• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old School Old items stolen

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I placed a bag to be locked down in my Luna house tonight and it was stolen by someone hidden. This bag had 70-100 [exceptional] no crafter marked items in it. I'm obviously very hurt that someone would scope out my house and wait for me to do this but I also understand it's my fault for not making my home private.

I would love to purchase these items back so if you would like to sell them back to me I will. It took my many many years to collect these items.

Pm me or msg me on icq 656525583

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
It does. As I said, it is my fault in the end for not detecting hidden before placing but I really think this was a script because that bag went straight into the air. I have already said command to secure, dropped and was about to click and it went zooming. I take responsibility and will gladly buy it back from anyone. Make an anonymous account and I will gladly deal with you to ransom it back.

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
There were 70-100 items in the bag. All were armor sets and weapons. Some of my favorite items in my collection were in it. I appreciate the thought of donating but I couldn't accept that. I do thank you for offering though.

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Still haven't heard anything on the where abouts of the items :/ I will pay handsomely for these items, just please reach out to me.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would assume this is on Atlantic. Not everyone visits stratics, spam general chat is a good idea. I would also recommend that you do a search for these items and see if someone is selling them. Then if
you find them for sale, perhaps the house has a bulletin board to leave a message at. Perhaps some one will know the owner of this house. Good luck on finding your items.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scum of Atlantic strikes again. Amazes me at how little people value their time, sit around in peoples houses waiting for them to unlock ****. When I had my luna house back in the good ol' days keeping it public was testing; using detect hidden whenever moving anything around became second nature.

Good luck at getting your items back.

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hmm, I have a different take on this. Having played in the dark days of UO with all the scams, people stealing keys to houses, player killing and looting valuables (no insurance), I find it "interesting " how this individual was able to actually perform an in game crime without cheating and using just in game mechanics. I don't look down upon this individual at all, he just used his hiding skill and waited for an opportunity. Nothing wrong with that. Its a game.

What happened to you happened to me as well once and one time I was killed in my house holding rares that were looted. Sure it sucked, but it was my fault for not being careful. I'm glad you realize its your fault and not really blaming this said individual. You did the correct thing just asking that you have the chance to purchase back said stolen items. Heck i remember idoc fights back in the day where u just lost whatever you looted in seconds. Sometimes I would return and ask to purchase certain items that they looted from me. I didn't complain etc , i just asked if I could buy some of the loot back and most PK's would entertain the notion because I didn't cry about it.

I like your calm and collected post. True story, my first friend in UO actually scammed me. I was standing at brit bank and he typed in red font "Taizong is attacking you" So because I was new to the game I reacted and attacked him. Well I got guard whacked and everyone looted me. I had nothing but what was on me. Afterwards I went up to Taizong (amused), and asked him how he pulled that off exactly. He explained , we laughed and afterwards he said because i'm was cool about it, he gave me tons of items from his bank. More than I lost. We talked more, he took me into his guild and taught me to survive UO.

So initially when I read your post, it amused me. How this guy pulled off an old school heist. I am sorry your lost your items, I've been there, but I'm more impressed with how you handled the matter. This looter is not scum, he's just a good thief :) Hope you get your stuff back.

Cheers

Megadeath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Quint said Idocguy was selling a bunch of double ecpt stuff in gen chat earlier today. Not sure if this is it or not. We shall keep an eye out for ya bro. Sorry to hear it went down.

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Maybe changing your name to Poor Beggar would attract less attention too :) Instead of Money Bags lol

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
:) I made it when I returned after a break and wanted a Phoenix suit, thought it would draw attention. In laziness, I never made another.

Still looking for the opportunity to purchase these items back. Thanks! 656525583

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Money, can't believe someone would stoop so low... Well yes I can BUT I want you to come to Pacific. You can look through my private stash and maybe find some items you'd like. Don't have much bulk left cause you bought it all :p, but you're welcome to come snoop in my stuff. Hope you find yours though....

Qikdraw

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm sorry this happened to you man. I hope you are able to purchase them back.

Hell I still have those "Made by" runebooks you wanted. We seem to always keep missing each other and then forgetting about it. lol They're yours if you still want them.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, Money. This is truly lame, and something I'm sure we've all dealt with in the past. I hope you're able to track down and recover at least some of your items.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
By the sounds of the speed they snagged it , sounds like a script looter. Just as a warning to all you High Rare collectors ..There are Scripts that watch a house and follow You around in your house & watch what you drop! I had it happen to me. So make house private , if you have vendors inside Always detect hidden .and remember you have to click on actual house tile not gozas or new stone tiles for it to work you have to get message You checked your house ...

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I agree that it was a script looter. I did detect hiding right after and still no one showed up. That bag was not light in weight. Makes me think there was some funny business going on that wasn't just a player possibly but I would never be able to prove it or check anything.

Thanks for everyone offering free pieces, it means a lot to me. Due to the recent snagging I've decided to sell my doubles to try and regain some gold to possibly buy the items back if they ever show up. I hate to do this because I've never sold these type of items til now. Some are on my vendors and I also have a couple bags full if you want to msg me for anything in particular. The items I have extras of fall in the categories: double exceptional, double exceptional (blessed), (blessed), [exceptional], sewn and any combination possible there of. I hate to do this but I have to prepare for if these items come up for purchase and my hand is forced to buy with a large amount of gold as ransom. 656525583, thanks!

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The person you are looking for posts here. They did not use a script. They were working with one other person to coordinate this theft. You provided this other person with the information used to make the heist happen.

I hope that helps point you in the right direction...

*tips hat*

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
Anything so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
No sir. Hoping @Restroom Cowboy would speak out but doesn't seem that's going to happen.

Still willing to pay for these items if returned or the surface anywhere. I've been selling lots of items in preparation for a ransom so please reach out if you have any info. 656525583 thanks!