• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] old gold eating white wyrms

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have some old school white wyrms in the stable that eat gold. was curious if these things are worth anything or if the oddity is just seen as a quirk with no demand for them.

Last edited:

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have one as well. The are old prepatch white wyrms. Besides fixing the gold issue, i forget what else the patch did. Not sure if their hue is different etc.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They still eat gold...I just tamed 2 new ones yesterday and they both eat gold....so not sure what you are trying to say here.

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
They still eat gold...I just tamed 2 new ones yesterday and they both eat gold....so not sure what you are trying to say here.
My bad then, i thought it was an old bug, havent tamed a new one in a long time lol

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Seems they might all eat gold now but the difference is in the "roar", old ones sound different ;)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They do?? Now I have to go check that out...I don't really listen but my Winter is original to Origin when it first came out....hmm interesting!

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They do?? Now I have to go check that out...I don't really listen but my Winter is original to Origin when it first came out....hmm interesting!
So i've heard, can't say I tested it before (don't have an old one) but it's been written in other posts on stractics

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess what they were "trying to say" was they thought it was an oddity? I guess what I'm saying is there are nicer ways to defuse a situation. Hope that clears it up.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was not trying to be rude, I wasn't sure myself if they had changed anything...I really don't know how far back ~Pre-patch~ goes because, lets face it, we've had a LOT of patches! My original WW from when Origin first came online might not be pre-patch even though it's pretty old....so I was just trying to get some clarification :) and as I can't hear a difference between my old WW and the one I just tamed....I'm still not sure!

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I swear someone just looked at my WW and said prepatch. No clue. How do they look side by side?

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Seems as if the answer lies in part to their strength, and hit points. Per this archive provided by Stratics, the current range should be 721-760 STR, whereas prepatch exceeded that range. HP as well, but I don't know the exact range. According to TamingArchive, there are a few other characteristics to check out:

On February 1, 2001, the "smooth skinned" version of the wyrm was discontinued. This wyrm was later reintroduced. White wyrms tamed after Publish 16 (July 2002) will also eat gold, ones tamed prior will not. Gold will restore a portion of the wyrms stamina depending on how much you feed it (Number of Gold Coins - 50 = Ammount restored).
There is also a page dedicated to one specific pre-patch WW, which shows how many more HPs they had.
According to this thread, pre-Publish 16 WWs also spawned without eval int, which I forgot about. I've played since '99 but I don't think I got into the major tames until after 2002, I'm not too sure. Took me a long time to raise my tamer, just wasn't into grinding it out, haha. I do have a prepatch frenzied ostard though.

Last edited:

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

ide note, At the moment only the ICY ones are spawning, (The one on the right is an ICY), but the only pures (The pure white on the left) floating around are legacy pets. They are selling for a LOT, however OSI has announced that pure Wyrms are coming back in one of the next patches. It may not happen right away, but it almost certainly will happen. So don't go paying 100k for a pure, unless you really really want one! :)

Mine looks like the one on the left. Now that I think about it, prepatch may only relate to the color and not the stats at all.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What do you mean by only the ICY ones are spawning? Have you killed WW's lately? All colors are spawning....like this one

www.jpg

And this one...
puiiu.jpg

Here are all the new colors too

newanimals.jpg

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Read...back then it was about the color. Now there probably isn't diff. I was posting previous posts from yrs past. Stop acting like an ass.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Oh wow, these are new colors of pets that spawn???? Those nightmares look AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing.

On a side note does anyone know if ridge backs spawn different colors now? Hopefully they didn't add a white colored one just for 1 persons sake

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sure no problem, and there are only certain animals that spawn with new colors:

Nightmare
White Wyrm
Giant Toad
Snow Leopard
Frost Spider

Why they picked only those I have no idea..

And Fred? Not trying to be an ass...really in your post there is no mention of dates:

ICYo.jpg In the post BEFORE this one you quoted someone from I have no idea when as that quote is not in this thread....in THIS post there is no mention of dates so I thought you were talking about currently...I was just trying to clarify is all, sorry if you were confused :)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish TamingArchive still existed, that was one of my faves.

I will need to check out these new mare colors. Is the lighter hue more like a Silver Steed? I am looking on an awful monitor at the moment so I cannot tell.