• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

old cu jumped from 3 to 5 after first round of training

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was roughly 82.78% intensity (had prior trained his dex/stam to 125). Finished the first round of training and as the title says, went from 3 to 5. Am I screwed?

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I believe so.
Also most old cus/prepatch come as 4 slot. Are you sure it wasnt 4 slot?

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup. I have a couple others (a white and a black) that both say 3. Kinda don't want to touch them now :/ This is the white one. The copper was the same, aside from it having max dex/stam.

I guess I'll wait to be able to copy to test before I touch the other two.

1624236187086.png

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Only seen pets jump from 3->5 on overcapped exploited pets.
Very odd if it jumps like that.

Test on TC and see what is going on.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It did not go from 3 to 5. The old ones should be at 4 now. You may as well push the button on those at 3 to see if they jump to four. If not, they are fine.

Yes you are screwed. Old Cus that did not have their button pushed are 4 slot when they begin.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It was roughly 82.78% intensity (had prior trained his dex/stam to 125). Finished the first round of training and as the title says, went from 3 to 5. Am I screwed?
Did you buy these Cu's? Or tame them years ago? Also can you post the skills of one of them?

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not purchased, at least not that I can recall. When I say years ago I mean like 2010/2011. Can't post screenies unfortunately. Was out hunting dinos, we both died, and when I got back he went poof.

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It did not go from 3 to 5. The old ones should be at 4 now. You may as well push the button on those at 3 to see if they jump to four. If not, they are fine.

Yes you are screwed. Old Cus that did not have their button pushed are 4 slot when they begin.
I don't follow. The animal lore gump said it was 3 slots. My control slot indicator also said 3. In any case, like I mentioned in the prior post, he went poof.

Gonna copy to test center once that opens back up and mess around with the white and black. Here's the black one

1624318677239.png
1624318691169.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't follow. The animal lore gump said it was 3 slots. My control slot indicator also said 3. In any case, like I mentioned in the prior post, he went poof.

Gonna copy to test center once that opens back up and mess around with the white and black. Here's the black one

View attachment 120283
View attachment 120284
It does not matter it is going to do what it will do. Id say that one will go to 4 slot when you add something.

Players before pub 97 that return now and did nothing with their pets, have their Cus and Hiryus start at 4 slot.

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is one of the old, old, old ones. Waiting to be able to go to test center to see if he's gonna break too.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is one of the old, old, old ones. Waiting to be able to go to test center to see if he's gonna break too.
The old ones were 4 slot pets. But, there was a time, after the 1st taming publish where you could relase, and then retame them, and they went from a 4 slot, to a 3 slot.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It should already be at 4 if were going to be. It really does not matter, it will not get fixed if it does jump. May as well put some stuff on it and see if it just goes to 4 slot like it should. Waiting is not going to fix it.

Follow a guide and it will be a nice pet if it goes to just 4 now.

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good point. I follow your guide for cus :) got an AI/Chiv so far. Think I may do a disco next

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good point. I follow your guide for cus :) got an AI/Chiv so far. Think I may do a disco next
If you want pure debuff you can chose CB and discord in the last round. If you want it to do some damage also. AI/CB/Discord.

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good point on the CB. was gonna leave it at AI/Discord.

Some good news.....the black one went from 3 to 4. Not sure why the copper was buggy.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
good point on the CB. was gonna leave it at AI/Discord.

Some good news.....the black one went from 3 to 4. Not sure why the copper was buggy.
Great! Keep training.

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any real need for 120s aside from discordance (magic skills in general)? Thinking of just doing 110s, again aside from discordance. Also a factor....ATL prices are insane.

1624502712459.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
110s are fine. Just use 120s for magics.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 120283
View attachment 120284
Given the amount of bugs, poor coding, and idiosyncrasies in how the pet training works, it is really a good idea to do this for every pet. Immediately prior to training it, copy your char to TC and upgrade it exactly as you plan. If everything works as you want it to, repeat it immediately on a live server. This practice saved me many a pet from a gimped/suboptimal configuration.

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was my plan but for some reason, I'm unable to copy my character to the test center. I did recently resub, so maybe that's why?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was my plan but for some reason, I'm unable to copy my character to the test center. I did recently resub, so maybe that's why?
TC copy is down for all of us.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
High intensity pets deserve 120's :) just my personal opinion.
Save points so you can upgrade in the future!