• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Old Hero system item(?)

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, i know i got this item a very VERY long time ago, back when i was a REAL noob in UO and just made a toon here to see what this hardcore place was all about....

I know for a fact that i was TOLD it was an Hero item, but as far as my research go, Hero items are not supposed to be able to be worn by any player(?)

Anyone have any clue about these items, and want to enlighten me about it? I can't find much info about he hero system at all, except the fact that it was some kind of Faction like system.

Item Hue = 1154

Thanks in advance.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(open to correction, of course) When factions gave way to VvV, the hero/evil dyed items lost their properties. I have several pieces of armour that used to be dyed, which I couldn't wear after I quit factions. Now, they're perfectly wearable. About the only unique-ish thing about them now is the colour. I think.

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Items that was dyed Hero or Evil was not wearable for normal players. If my memory serves me correctly, those dyed items become wearable to all after AoS? The pre-patch items was coined for that. Any item dyed Hero/Evil after AoS was still not wearable too all and only to Evil/Hero participants still.

Hero dyed items lost most, if not all their value once tailoring BODs came out with a hero colored cloth, and then again with natural dyes. The Ice Blue Robe from the veteran rewards is the same hue as Hero dyed items also. The Evil color, was the same hue as the darkest Evil mage robes, when they were available (once cut-up by a GM tailor, produced 8 cloth).

***On a side note, Not sure if it still is, but Evil Mage robe made clothes are/were very high in value and usually gets bought fast. Some player museums will have them on display. If you do come across one, and happen to see one crafted by "Lady Krystalynn", please let me know. I use to search for pieces I made across shards. Found a couple on Atlantic, and one on Sonoma. Most people will buy them up and cut them up and craft one in their names.***

Sorry about that, I side tracked a little... I believe there is a natural dye that is very similar to the Evil hue. Since Hero/Evil system is pre AoS, there still are Evil/Hero dyed items with the old "exceptional quality" tag on them, like: "A leather skirt of exceptional quality", even older then those tailoring relics are the "green" labeled crafted clothing items and "sewn by" crafted clothes. But without properties for todays UO world, those wonderful items are purely collectibles. I believe the old "exceptional quality" crafted leather armor pieces can be imbued, but it would be just a suit most probably put on a steward or mannequin for the tag. I do have a good stash of "exceptional quality" crafted armor pieces in my little collection if anyone wants to give it a try. :D

My info "could" be wrong and outdated. Been gone for a while. :oops:

I think, kind of a big think, Hero/Evil and even Purple Sigil dyed spell books still hold some value, mostly to collectors.

Like I mentioned before, been gone for a bit, so some info could be wrong.

Hope it helps if I am not wrong. :p

P.S. Classic Client is what I use, so not sure about look of hues on Enhanced Client.

Last edited:

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have a ton of that stuff, and some of the stuff with names.
Rizzy!

If you have a Hero dyed spell book in your chests of stuff, I would be very interested in the purchase of trade of such spell book. Looks like I am missing a Hero dyed spell book in my spell book collection... Embarrassing I know... :oops: Hehe.

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Awesome! No rush though! I think there is less Hero dyed stuff around because most went Evil during that time.

Famine's house outside of Zento next to Tanager's place has a few mannequins with full Hero/Evil dyed outfits on.