until you can get your chiv high enough and your armor in a good place (4/6 FC/FCR can allow you to replace healing and use Chiv heals instead).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(Chiv + Bushido warrior,
Is that what I am?

upload_2018-11-3_18-23-57.png

Go to Khaldun dungeon and freshen your macros.

The first two levels are perfect for you. Just walk in a spiral and spam Consecrate and WW. If you are good at using the template you can stay till the end. I have had a lot of fun with it. I cant stay till the end so maybe they have advice for me.

Players like @Khyro will help you make an infused weapon and get you fighting.

Last edited:

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail and well met again Ian.
Tis NANOC the Paladin talking to you from my house on Dagger Island just south of your Blessed Keep on the Chesapeake Shard.
My skill set the I have found very useful, as along as I have my faithful companion Lady Phoenix by my side (for desperate heals) is as follows:
Anat 120
Healing 120
Parry 120
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Chiv 120
Welcome back and hope to see you ingame.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Used to be that Sampire build was the thing in recent past, esp for spawns and a lot of boss encounters. Over the last year we have seen that there is a return of the classic Paladin though. The only build that I have seen now-days that can do Doom Gauntlet and Darkfather SOLO, is a Paladin build. I doubt that the guy is telling me old sailor stories. Also he relates that he can stand his ground well with PVP/Pkers most of the time. You will need gear of course, that will come with a little time, and scavenging public Boss corpses, in net tosses etc, but you can get gear there.
You will find out that Paladins are back, and really better than Sampires for a lot of encounters. Big boost to them among other things are Life leach Weapons, and really crazy shields, that will make your eye pop out! Sampires cannot use shields (Sadly..).
Get a Blue beetle, and after the Boss dies get the beetle and load up, then select the right pieces, rest you burn for trash points. Ohh if you find a Splintering 20-30 weapon with lightning +50-70, you may make an easy $$ selling it so you get some sorely needed items like a swords III, or Paladin III primer these are game changers. Also guildies may have these primers and pass them on to you for less or rarely free.
Also what Khyro said is golden.
Also : Dont get intimidated by the changes. You'll pick up the new info. Just a little patience.
GL and welcome back..

Welcome back!

If you haven't already, check out the Warrior forums: UO Warrior, lots of guides and information there and people that can help.

Paladins are still fun and can do a lot of content. Looks like you have some good skills already and are close to what is now referred to as a "Dragoon" build (Chiv + Bushido warrior, guide here: The Dragoon (Bushido Paladin V.2.3)). It is unfortunately a pretty armor dependent build (as are most warrior builds), but you can easily get there. The imbue value of dropped pieces is pretty crazy now and you can get a decent suit together for very little. Getting your artifacts and min/maxing the suit is what will take time and be costly, but that will come in time.

Depending on how long ago you played, there will be a lot to re-learn and a big learning curve. I'd suggest hopping into General Chat and getting to know people, most shards are very friendly and happy to help returning players (if you are on Chesapeake, there are lots of us around to help!). If you are indeed from (and returning to Chesapeake), head over to the Chessy forums and re-introduce yourself! (UO Chesapeake)

For an immediate direction of where to go, you will want to keep raising Chivalry and Bushido. You may need to soulstone off Resisting Spells in order to free up skill points. Healing is often not used either once you get to a full build, but you will need to rely on that for sustain until you can get your chiv high enough and your armor in a good place (4/6 FC/FCR can allow you to replace healing and use Chiv heals instead).
Thank you!

Pameleigha

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

Mace - 108.5
Tactics - 1-2.8
Anatomy - 108
Resist - 100
Parry - 100
Heal - 89.3
Bushido - 62.5
Chivalry - 48.7

STR - 95
DEX -106
INT - 48
Welcome back Ian. Bubba still plays too! yell in general chat and we'll be happy to help you!